Conte | Spurs Manager

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
They're total shit and have been very, very jammy in so many of their games to have as many points as they do. Every half decent team they've played has had them on toast. We stuffed them. Arsenal stuffed them. Sporting stuffed them. Chelsea stuffed them (and they were hilariously jammy to be given a point).

Watching them today, parked with 11 behind the ball in the last minutes, while losing 2-0. :lol: I'm so glad we didn't end up with Mourinho Jr.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
They're total shit and have been very, very jammy in so many of their games to have as many points as they do. Every half decent team they've played has had them on toast. We stuffed them. Arsenal stuffed them. Sporting stuffed them. Chelsea stuffed them (and they were hilariously jammy to be given a point).

Watching them today, parked with 11 behind the ball in the last minutes, while losing 2-0. :lol: I'm so glad we didn't end up with Mourinho Jr.
They have two amazing forwards even if everyone behind them is a water carrier and that’s good enough to keep you in the top 4 race.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
They have two amazing forwards even if everyone behind them is a water carrier and that’s good enough to keep you in the top 4 race.
It's Oleball with Harry and Sonny instead of Rashy and Tony.

The difference is we only usually played like that against the best teams. They play like that every week.

Redderp

Conte must hate football because he seems to be on a mission to destroy it. I wrote it in the match thread, but i’m so glad we don’t have him as our manager.

Imagine having to watch a team starting with 2 offensive players. 5 defenders and 3 defensive midfielders. And then getting dominated, 2-0 down and there’s zero change in the tactics. Only subs with 10 minutes left and no change whatsoever. Just pretty much making subs for no reason when the game is over. Not even changing the tactics.

Also imagine being Son and Kane. You could playin any team with world class players and yet you end up playing for Conte with 8 donkeys behind you…

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Tactics tonight were to keep it at 0-0 till the 85th minute and then score a dodgy goal from a corner or something. Thank god we didnt go near conte.

DanielofLeyland

Very poor tactical decisions tonight from Conte. Dominated from about the tenth minute, never had a foothold in the game but did nothing to change it.

Irrational.

Yes. The results will soon start to match their shit performances. Their football is horrible.
Almost prophetic. They were even worse than Ammonia NH3 FC, and had it not been for an inspired Lloris and shitty ref we would’ve scored a bucketload more.

krazyrobus

I remember falling asleep during LVG matches, they were so bad. I can't imagine how Spurs fans are feeling, and somehow that team is 3rd!

BerryBerryShrew

It's Oleball with Harry and Sonny instead of Rashy and Tony.

The difference is we only usually played like that against the best teams. They play like that every week.
Kulusevski looks like a proper player too. A dangerous front three can mask a lot of flaws.

Someone

Something
Was schooled by ETH tonight. I get being defensive but that doesn't work when you're completely dominated, we could've scored 4 in the first half alone if it weren't for the poor finishing.

I know they're grinding results but I don't think he'll last long with them. They're horrible.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Spurs fans must find him frustrating in big games like this. Those tactics can work in the proper circumstances, but they look so timid. Against sides like Arsenal and United who're trying to build up again it can really provide encouragement when the opposition lets them control the game like that.

Orange Tree

Negative football is fine and all when result is there. Once it goes pear shaped, fans won't have much patience with him.

flappyjay

You can see why he is poor in the ucl. He can't handle teams that are as strong as his or better. He doesn't punch above his weight enough. Good league manager because he gets results from teams he should be beating.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Exactly why we didn't get Conte . Lot of signings with no long term plan , 352 defensive playing style and games like this. Jose make 2.0 in big matches.

Guess, Spurs fans don't care !!

MUnchies

That's why "winning the transfer window" doesn't mean shit. Most on here were losing their mind when Tottenham were signing everyone and their mother. Their signings have been shit so far but people were jealous and wanted us to sign them.

KeanoMagicHat

The tactics were pathetic from Conte tonight, what the hell was that? He gets points over a season but has some odd one-off games where his teams are incredible passive.

Mr. Robot

He’s one of the best in the world but I am glad he’s not managing us.
He’s not one of the best in the world at all. People need to stop peddling this myth. He’s a very good manager, sure. But not best in the world.

Cloud7

Mourinho -> Nuno -> Conte

It's almost enough to feel sorry for Spurs fans, despite two of them being 'big name' managers. They all play shit football.
That is proper trauma inducing stuff. Hopefully they don’t go for Allegri next to continue the defensive nightmare :lol:

KeanoMagicHat

Mourinho -> Nuno -> Conte

It's almost enough to feel sorry for Spurs fans, despite two of them being 'big name' managers. They all play shit football.
All to get rid of Pochettino too, who was their best manager of the Premier League era.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
It was wild how many people wanted him last year, had we not suffered enough? Good manager but the football he plays makes me miserable.

He was used as a stick to beat us with by the media, and a lot of people bought into it.

Ludens the Red

To be fair to them they weren’t like this in the last few months of last season. They actually played some good stuff. They’re massively missing Kulusevski though and Son looks a shadow of his former self. That’s two massive attacking players basically non existent at the moment so it’s gonna effect them. Also not sure why he’s picking Perisic over Sessegnon. @balaks can correct me if I’m wrong but Sessegno has looked much more of a threat this season.

Mr. Robot

It was wild how many people wanted him last year,
Because some of our fans see Top 4 as a trophy. As bragging rights. That quick fix is what the modern fan needs to call it a good season.

But we’ve all seen the false dawns before. Conte would have been a terrible choice. We are actually building something now, and without being hindered by a stroppy Italian who insists on playing 3 at the back.

Idxomer

It was wild how many people wanted him last year, had we not suffered enough? Good manager but the football he plays makes me miserable.

He was used as a stick to beat us with by the media, and a lot of people bought into it.
We were desperate, Ole really needed to go and he was the only top manager available.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
To be fair to them they weren’t like this in the last few months of last season. They actually played some good stuff. They’re massively missing Kulusevski though and Son looks a shadow of his former self. That’s two massive attacking players basically non existent at the moment so it’s gonna effect them. Also not sure why he’s picking Perisic over Sessegnon. @balaks can correct me if I’m wrong but Sessegno has looked much more of a threat this season.
Sessegnon has been good yeah and Conte is rotating them a lot. He played Sessegnon Vs Chelsea so I guess he picks who he thinks will do best depending on the opposition.

Chief123

The 3 toughest teams they’ve come up against in Arsenal, Chelsea and Utd….they’ve been battered in all 3 of them. They somehow stole a draw at Chelsea after being dominated all game. They’ll take a few more batterings from the better teams with the way Conte plays.

GoonerInPeace

Supports
Arsenal
Kind of over being told Conte is this great brilliant manager.

I prefer Arteta every day of the week

BooloBiibshe

Why alot of people asking how Tottenham are in third position or even insulting Conte like he just started yesterday to manage a football team. We need to be humble because we act like idiots when we win. If we don't get a good result next game people will say that we are the worst team in the league.

Tonight the team played a very highly good performance so let's hope it stays this way.

Abraxas

You can't play like that. I don't care if you're home, away, you just can't. Camping on the edge of your box when most teams press so well these days is just asking for trouble. Such a laboured midfield composition and no pace out wide, then bizarre use of the bench.

At the moment he's boxed himself into a Mourinho like predicament where he's very reactive, and it's fine when you nick the result but as soon as you don't the walls come crashing down around you and everything is under question. If he loses two or three games in a row it will get ugly, it always does when there's no tangible progress in a direction of good football.

If a player can put in a shocking performance then a manager can as well and we saw that tonight from Conte. He's good enough to sort it out though.