Community Shield is today. Leicester v Man City.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
Yeah, it's weird that the team with far less squad depth than the top 4 teams managed to drop more points in the 2nd half of the season, two seasons in a row. Absolutely mind boggling.

Must be bottling.
I didn't mean to belittle Leicester, sorry if it came across like that. Always happy when Leicester do well, used to live there. Also a solid point about squad depth, still think there's an element of bottling to the last two league campaigns, especially considering Rodgers history.

Fussball13251

I don't care what anybody says Harvey Barnes is a class player.

No offence to James or to Giggs but we should have signed Harvey during that point.

He does more than score goals - he's comfortable, techy and intelligent.

Last edited:

Chief123

Grealish price tag makes Sancho look like an absolute bargain. Sancho will outperform Grealish without doubt.

Classical Mechanic

Still great to win it, even if it's barely a trophy. I've been to a few, including the one vs City in 2011. The place went bananas when Nani scored the winner in the last minute.
Honestly I've never placed any value on winning it.

Any time City lose is worth celebrating surely?
I don't have an issue with that but why are players celebrating it like it actually means something, why has this happened? I can only assume it's media hype.

DoneDaDa

Supports
Toronto FC
As I said in the league this season United and Chelsea are more then capable of beating this City side no excuses really.

Josh 76

Grealish price tag makes Sancho look like an absolute bargain. Sancho will outperform Grealish without doubt.
Grealish already written off after 30 mins of a pre season game.

Redcafe never disappoints!

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Nathan Ake with the type of defensive play 13 year olds do when they try to desperation tackle.

Cloud7

fecking hell, what have we come to when a team is celebrating the Charity Shield like that! It's a friendly.
The community shield is still a trophy. For clubs that aren’t the traditional trophy laden clubs it’s still significant and a part of their history.

decorativeed

Bit early to claim that innit? Also stop with the jinx on our own players please, we don't want Kagawa/Mkhi all over again don't we
I didn't think Kagawa was a disaster. Came for a cheap fee and did a good job for us, if nothing exceptional. Suffered from being at the club during the disastrous Moyes period and shipped out along with a load of other players we'd have been better off hanging onto by a clueless Louis van Gaal.

DoneDaDa

Supports
Toronto FC
Hmmm, not sure we will but fingers crossed that Ole can do some magic this year.
I can only see Chelsea as the biggest obstacle, they've got a complete squad and depth. City false 9 will be figured out Pep will either experiment and either we might see something like the last year or a disaster like in 19/20.

Matst1

Matterface making excuses for City.. "they faced an albeit under strength City side" and "Grealish not getting the time enough to show what we know he's capable of" feck off you muppet that's their fault. Thought we were rid of this prat after summer.
It’s unbelievable the charity they get, they’d be destroying United, giving absolutely no excuses for us. It’s really hard to listen to these commentators/pundits if you support United.

Chief123

Grealish already written off after 30 mins of a pre season game.

Redcafe never disappoints!
Written off by saying Sancho will be better than him? Not exactly written off is it Sherlock.

I’ve always said Sancho is the better signing and better player.

MileStolar

I didn't think Kagawa was a disaster. Came for a cheap fee and did a good job for us, if nothing exceptional. Suffered from being at the club during the disastrous Moyes period and shipped out along with a load of other players we'd have been better off hanging onto by a clueless Louis van Gaal.
Mate I loved Kagawa as a player, he had good first season but after SAF left he never lived up to his potential with us and neither with BVB later.

It's a shame, he had such incredible weight of the through ball, good turn on the ball in crowded areas and elite off the ball movement which resulted in many goals back in 1st stint at Dortmund.

fecking Moyes ruined him and many others in just one season... He never got to play #10 and that was a crime but all in all it would be an understatement to say I'd be disappointed if Sancho had similar impact as Kagawa.

decorativeed

Mate I loved Kagawa as a player, he had good first season but after SAF left he never lived up to his potential with us and neither with BVB later.

It's a shame, he had such incredible weight of the through ball, good turn on the ball in crowded areas and elite off the ball movement which resulted in many goals back in 1st stint at Dortmund.

fecking Moyes ruined him and many others in just one season... He never got to play #10 and that was a crime but all in all it would be an understatement to say I'd be disappointed if Sancho had similar impact as Kagawa.
True enough, yeah.

jeff gurr

Supports
Leicester City
I know it was a city b team but Leicester really do have a winning mentality, likeable club as well.
It was a Manchester "B" team that cost twice as much as Leicesters "A" team. Being able to bring on a 100 million pound sub is bit of a bonus !!

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
I don't care what anybody says Harvey Barnes is a class player.

No offence to James or to Giggs but we should have signed Harvey during that point.

He does more than score goals - he's comfortable, techy and intelligent.
He’s the next Grealish. Not in any way similar. But in terms of being deemed a top tier player In Waiting. He’s brilliant.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Was that not the start of our submission? It was the season after the 1-6 defeat IIRC. Ultimately a club fighting against a changing tide. Fun game sure but it reflects insecurity more than anything.
You could say the same about Leicester. After being pipped at the post for CL football twice in a row you can’t really blame them for getting excited about beating (and largely out-playing) one of the big boys.

Classical Mechanic

You could say the same about Leicester. After being pipped at the post for CL football twice in a row you can’t really blame them for getting excited about beating (and largely out-playing) one of the big boys.
Nani’s greatest ever game in a friendly and a precursor to our decline whilst City ascended. I’ll leave you to that ‘glory’ thanks.

Ole's screen

Supports
KC Chiefs
Nani’s greatest ever game in a friendly and a precursor to our decline whilst City ascended. I’ll leave you to that ‘glory’ thanks.
We were not in decline though. We still got the same number of point as them that season and blew the league away the next year. Our decline had everything to do with SAF's retirement and nothing to do with City's rise.

And you bet you ass City would have celebrated that just as vociferously. People have always celebrated winning the Charity Shield. Its a game you have to either win the league or the FA cup to play. Obviously it is not meaningless even if its not a major trophy.

Classical Mechanic

We were not in decline though. We still got the same number of point as them that season and blew the league away the next year. Our decline had everything to do with SAF's retirement and nothing to do with City's rise.
I suppose that’s debatable. Our squad was declining and we didn’t have a real grip on the future of football whilst City did. RVP was a plaster over a gaping wound.

Oranges038

Always nice to see them lose, even if it is a glorified friendly. Last minute penalty from a former player too, just makes it that bit sweeter.

M Utd

Anyone else get the feeling a this City loss will almost certainly mean the City board pull the trigger on the Kane signing?

Utd77

Whisper it quietly, I think Rodgers would be an outstanding manager at Utd!