Conte | Spurs Manager

Donaldo

Caf Vigilante
Supports
Arsenal
So Middlesbrough gets Chelsea in FA Cup quarter final.

Perhaps, Conte wanted to avoid his 4th defeat to Chelsea in a season (5th for Tottenham)? :wenger:
Terrible run for Boro, poor guys. Hope they sink Chelsea with a Balogun hattrick.

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
Why is he getting slated?

They are doing quite well since he joined.
Lost at home to Southampton and Wolves I think was the main issue. Which I feel is mostly to do with his bench options, Winks is horribly average and Sanchez is a clown of a defender. Both have been at Spurs forever and never really improved, should have been moved on a while ago. Both are only really useful playing in the conference league to give actual players a rest, because that is about their level. And he has had to rely on them both because of injuries.

I will give Royal the benefit of the doubt as new club, culture, language, coach, league, etc.

Conte needs to be given the go ahead to do a serious clear out, think that has started with shipping off Taraabt v2.0(Ndombele), Alli, Lo Celso and Gil.

MattJ166

Inter are on pace to finish with 80-81 points, which is 10 points less than last season. They are currently third and if they win their game in hand they'll be 1 point clear at the top of the table. Not really something to brag about IMO.
I mean sitting two points off the top of the league with a game in hand after losing about 180m worth of players is definitely something to brag about, I'm not sure why you think it wouldn't be? For reference we finished second and spent 140m and currently sit 5th, 1 point behind the 4th placed team who happens to have 3 games in hand over us.

acnumber9

Because he was getting slated before that win tonight took them from being sixth in that table. He’s also oversaw them getting knocked out of the FA Cup by a lower league team. He has also been constantly crying in the media about how hard it’s all been. It’s fairly obvious why he’s been getting slated.

allen7

No they’re not.

And today was lucky due to a beautiful own goal and a goalkeeper mistake led to a 2 goal lead within 20 mins and then comfortably played their usual counter attacks.

I’m sure he’ll cry in front of media after we defeat them this saturday.

MattJ166

No they’re not.

And today was lucky due to a beautiful own goal and a goalkeeper mistake led to a 2 goal lead within 20 mins and then comfortably played their usual counter attacks.

I wish I had your optimism, i'm not looking forward to this game at all.

RacingClub

Supports
Racing Club
No they’re not.

Lucky? They destroyed Everton. It probably should have been even more.

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
I wish I had your optimism, i'm not looking forward to this game at all.
You just never know which Spurs side is going to turn up.

The dull, lethargic side that got done by Burnley and Middlesbrough. Or the team that done City away from home and smashed Leeds and Everton.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal

I would actually want to listen from Spurs fans. To me he is doing really well with the players he inherited. 30 points in 16 games is very good.

lsd

The Oracle
If he's available in the summer we should certainly consider him.

He won't put up with any lack of effort from the players

Angry Virginian

Supports
Tottenham
Yeah but will be back him properly that is every Spurs fan's question. We all believe in Conte but we doubt Levy.
I think that the first 11 is almost set for next season except for a starting right wing back and a starting left CB to replace Davies. Maybe we can get a press resistant super CM to compete with Hojbjerg too. Conte will probably demand that we replace the squad players with better options - Sanchez, Royal, Bergwijn, Moura, Winks, etc.

As always, Spurs will concentrate on promising players under 25 with resale value should they not work out.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
I think that the first 11 is almost set for next season except for a starting right wing back and a starting left CB to replace Davies. Maybe we can get a press resistant super CM to compete with Hojbjerg too. Conte will probably demand that we replace the squad players with better options - Sanchez, Royal, Bergwijn, Moura, Winks, etc.

As always, Spurs will concentrate on promising players under 25 with resale value should they not work out.
I think we need more for our starting 11 then you do - we need a top class left sided CB, we need a top class central midfielder to partner Bentancur, we need a striker who can play up with Kane or instead of him if injured and we desperately need a new right wing back. So that is 4 new first team players as a minimum. I doubt we will be able to bring all those in this summer so I would prioritise the central midfielder and right wing back first as we are desperately weak in those areas without good back-up whereas we have at least Tanganga and Sanchez (neither good enough) to backup in CB when required.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC

No.

However, i would have taken him as interim and keane as his assistant to clear the decks of primadonnas.

ArunCph

Supports
Tottenham

There is no way Conte is leaving in summer. Levy has not stood in the way and let players go in Jan, including Dele on a free with options. That happens only if Levy is 100% on board with Conte with view to backing him in summer.

The 2 Jan signings Bentancur & Kulusevski, who Conte wanted, have been hits. Even if Spurs dont get CL end of season, I can see Spurs improving the XI and Squad immensely next season. Conte is one of the highest paid manager - its not like Conte has to go to United to get paid. At United, he would inherit a a squad that he has to trim and reshape again. I am not saying Spurs have better squad - just saying he has already done most of the trimming & reshaping at Spurs - cant see him wasting another year to do the same things.

In Romero,Dier, Bentancur, Kane, Son - he seems to have the core of the team. Kulusevski also look super signing. All he needs now, is a LCB, right wing back and a CM who can dictate play.

As for as United, Ten Hag anyway will be better suited - will be more aligned to what Rangnick will want to do

cyberman

He is putting up with it at Spurs?
we should stay well clear

simplyared

What he's done at Spurs is an incredible achievement. He's totally turned it round and created a bunch of quality fooballers all playing for the badge, putting themselves over the line and playing for one another. He was available and we didn't get him. Can any fecker understand that?

KeanoMagicHat

What he's done at Spurs is an incredible achievement. He's totally turned it round and created a bunch of quality fooballers all playing for the badge, putting themselves over the line and playing for one another. He was available and we didn't get him. Can any fecker understand that?
Seriously? Incredible achievement? They were expected to finish 5th or 6th. They're probably going to finish 5th. They lost the League Cup and the FA Cup. He's lost 5 of their last 11 games in the league. What's incredible about it? I agree he's a good manager and a good appointment. but he's just done an alright job so far.

TenonTen

Supports
Neutral
Yes apparently he wasn't enough of a "nice guy" for the club culture and his style of play wasn't the mythical "United way".

Guy Incognito

He'll crash and burn.

Nero

People acting like he would have done anything with our squad. Our players don't give a feck, countless manager changes has proven that.

They wouldn't suddenly start working for Conte. Opposite in fact, they would turn instantly with his demands.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Seriously? Incredible achievement? They were expected to finish 5th or 6th. They're probably going to finish 5th. They lost the League Cup and the FA Cup. He's lost 5 of their last 11 games in the league. What's incredible about it? I agree he's a good manager and a good appointment. but he's just done an alright job so far.
Get out of here with your facts.

FujiVice

He's a very good manager, doing the best he can with a decent top 6 side. That's it.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
I like him and I think he would've got a tune out of this squad stylistically, also depending he was allowed to dip into the market, but long-term ? not convinced.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
People acting like he would have done anything with our squad. Our players don't give a feck, countless manager changes has proven that.

They wouldn't suddenly start working for Conte. Opposite in fact, they would turn instantly with his demands.
They might have made more of an effort for him than they’ve put in for Ted Lassoo et al. Still doesn’t make him the right long term appointment.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
Seemed to have turned a corner after the poor start. The signing of bentacur and kulsivki has been vital. I remember some fans on here saying that Spurs squad is poor, but obviously that wasn't true. They should be favorite for top four, but their bad start made Arsenal capitalize on that position. The north London derby will be interesting to watch.

Nero

They might have made more of an effort for him than they’ve put in for Ted Lassoo et al. Still doesn’t make him the right long term appointment.
Oh, I'm not defending Conte. I'm glad a feck he isn't here.

SteveCoppellFan

I would have hired him at United just to watch him completely implode watching these United player's downing tools because he's hurt their fragile feelings.

Would have been utter carnage after a few months.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
We are starting to look like a Conte team - we badly need some good recruitment in the summer to get to the level we want to but the two lads we got in the last window have already improved us significantly - a few more players of their quality and we will be a very, very good side.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
Seemed to have turned a corner after the poor start. The signing of bentacur and kulsivki has been vital. I remember some fans on here saying that Spurs squad is poor, but obviously that wasn't true. They should be favorite for top four, but their bad start made Arsenal capitalize on that position. The north London derby will be interesting to watch.
Their squad is better than ours. We have fewer weak points in our best XI (theoretically) but their best players are streets ahead of hours. Especially up front. And I’d take a strong attack over a strong defence any day. Goals win matches.

MUFC OK

Oh, I'm not defending Conte. I'm glad a feck he isn't here.
Can only agree with that if we end up getting Ten Hag. This season has been one of the worst in living memory, and we had plenty to play for when Ralf came in.

Anyone know where we were in relation to Spurs when Ole was sacked?

swynjones

Yeah. cos clearly keeping with the mythical BS of the "united way" is better than appointing a proven winner like Conte.

Sure, Conte might ruffle some feathers. But do you really think our club is in such a great state that feathers dont need ruffling??

Pintu

Get out of here with your facts.
Fake facts. He’s only list 5 since taking over. And definitely not 5 in the last 11. Actually it’s exactly 4 in the last 17. But they got 35 points form that 17 games run. More than us, despite the fact we’ve only lost 2.

The ranking since he took over.