Community Shield is today. Leicester v Man City.

PoTMS

What the feck are United doing let players like Soumare and Tielemans join Leicester all the while spending double on shite like Fred?

BlueHaze

What the feck are United doing let players like Soumare and Tielemans join Leicester all the while spending double on shite like Fred?
:lol::lol::lol:

So far we've invested good this summer though undeniably.

mu4c_20le

He has the trophies on his CV, same cant be said for Utds current coach, and his teams are always competitive.
I appreciate the football his teams play, but he'll always be a bit of a clown in front of a camera. I would like to see him succeed Southgate, so I can appreciate him from a distance.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
Was that not the start of our submission? It was the season after the 1-6 defeat IIRC. Ultimately a club fighting against a changing tide. Fun game sure but it reflects insecurity more than anything.
There was no feeling of insecurity at the time. The tide may have been changing, but there was definitely no insecurity.

Halftrack

He has the trophies on his CV, same cant be said for Utds current coach, and his teams are always competitive.
He has a trophy, singular (CC doesn't count), on his CV. Unless you're counting the Scottish ones, in which case it's only proper that you count Ole's trophies in Norway.

Halftrack

Was that not the start of our submission? It was the season after the 1-6 defeat IIRC. Ultimately a club fighting against a changing tide. Fun game sure but it reflects insecurity more than anything.
No, it was before the 1-6. City had yet to win the league at that point.

Scriblerus

Very impressed with City's close teamwork today. The speed with which they got 6 men round the ref after the penalty award was remarkable.

Robertd0803

Myself and brother in law didnt even know this was even on until after it finished.

It is nice to see City lose. Hopefully sets them up for a season of it.

wise_old_man

You are the one who got it wrong. This is the Community Shield before the 2011-2012 season. We had the 1-6 defeat in this season (First half). So all that point about insecurity is bull. Actually starting the match and not aiming for victory is even more of an insecurity sign.

Classical Mechanic

You are the one who got it wrong. This is the Community Shield before the 2011-2012 season. We had the 1-6 defeat in this season (First half). So all that point about insecurity is bull. Actually starting the match and not aiming for victory is even more of an insecurity sign.
That’s not how I remember it, we had just come off the humiliating defeat by Barca in the CL final and were worried about about City overtaking us. They had signed Yaya, Silva, Aguero and had blown us out of the water to nab Nasri over the past couple of seasons. It was a big relief to play so well against them in the CS. Obviously I was wrong about the 6-1 but those were the feeling around the game I remembered so associated that game with them.

That said I was drunk last night so was a bit giddy in the defence of my point.

I still stand by this new status around winning the CS as being absurd. It’s a one off friendly and one that was massively disrupted for City because of the Euros. It never used to have any real importance and for good reason.

I never said that you shouldn’t try to win it either.

Last edited: