Communicado Official: Casemiro #18

Khadaad

Isn’t that Portuguese ? No idea just would think he’d speak in his mother tongue
I think he's referring to Mitten's accent while speaking Spanish.

Must be hard for native english speakers to lose a strong accent.

Phil

Feels weird to hear Spanish spoken with a manc accent
:lol: it's not the best accent but feck it, he's speaking another language.

Casemiro seems genuinely excited to be here, I heard he can't wait to try mushy peas too.

3vra

How does it really work ? I understand official matches but why is he not allowed to train ? I mean feckin Usain Bolt without visa can take part in our training. What is stopping him ? Just meeting with few mates at the pitch to have a go.

It is like:
- you can be at our training ground you can even wore our training kit but do not feckin touch the grass !

Or is is just precaution for him not to get injured in case he somehow does not get that visa and need to be back at Real because transfer collapse ?

I am confused...

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
How does it really work ? I understand official matches but why is he not allowed to train ? I mean feckin Usain Bolt without visa can take part in our training. What is stopping him ? Just meeting with few mates at the pitch to have a go.

It is like:
- you can be at our training ground you can even wore our training kit but do not feckin touch the grass !

Or is is just precaution for him not to get injured in case he somehow does not get that visa and need to be back at Real because transfer collapse ?

I am confused...
Training is working. You can’t work without a work permit. Bolt having a kickabout at Carrington is not working.

Sviken

With this guy in front of Martinez and Varane our core looks immeasurably better than Maguire/Lindelof/McT.

All three of the new guys scream leadership and taking responsibility’s let’s hope this feeds through the team.

As much as I thought initially this was a payday for him - and maybe I’m being a bit romantic here - but he genuinely seems to want to play for us…which is strange and refreshing.
This guy is 10 times the player McTominay is. My only worry is injuries and potentially him dropping his level after 2-3 years, but 2-3 years for us of him performing should be more than worth it.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
I love Casemiro, he's probably the best in his role but he's not going to single-handedly win United games. Casemiro will help recover balls and give solidity to the team, but you need Modric / Kroos- type of players in midfield or Benzema upfront to win the big stuff.

Casemiro was/is the perfect bodyguard, but he won’t suddenly make United competitive. However, you do need a base to start from and Varane - Martinez with Casemiro shielding is a pretty good spine.
It will make us competitive. We are underachieving because our midfield is shite, but it's not because they are completely useless, it's more because they have been asked to play a role which doesn't suit them. IMO Casemiro will have massive positive impact on that.

He's not here to win our games obviously, but he will provide a platform for others to perform and this is a better move than getting De Jong and playing him with Fred/Eriksen.

Halftrack

It is like:

I am confused...
Training is part of his job, and thus requires a work permit. Usain Bolt wasn't an employee of the club, he just attended training as a guest and would not need a visa for that.

3vra

Yeah but what stops him doing It anyway ? They not gonna give him visa for „working” without permission ?

Sitting with manager and listening about tactics and stuff is also part of the job, is he not allowed to do that also ?

Giving interviews and some marketing stuff, like photoshots in our kits is also part of the job and he done that already.

Job is when you get paid noone will stop me from going to England and help my mate paint his house for free, he is not gonna get paid for the time he is not oficially confirmed so before that anything he is doing is a charity work because he just want to and that should not be a problem.

Otherwise where is the line, what is allowed and what is not ?

For sure he is at Carrington doing some gym work behind close doors.

NewYorkRed

Absolutely buzzing for Saturday. I’m assuming he’ll start, can’t wait to watch the team play with an actual world class DM. Bruno and Eriksen should see a lot of the ball because Case will be winning it back all the time.

JB7

Has Andy Mitten done many/any official interviews for players at the club before?

Hopefully get some insight from him on the next talk of the devils podcast.
He referenced speaking with him a couple of times in the podcast after Liverpool.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Stretford Paddock can be such dicks, like the official Man Utd twitter is going to post it with "We Want Glazers Out" chants. Not sure any one from the social media team wants the sack in all honesty......

arthurka

Stretford Paddock can be such dicks, like the official Man Utd twitter is going to post it with "We Want Glazers Out" chants. Not sure any one from the social media team wants the sack in all honesty......

Yeah Utd are definitely let the Glazers out ring on their Twatter account.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Has that been confirmed?
I swore I saw an official push notification from the Man Utd app that he's wearing 18, I just googled it and can only find rumours. I'll have to look on the Man Utd website again

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Has that been confirmed?
I swore I saw an official push notification from the Man Utd app that he's wearing 18, I just googled it and can only find rumours. I'll have to look on the Man Utd website again
Feck. Not been confirmed.

I vividly remember reading on the Man Utd app that he was wearing number 18. Must be getting old :lol: :lol: :lol:

JB7

I vividly remember reading on the Man Utd app that he was wearing number 18. Must be getting old :lol: :lol: :lol:
It was reported by one of the press accounts that seemed to be very up on the information before he signed in fairness. I can't remember which but seem to remember they got everything else right about the deal.

diarm

Yeah but what stops him doing It anyway ? They not gonna give him visa for „working” without permission ?

Sitting with manager and listening about tactics and stuff is also part of the job, is he not allowed to do that also ?

Giving interviews and some marketing stuff, like photoshots in our kits is also part of the job and he done that already.

Job is when you get paid noone will stop me from going to England and help my mate paint his house for free, he is not gonna get paid for the time he is not oficially confirmed so before that anything he is doing is a charity work because he just want to and that should not be a problem.

Otherwise where is the line, what is allowed and what is not ?

For sure he is at Carrington doing some gym work behind close doors.
It could well come down to insurance. If he's not registered to play and train, it's quite possible that his policy wouldn't cover his wages if he went down injured in such a training session.

Cypriot

It was reported by one of the press accounts that seemed to be very up on the information before he signed in fairness. I can't remember which but seem to remember they got everything else right about the deal.
I recall seeing this also - but then again I recall having even the most revered journos telling us Sancho was #7 up until he wasn't.

Hal9000

Does he speak English?
No, in the interview he apologised for not speaking English and said he wants to learn asap. If he does speak it, it's very limited

His wife and kids speak it though.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022

:lol: they might’ve accidentally pushed it early and then removed it to be fair to you

Pavl3n

I think we have on of the most annoying Twitter accounts. Constantly posting misleading videos and images from the Man Utd app. And even if you've downloaded the app and you click on it - the store opens prompting you to download the app. Not sure what is worse, the app, the twitter account, the board or the Glazers.

Long Time Red

BTW Casemiro speaks really good Spanish which suggests he's pretty intelligent and will likely pick up English quickly.

Glorio

Ronaldo beaming like a kid in the first training pics with Casemiro

crossy1686

career ending
This guy is 10 times the player McTominay is. My only worry is injuries and potentially him dropping his level after 2-3 years, but 2-3 years for us of him performing should be more than worth it.
As Keane once said, playing DM is easy, you just drop further back and pick your passes, you can do it late into your 30’s.

Look around Europe now and all the best DM’s are in their 30’s.

crossy1686

career ending
BTW Casemiro speaks really good Spanish which suggests he's pretty intelligent and will likely pick up English quickly.
Well it doesn’t actually suggest that at all. He’s lived in Spain for about 15 years so it would make sense that he speaks fluent Spanish. Portuguese also isn’t that far detached from Spanish. I’m sure he’ll be fine though, Ancelotti thinks he’s a future manager by the way he reads and studies the game and he’s already said his family and he want to learn English ASAP.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
He has lived in Spain for 9 years of course he is going to speak really good Spanish, and it doesn't mean he is intelligent because he can speak the language of a country he has been living in and speaking for almost 10 years.