g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Communicado Official: Casemiro #18

estel_manutd

Absolutely, Carrick, Scholes, Giggs, Keane, Irwin, Bruce, Sheringham...need I go on?
Sure. The point I am making is that Fergie and Gill would never (rarely) give five-year contracts to players over 30. And if a player asked for one, they would have tried to move them out.

R'hllor

When it comes to Casemiro, there are few things i have issue with, he is on high wages (regardless of his quality), me wanting to remove most leeches from first team and reseting our wage structure, this transfer aint helping that. His age is what ever for me.

His motives for joining and overall motivation, this aint an issue more like i fear that he is joining for wrong reasons and if you look our post SAF history, this might not end how we all hope for.

Best thing we can do as a next step is to now target some young players for same position and develop them, so when the time comes for passing a torch, we actually have plan for it.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Amen, he was football, Messi/Ronaldo might be better players or more commited but if i had to pay to watch any player, it would be Ronaldinho.
Ronaldinho was visibly having fun. It's so rare in the current climate where people forget that it's a game the players and viewers are meant to have fun.

IRELANDUNITED

Signing him is pretty much the same as signing Van Persie. Just we needed a DM desperately and then we needed a ST. Though of course different level of team around.
yeah and just because someone is 30 doesn’t mean they’ve only a year or 2 left at the top level. More and more players these days are looking after themselves better than ever and playing into their mid to late 30s, look at Casemiro’s former teammate Modric who absolutely bossed the CL this season. Casemiro probably looks after himself extremely well, has had a practically injury free career so him being 30 doesn’t concern me at all.

Valencia Shin Crosses

yeah and just because someone is 30 doesn’t mean they’ve only a year or 2 left at the top level. More and more players these days are looking after themselves better than ever and playing into their mid to late 30s, look at Casemiro’s former teammate Modric who absolutely bossed the CL this season. Casemiro probably looks after himself extremely well, has had a practically injury free career so him being 30 doesn’t concern me at all.
It's funny because if we had gone out and bought Modric last year along with Varane people would have shit themselves because of how old he is. Yet he's still one of the best midfielders in the world and ran circles around Liverpool in a UCL final. People need to get over the age thing and evaluate players on a case by case basis instead.

IRELANDUNITED

It's funny because if we had gone out and bought Modric last year along with Varane people would have shit themselves because of how old he is. Yet he's still one of the best midfielders in the world and ran circles around Liverpool in a UCL final. People need to get over the age thing and evaluate players on a case by case basis instead.
That’s United tax isn’t it. If Liverpool or City had signed him there wouldn’t be a word about his age. The minute United make a signing the media and opposition fans come up with anything they can at all to criticise the signing. One of the downsides of being the biggest club in the world.

Suedesi

I love Casemiro, he's probably the best in his role but he's not going to single-handedly win United games. Casemiro will help recover balls and give solidity to the team, but you need Modric / Kroos- type of players in midfield or Benzema upfront to win the big stuff.

Casemiro was/is the perfect bodyguard, but he won’t suddenly make United competitive. However, you do need a base to start from and Varane - Martinez with Casemiro shielding is a pretty good spine.

Madrid22

Supports
Real Madrid
Anyone care to guess what words were exchanged between himself and Keane? Casemiro can’t speak English and I doubt Keane can speak Spanish so I’d be interested to know what conversation went on.
Casemiro is Brazilian, his mother tongue is portugese. His Spanish is good but not perfect.

izak

Supports
Glory Glory Red Devils
Any news of his Jersey number yet?

Woodzy

Complete shot in the dark considering he’s yet to kick a ball for us but got a feeling this guy is gonna end up being a big name in our club’s history.

MUnchies

Sure. The point I am making is that Fergie and Gill would never (rarely) give five-year contracts to players over 30. And if a player asked for one, they would have tried to move them out.
Can we move on from the Sir Alex era please, he was a special manager and did things most managers could not. This nostalgia way of thinking is why we are where we are.

Its like Chelsea fans and Barca saying Jose and Pep would have done things different if they were in charge instead of Tuchel and Xavi but you don't hear that because they moved on and thats how it should be.

BestRed

Can we move on from the Sir Alex era please, he was a special manager and did things most managers could not. This nostalgia way of thinking is why we are where we are.

Its like Chelsea fans and Barca saying Jose and Pep would have done things different if they were in charge instead of Tuchel and Xavi but you don't hear that because they moved on and thats how it should be.
Yeah but Fergie would never move on like that.

Witchking

If they managed the club for more than 2 decades, they would also be taking about them. But your point still stands :wenger:

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
I have no doubt that he is a quality player. But 5-year contract for a 30-year-old. He is the exactly the profile of player Fergie would have been trying to shift out of the club.
If he can help stabilize that midfield for 2-3 years then why not?

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
The Keane thing was cute, but it’s hard not to see it as a cynically bit of PR, considering it’s exactly what we did with Varane and Rio… Which conveniently pitch side player are they gonna make Anthony shake hands with? What’s Lee Sharpe up to?
Dan James

Glorio

While I take your point about moving on, I'm 100% certain Chelsea and Barca fans do the exact same thing with José and Pep respectively

MUnchies

While I take your point about moving on, I'm 100% certain Chelsea and Barca fans do the exact same thing with José and Pep respectively
Not that I have seen on this forum. They adore their successful coaches but they don't hang on to 'we should do things how they did" like we do with Sir Alex.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Had a little grin when they showed him sat in the ground on Monday night, sky put up a table showing what he had won but beneath it all they had his age, there was absolutely no need to include his age in what they were showing.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Has he been training?
He didn't have his visa until now.

Casemiro has already received his work permit and today he will train for the first time with Manchester United.

The normal thing is that he will be summoned this weekend to play against Southampton (Saturday at 1:30 p.m.).

captaincantona

With this guy in front of Martinez and Varane our core looks immeasurably better than Maguire/Lindelof/McT.

All three of the new guys scream leadership and taking responsibility’s let’s hope this feeds through the team.

As much as I thought initially this was a payday for him - and maybe I’m being a bit romantic here - but he genuinely seems to want to play for us…which is strange and refreshing.