Conte | Spurs Manager

AshRK

This conte ball reminded me of his Chelsea 2nd season performance against City at etihad. Basically conceded the match and accepted 1-0. Today did the same.

R'hllor

Just like it was with us under JM, you cant play such football where when you dont win, you have nothing to lean on.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
His body language when he shook Ten Hag's hand at the end looks like an apprentice bowing down to his KungFu master. "Yes milord".

RuudTom83

His reaction during the Arsenal game was very defeatist.

Similarly tonight, he appeared to accept defeat. The four subs at the end came across as resting/rotation and not an attempt to recuse anything from the match.

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
Spurs looked clueless playing three in midfield, 3 DM's and no one to link midfield and attack. They should probably not have tinkered with the formation and tactics too much and just started Moura up alongside Kane and Son.

On a side note, what's with all the hate on the caf for Fred and Bruno? Easily the best 2 players on the pitch.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
Maybe his strategy is to not be too concerned about defeats away at top 6 rivals. Concentrate on beating them at home and winning the majority of the rest of the games? He's 3rd in the league and played 3 of the rivals away and none at home, so on the surface you'd say he wouldn't be too unhappy at that if the target is just for a top 4 finish.

romufc

I am glad we did not go for him, this is exactly the reason why I was against his appointment.

Its boring football, sitting back and once you go 1-0 down, the whole game plan goes out the window.

I dont see how much longer Spurs fan take this if results don't go their way.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Their problem has been the same for a few managers now for me. They want to play everything through Harry Kane and almost seem to forget about the importance of having a good team to base that around.

I think they made a mistake not selling him to City as it might have forced them to address the fact they're pretty shite at football.

You can obviously have Kane in a good team but surely you have to start by not setting up or playing in a way that is almost completely reliant on him.

I don't even know if it's a signings thing as they have players who constantly seem to play within themselves.

saivet

Glad we didn't get him. A much better manager than Ralf and he may have even got us top 4 but the performance we saw from Spurs yesterday just sums up his football, boring as feck.

Took ages to make any changes and while it looks like they have a few injuries, a midfield trio of Hoijberg, Bissounma and Bentancur just summed up his aspirations to get anything more than a 0-0.

Judas

Open to offers
He would have been a quick "fix", the sort of desperate big name managerial appointment that have stunk up this club since Fergie went. If it's true Ronaldo was one of the most vocal against him, we might have found the crumb of comfort that has been his return.

Strootman's Finger

His reaction during the Arsenal game was very defeatist.

Similarly tonight, he appeared to accept defeat. The four subs at the end came across as resting/rotation and not an attempt to recuse anything from the match.
Totally agree, when he made those subs I immediately felt like the game was over, strange.

Strootman's Finger

Glad we didn't get him. A much better manager than Ralf and he may have even got us top 4 but the performance we saw from Spurs yesterday just sums up his football, boring as feck.

Took ages to make any changes and while it looks like they have a few injuries, a midfield trio of Hoijberg, Bissounma and Bentancur just summed up his aspirations to get anything more than a 0-0.
I wonder how long Totenham fans will tolerate it. I have always associated Totenham with exciting football.

saivet

I wonder how long Totenham fans will tolerate it. I have always associated Totenham with exciting football.
I'm not sure, he's largely done a good job with them to be fair but if he doesn't win anything this season and or they don't make top 4 I think they will start asking questions. The football the play isn't good nor is he in it for the long term to accept anything less than immediate success.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Love nothing more then beating this clown. For all the people that was desperate for us to get conte… that result is the reason we didn’t. Still remember when he beat us 4-0 with Chelsea and he was running up and down the touch line like an headless chicken. Can’t stand him.

DJ_21

They've had three negative managers on the spin now. They must be quite accepting of that kind of football.
I think they’ve stopped with the exciting football and managers in favour of trying to win some silverware, which is the reason they brought in mourinho and conte. Got knows why they got nuno from wolves… think that was a bit of a desperate moment and no one els was available. Glad we got ETH when we did or he’d of been a perfect fit for spurs.

cyberman

They've had three negative managers on the spin now. They must be quite accepting of that kind of football.
Said it before. They keep signing negative managers who do well initially but fall away as the season goes on. These players will down tools because they do not want to spend 90 percent of games tracking fullbacks to their own byline.
I say 3 but it’s even 4 with Pochettinos last 18 months

Chief123

Reading their forum, they’ve had enough too. They are coming out with comments we had when we had enough of Jose. Like “I want to be excited about watching football again.” They’ve accepted playing shite football is pointless when it isn’t going to win anything anyway.

BurgerVan

Supports
Arsenal
Out of the top 6 teams, Potter is probably the worst followed by Conte and Arteta in joint 5th.
I would put Conte 3rd, I am not a fan of his style at all, but he is successful, and only behind only Klopp and Pep.

I don't know where I would put Ten Hag as I am not that familar with his work, I know he won things with Ajax but everyone does right? They are top of the league right now.

Idxomer

I think they’ve stopped with the exciting football and managers in favour of trying to win some silverware, which is the reason they brought in mourinho and conte. Got knows why they got nuno from wolves… think that was a bit of a desperate moment and no one els was available. Glad we got ETH when we did or he’d of been a perfect fit for spurs.
Ten Hag apparently blew his interview with them. Potter then rejected them and they were about to appoint Gattuso before fans campaigned against him. There was no coherent plan and they settled on Nuno in the end.

DJ_21

Ten Hag apparently blew his interview with them. Potter then rejected them and they were about to appoint Gattuso before fans campaigned against him. There was no coherent plan and they settled on Nuno in the end.
Wonder what he said differently to them than what he said to us. I bet he blew it on purpose… he probably demanded 300m to sort that crap squad out. Ours wasn’t as bad, just needed a few tweaks. Potter knew he could of got a better team, think he’d of done well at spurs aswell though.

slored1

They weren't great yesterday but it was more on us being an absolute machine. We pressed like maniacs, Fred and Bruno must have ran 15 miles each.

I'm sure Conte knows that his team isn't perfect yet, the likes of Davies, Dier, Doherty and all three central midfielders aren't good enough to be a parts of a title winning team. If they can back him again, they will be one step closer next season.

romufc

They weren't great yesterday but it was more on us being an absolute machine. We pressed like maniacs, Fred and Bruno must have ran 15 miles each.

I'm sure Conte knows that his team isn't perfect yet, the likes of Davies, Dier, Doherty and all three central midfielders aren't good enough to be a parts of a title winning team. If they can back him again, they will be one step closer next season.
They signed Lenglet, Bissouma, Bentancur under Conte, so they are his players. I dont think the brand of football Conte plays is suited to PL challengers these days.

Chief123

I would put Conte 3rd, I am not a fan of his style at all, but he is successful, and only behind only Klopp and Pep.

I don't know where I would put Ten Hag as I am not that familar with his work, I know he won things with Ajax but everyone does right? They are top of the league right now.
I wouldn’t. I’d have Ten Haag 3rd ahead of Conte and Arteta. It’s hard to compare because one has obviously been around a lot longer. In the short space of time ETH has already outwitted Klopp, Conte and Arteta tactically.

Nope. They hadn’t won it for 5 years till he came along. Then won it 3 out of 4 years. Also reached semi final of UCL. Furthest they had got in 22 years.

Nick7

Wonder what he said differently to them than what he said to us. I bet he blew it on purpose… he probably demanded 300m to sort that crap squad out. Ours wasn’t as bad, just needed a few tweaks. Potter knew he could of got a better team, think he’d of done well at spurs aswell though.
They thought his level of English was too low if I remember correctly.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
It is clear by now that he will not win the league 99%, which makes things for all parties even spicier. I really hope Juventus is not so stupid to offer him an escape route… even if we historically pursue comebacks, after the failure of Allegri 2.0 a Conte 2.0 would be even more rancid… imagine if followed by Allegri 3.0 after one single season.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Nope. They hadn’t won it for 5 years till he came along. Then won it 3 out of 4 years. Also reached semi final of UCL. Furthest they had got in 22 years.
This is said a lot on here but I don’t think it’s true. Ten Hag joined Ajax in December of 2017, and won his first title with them in the 2018/2019 season according to Transfermarkt.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
I wouldn’t. I’d have Ten Haag 3rd ahead of Conte and Arteta. It’s hard to compare because one has obviously been around a lot longer. In the short space of time ETH has already outwitted Klopp, Conte and Arteta tactically.
I'll wait and judge Ten Hag over a longer period and once he has played more top 6 teams away from home. So far there's been a pattern in nearly every game between the top 6 of the home team winning, bar a last minute Spurs equaliser Vs Chelsea.

abundance

Supports
Inter
I think Conte ideally is for very aggressive, not speculative, football.

It's just that he fetishizes intensity, focus, and cohesion, and will totally shit his pants if he thinks his team is not where he wants it to be in that regard.

If he keeps working without losing the locker room, Tottenham will eventually end up being very rugged and bolder than it is now.
Only to revert to excessively risk averse any time they hit a bad patch of form.

Flexdegea

This is said a lot on here but I don’t think it’s true. Ten Hag joined Ajax in December of 2017, and won his first title with them in the 2018/2019 season according to Transfermarkt.

Think he right with 3 out of 4 leagues then as he joined first season mid way

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
It is clear by now that he will not win the league 99%, which makes things for all parties even spicier. I really hope Juventus is not so stupid to offer him an escape route… even if we historically pursue comebacks, after the failure of Allegri 2.0 a Conte 2.0 would be even more rancid… imagine if followed by Allegri 3.0 after one single season.
There was never any suggestion we would win the league. If anyone honestly thought we could then they clearly are mental.

Dec9003

Think he right with 3 out of 4 leagues then as he joined first season mid way
Yeah, he won his first at the end of his second full season. They didn’t win the league for five years but Ten Hag was there for about fifty percent of that.

Valencia Shin Crosses

Out of the top 6 teams, Potter is probably the worst followed by Conte and Arteta in joint 5th.
Maybe in achievements but I actually rate Potter ahead of both of them currently. Pure opinion though as I think Potter is excellent and rate his Brighton squads very highly when he was there.

Honestly every club in the top 6 has a very good manager, which I think is the first time in a long while you could probably say that.

kaiser1

Supports
Bayern Munich
They signed Lenglet, Bissouma, Bentancur under Conte, so they are his players. I dont think the brand of football Conte plays is suited to PL challengers these days.
Add Richarlison Kulusevski Perisic

abundance

Supports
Inter
Yeah, he won his first at the end of his second full season. They didn’t win the league for five years but Ten Hag was there for about fifty percent of that.
uh? nope.
He joined Ajax in December of the 17/18 season and finished 2nd; then he won the league in 18/19; in 19/20 the season was suspended for COVID, and then canceled and voided, while he was joint first with Alkmaar after 25 games; then he won it again in 20/21 and 21/22.
Se basically, he stayed at Ajax 4 years and a half, but in that time he completed just 3 full seasons and he won the league in all of them.

Dec9003

uh? nope.
He joined Ajax in December of the 17/18 season and finished 2nd; then he won the league in 18/19; in 19/20 the season was suspended for COVID, and then canceled and voided, while he was joint first with Alkmaar after 25 games; then he won it again in 20/21 and 21/22.
Se basically, he stayed at Ajax 4 years and a half, but in that time he completed just 3 full seasons and he won the league in all of them.
Ah sorry you’re right, I got mixed up. Still though, it’s not true to say they’d not won it for five years before he came along.