Confirmed: Moyes sacked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Please, please, please be true. Please!

Bestie07

Why feel bad? He'll be financially set for the rest of his days, and, I guarantee you that he'll have no problem finding another job managing. He proved at Everton that he's capable of keeping a team in the top half of the Prem under a tight budget. It's the step up from that where he falls flat on his face.
He was financially set before he joined us. His bridges with his previous club have now been burnt and he will get no love from us either. Hard not to feel a bit sorry for him. He'll get a decent job soon, the Villa job will soon become available I think.

Plugsy

BBC Five Live "No official confirmation but strong speculation that David Moyes is about to be sacked as manager of Manchester United"

PSingh

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Is it true? I don't want to overreact at some headlines...

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Very true. But his reputation has been destroyed and he has become a bit of a clown and laughing stock in so many peoples eyes. After ten years of hard work at everton to establish himself as a serious manager, it has been almost ruined in a few months. It is unlikely he will ever get a top job now and he might even be put off managing as he will not think he is good enough for the top and he also knows all the drama and bullshit you have to put up with like every facial expression he makes being analysed and dissected etc
I don't think his reputation has been ruined. He would be a great fit for a midtable club, and in a few years, maybe he can try his luck again. He'll learn from this hopefully.

I'm just sad at how it has ended up like this. A Manchester United manager sacked, to cheers from the club's fans, and jeers from the entire football universe. Rumors of players not giving 100%. Whether he leaves or stays something has gone wrong.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
This is amazing, so hoping it's true!!

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
You should do the same. Fair enough if it's the right decision and people are happy, but show a bit of class.
Jaysus, it's a football forum.

It's not really the place to go looking for class, is it? Nor where every word is to be taken uber seriously.

Revan

Assumptionman
The best thing that is happening to United since that night on Moscow. I really hope that these 'rumours' are true and the worst manager to have managed a top team in the last decade is sacked.

saivet

I know some of you don't want to get too excited but this is a certainty. It's over lads, it's over.

Jaapster

BBC Five Live "No official confirmation but strong speculation that David Moyes is about to be sacked as manager of Manchester United"
It could all be bullshit, but I think the bandwagon has started to roll , someone has leaked something.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Very true. But his reputation has been destroyed and he has become a bit of a clown and laughing stock in so many peoples eyes. After ten years of hard work at everton to establish himself as a serious manager, it has been almost ruined in a few months. It is unlikely he will ever get a top job now and he might even be put off managing as he will not think he is good enough for the top and he also knows all the drama and bullshit you have to put up with like every facial expression he makes being analysed and dissected etc
:lol: That's crap. He can do a great job at a team in mid table on lower resources (like Cardiff for example). But he simply didn't have what it takes to make the step up. Not all players are big club players, nor are managers. He'll still be remembered for doing very well at Everton, just failed miserably at United.

Hodgson took over England after Liverpool and has done well for England. His reputation has hardly been destroyed by a bad move to a club that wasn't suited for him. It's like some of you think he's been sentenced to death. :lol:

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
I want him gone, but I'll be sad it didn't work out for him. I really wanted him to succeed when he first got the job. I was optimistic he could be the man to take us into the future long term. I expected this season to have it's difficulties, but I never imagined we would sink this low.

He gave his all, and I imagine this short reign has been horrible for him as well as us. Him leaving would be the right decision for everyone involved. I think he will regret leaving Everton for this job. He looks to have aged 10 years. I bet he's had many a sleepless night, wondering "what do we have to do to win?"

I still want him to succeed in management. He's a good man, but a man significantly out of his depth.

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.
I really wanted him to succeed because he's a genuinely a good guy. But he doesn't have the mentality for a club of this stature so this should be the inevitable outcome. Good luck to him. Now let's bring in Klopp!

Raul Madrid

Hodgson was arguably made even more of a laughing stock while at Liverpool and went on to become England manager...
No offence if you are English, but I wouldn't consider that to be one of the biggest jobs in world football as it is made out to be. Its not like he had to compete with mourinho, or ancelloti etc to get it.

Drifter

American
Although inevitable still a sad news. First and foremost it puts the club in an uncertain position. I really wanted Moyes to succeed and start a new era of a stability post Sir Alex. Unfortunately, he couldn't make the step up.

Everything bad I expected post Sir Alex's retirement has come true so far. I hope we can get the right man this time and don't fall into this trap of hiring and firing managers frequently.

What we could have in store in the future worries me. :(

Agree with that , if he is sacked ,the next manager is not guaranteed the players would suddenly become world beaters,could be facing a revolving door of managers.

scorgasm

Last Man Standing champion 2020/21
Just got the chrome extension that informs you every time a website is updated and added manutd.com to it, only bring this out for transfer stories! Pure muppetry. Of course, should it be true, I wish Moyes the best.

Baxter

There is no way he'll be here for long after knowing he's getting the sack. He'll be gone before the next fixture.

Status
Not open for further replies.