Confirmed: Moyes sacked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dave2528

I'd be relieved for Manchester United but a bit sad for the man. He clearly got a job much above his station and has his managerial reputation in tatters as a result of it.
Why feel bad? He'll be financially set for the rest of his days, and, I guarantee you that he'll have no problem finding another job managing. He proved at Everton that he's capable of keeping a team in the top half of the Prem under a tight budget. It's the step up from that where he falls flat on his face.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Don't get overexcited, nothing has happened yet.

It's not hard to 'guess' such headline after such horrible results.

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
Wow. fecking hell.

I didn't expect this. Seriously..

Sir Matt

Blue Devil
Were the rumours of Welbeck leaving, amongst other things, what tipped Moyes over the edge?
He lost the players by pandering to Rooney. He's been put on a pedestal while RVP, Welbeck, and Chicharito have been treated poorly. There were rumors of the dressing room being upset at Rooney's treatment in the fall. Rooney behaved poorly and was rewarded for it by Moyes. You can't have that and expect respect from the other players.

Remix

LordoftheStreams
What are the odds on Moyes being the next Newcastle boss?

Baxter

Don't get overexcited, nothing has happened yet.

It's not hard to 'guess' such headline after such horrible results.
It's clearly been briefed by the club. Every paper was on it and basically exactly the same point.

Esquire

Very true, I feel sorry for him too. Its the right decision though
Agreed. You can tell he is an honest, decent and hard working person. But do I feel sorry for him? Not really because his severance will be astoundingly good and should set him up for the next 10 years. He will then have his pick of plum mid-table jobs.

If this does happen, just wanted to say thanks David for trying so hard and you've been a gentleman. But the United job was simply too daunting for you and it never would have worked out.

Raul Madrid

I wouldn't feel too bad for him. He's been very well compensated.
Very true. But his reputation has been destroyed and he has become a bit of a clown and laughing stock in so many peoples eyes. After ten years of hard work at everton to establish himself as a serious manager, it has been almost ruined in a few months. It is unlikely he will ever get a top job now and he might even be put off managing as he will not think he is good enough for the top and he also knows all the drama and bullshit you have to put up with like every facial expression he makes being analysed and dissected etc

Mystry

Friendship is magic
Halle-fecking-lujah. Perhaps I should be a bit more sympathetic because in the end we gave a guy a shot and it just didn't work out but with the extent of his failure and with a lot of his remarks I was genuinely beginning to dislike Moyes himself, not just the job he was doing.

Still it's a great relief if this is happening seeing as it felt like a real possibility him staying on despite him by all account meriting the sack long ago. Once he leaves we can move on and put this season out of our memory.

Green_Red

I just hope they give someone at the club who knows how to win a game of football the reigns until a suitable manager is found rather than rush in and appoint some half arsed tactically braindead never ran... again!

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
No paper has ever said anything about him getting sacked, ever. This must be over.

Shinjisan

Account closed by request
Although inevitable, still a sad news. First and foremost it puts the club in an uncertain position. I really wanted Moyes to succeed and start a new era of a stability post Sir Alex. Unfortunately, he couldn't make the step up.

Everything bad I expected post Sir Alex's retirement has come true so far. I hope we can get the right man this time and don't fall into this trap of hiring and firing managers frequently.

What we could have in store in the future worries me. :(

Remix

LordoftheStreams
Man Utd to sack Moyes?
Major news from the Premier League where a number of national newspapers in the last few minutes are reporting that David Moyes is to be sacked by Manchester United after a poor season.

From the BBC

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Very true. But his reputation has been destroyed and he has become a bit of a clown and laughing stock in so many peoples eyes. After ten years of hard work at everton to establish himself as a serious manager, it has been almost ruined in a few months. It is unlikely he will ever get a top job now and he might even be put off managing as he will not think he is good enough for the top and he also knows all the drama and bullshit you have to put up with like every facial expression he makes being analysed and dissected etc
I don't feel bad for him. He'll get a good job which is closer to his level and he'll actually enjoy the job again.

JohnDoe

Agreed. You can tell he is an honest, decent and hard working person. But do I feel sorry for him? Not really because his severance will be astoundingly good and should set him up for the next 10 years. He will then have his pick of plum mid-table jobs.

If this does happen, just wanted to say thanks David for trying so hard and you've been a gentleman. But the United job was simply too daunting for you and it never would have worked out.
He may get a lot of money, but it can't be easy to be dealt the most coveted job in football to much fanfare and end up a laughing stock 10 months later.

walsh

Hodgson was arguably made even more of a laughing stock while at Liverpool and went on to become England manager...

Status
Not open for further replies.