Conor Gallagher | Everton make 40m + 5m bid?

A prime example of how clubs like Everton can spend an absolute fortune yet never seem to improve and even regress.
Meanwhile you have the likes of Brighton bringing in Mac Allister and Caicedo for peanuts whilst Everton spunk a small fortune on this lad.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
I just don't get it with him. Does he excel at anything? Seems average across the board any time I've watched.

Nice hair though. I'll give him that.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
A prime example of how clubs like Everton can spend an absolute fortune yet never seem to improve and even regress.
Meanwhile you have the likes of Brighton bringing in Mac Allister and Caicedo for peanuts whilst Everton spunk a small fortune on this lad.
The thread title is out of date. Everton’s bid was last January. It’s West Ham who want him now.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
West Ham will be taking him instead of McT so? He’s clearly a better player. Worth more. Younger. Has already done more in league. Lots of untapped potential (from a buying perspective) You’d be buying McT for his leadership, athleticism and experience more than anything technical.

West Ham will be taking him instead of McT so? He’s clearly a better player. Worth more. Younger. Has already done more in league. Lots of untapped potential (from a buying perspective) You’d be buying McT for his leadership, athleticism and experience more than anything technical.
How’s he done more in the league than McTom?

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Disagree... I'd take McT over Gallagher everyday at the week

Over 200 apps for United >>>> One decent season at 12th place Palace.

LARulz

This is why I am always pissed at our sales, we are happy getting £10 million for a player yet others can sell absolute shit for a lot more

Everton are morons to pay that much for him though

Rnd898

Supports
Chelsea
I would only sell Gallagher if an outrageous bid comes in and I don't think £40M is quite there yet.

Don't get me wrong, £40M is already more than a fair value for a player of Conor's level and I'd personally value him around £30-35M but we've already brought in so much money from sales that there's really no need to raise any further cash and I really think Gallagher is a solid squad option to have. Probably won't ever be regular starter quality in any side aiming for top4 or better but he does offer some versatility and a tireless engine, both of which can be very useful attributes especially for a bench player.

Without knowing specifically who we'd get in to replace him I wouldn't be too comfortable letting him go just yet. If there's a top class alternative lined up then I'd be in favor of the move but we could also just end up with another average player who isn't any better than Gallagher but also isn't an academy graduate earning low wages, in which case I'd just rather keep him in the first place.

Idxomer

Disagree... I'd take McT over Gallagher everyday at the week

Over 200 apps for United >>>> One decent season at 12th place Palace.
I don't rate Gallagher much but he beats McTominay in almost every stat, the only thing he doesn't seem to do better is winning headers. McTominay's passing stats are awful for someone who played in United's midfield for 200 games.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I just want to give this lad his props. He’s found his home in this Poch midfield. He’s such a class midfielder. He was superb today and he’s been pretty incredible all season.

Shipperley

Supports
CPFC
I just want to give this lad his props. He’s found his home in this Poch midfield. He’s such a class midfielder. He was superb today and he’s been pretty incredible all season.
I always keep an eye on how he’s doing and am really pleased it‘s working out

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I always keep an eye on how he’s doing and am really pleased it‘s working out
I think Mount wanting to leave really cemented his place and he’s taken his chance with both hands. In fact I think he’s improved so much in his technical ability. He’s far more press resistant now and can dribble out of tight situations or find a cute pass. He’s becoming a pretty complete midfielder this season. Love to see it.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
He's ok, don't think the word class can really describe him.

Seems to try hard, run around a lot and give everything every game which goes a long way, but is a long way of being 'class'.

Ollie Derbyshire

If he played for us he’d been seen as not good enough. He doesn’t excel at anything in my eyes, he’s just a tidy player.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
He's ok, don't think the word class can really describe him.

Seems to try hard, run around a lot and give everything every game which goes a long way, but is a long way of being 'class'.
I don’t think I’m exaggerating when I say he’s been class. How you described him would have been a perfect description for before this season. He looks way more complete now.

city-puma

I don’t think I’m exaggerating when I say he’s been class. How you described him would have been a perfect description for before this season. He looks way more complete now.
In many ways, he is Chelsea’s McT. People think he is a nothing player because he is not the world beater in any main aspect (“main” with regard to certain fans’ opinion). And, he is not the world beater as the whole package. Therefore, he is garage and a mid or lower table level player. Hence, when Hammers bid 45+mil, it’s crazy not to sell. Thus, ……

Supports
Chelsea
Been one of our best players this season ever since he switched position with Enzo. All credit to him, though frustrating on the ball at times his pressing & engine is terrific and a real asset.

Righteous Steps

Saying he’s been one of Chelsea’s best players doesn’t really mean much anymore in this day and age.

Supports
Chelsea
Saying he’s been one of Chelsea’s best players doesn’t really mean much anymore in this day and age.
Its definitely important for Chelsea as the owners were desperate to sell him all summer. Being one of our best players, and captaining the team all season should surely change that going forward but you never know.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
This was posted on Nov 7th. He has more now.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
In many ways, he is Chelsea’s McT. People think he is a nothing player because he is not the world beater in any main aspect (“main” with regard to certain fans’ opinion). And, he is not the world beater as the whole package. Therefore, he is garage and a mid or lower table level player. Hence, when Hammers bid 45+mil, it’s crazy not to sell. Thus, ……
61 touches, 95 pass accuracy against City isn't half bad.

city-puma

61 touches, 95 pass accuracy against City isn't half bad.
It doesn’t matter, right? Just read the post before yours.
McT is similarly called mid-/lower table level, even championship level player.
I do agree that Chelsea supporter said above, people here hate every of our players.

Bluelion7

Supports
Chelsea
It doesn’t matter, right? Just read the post before yours.
McT is similarly called mid-/lower table level, even championship level player.
I do agree that Chelsea supporter said above, people here hate every of our players.
McT has never been a PFA finalist though? People didn’t look at Conor and think “solid backup” . Conor has been nearly crowded out by coaches that wouldn’t play him or sell him, or played him in ways that didn’t suit him. Chelsea goes through the Roman thing, we have all the confusion, and the new owners think he’s a dump asset.

Big credit to Poch . Decision making in the middle third, especially with horizontal passes, was the weak link in an otherwise physically dominant and skilled machine. The staff seem to have seriously drilled a higher level of awareness into him. He’s gone from being a potential liability to down right press resistant.

Golden Nugget

That's because you lot seem to hate almost all your players.
I don’t go on any opposition forums, but do you guys call every signing championship level player and naming each signing the worst signing we’ve ever made as well?

Shipperley

Supports
CPFC
I think he basically did the similar for crystal palace.
Yep they’re playing him like we did and putting him in a position to maximise his energy by winning the ball high. Playing him in that role was the only chance he ever had of establishing himself in the side permanently as his technique is not top level.

I’d agree that he’s improved significantly with the ball to be fair but I’d also say he seems to have lost that instinct to get in the box and score goals. He also looks a lot more serious these days and dare I say it, like he was enjoying his football a lot more whilst playing for us. Imagine that’s the pressure that comes with playing for Chelsea of course.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Yep they’re playing him like we did and putting him in a position to maximise his energy by winning the ball high. Playing him in that role was the only chance he ever had of establishing himself in the side permanently as his technique is not top level.

I’d agree that he’s improved significantly with the ball to be fair but I’d also say he seems to have lost that instinct to get in the box and score goals. He also looks a lot more serious these days and dare I say it, like he was enjoying his football a lot more whilst playing for us. Imagine that’s the pressure that comes with playing for Chelsea of course.
Mount leaving is the best thing that could have possibly happened to him, they are just too similar to work in the same side and constantly got in each others way.

Enzo arriving is the second best, they literally balance each other out perfectly and make up for what the other doesn't have.