Conte | Spurs Manager

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
Do you honestly believe Conte is even going to be around after 2 more summer transfer windows? History says it’s very unlikely. Already strong links with a return to Juventus.
Nah, he will ask the £20m/year Spurs are offering him and Agnelli will send him a kiss on a postcard. Conte is minding his own business, we are just a thin foil.

marktan

Poor style of football, serious lack of squad rotation.. the warning signs were all there at Inter.

Stadjer

They said that about Schneiderlin at one time. Some players just can’t make the move.
So? Doesnt change the fact that Bissouma was really good last season. Claiming Bissouma has no business playing in the Premier League is ridiculous. He was one of the best at his position last season and Spurs got him fairly cheap. Even if he cant make the step up it (he might very well still make it) was well worth taking the risk for Spurs.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
So we currently don't think we missed a trick not taking him as manager then?
Seems to jump around.

acnumber9

So? Doesnt change the fact that Bissouma was really good last season. Claiming Bissouma has no business playing in the Premier League is ridiculous. He was one of the best at his position last season and Spurs got him fairly cheap. Even if he cant make the step up it (he might very well still make it) was well worth taking the risk for Spurs.
Don’t watch a lot of Brighton so I won’t pretend I did. But he’s never looked above average to me when I have seen him. It was a touch of hyperbole but I doubt he’ll be at Spurs for long.

TheReligion

Abusive
Conte telling the fans they need to be patient and if they don’t want to listen to what he says that’s not his problem.

Blames performances on the schedule, injuries and being at the start of a process.

Thoughts?

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Conte telling the fans they need to be patient and if they don’t want to listen to what he says that’s not his problem.

Blames performances on the schedule, injuries and being at the start of a process.

Thoughts?
I don't disagree with him

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Sounds like he'll be on his way soon. Poch will end up back there. It's inevitable.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
My worry if I was a Spurs fan is where the resources are going to come from for this squad rebuild that Conte desires.

Did the owners not have to put in £150M last year that helped fund the summer spend? Say Spurs lose out on top 4 this year, that's a drop in revenue compared to this season.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
My worry if I was a Spurs fan is where the resources are going to come from for this squad rebuild that Conte desires.

Did the owners not have to put in £150M last year that helped fund the summer spend? Say Spurs lose out on top 4 this year, that's a drop in revenue compared to this season.
We are all hoping to be bought by a Saudi prince at this stage as unfortunately that's what we are up against. It's not a fair playing field but that's how it is.

cyberman

Sounds like he'll be on his way soon. Poch will end up back there. It's inevitable.
What’s the point t? The bird seems determined to bring in defensive managers for this squad and the same cycle happens time and time again since Pochettinos last season.
Get him in, shit football but weird United fans claim you can play that way with those two up top because they can score v everyone, starts to tail off because players don’t want to defend FBs for an entire season then the manager gets fired. Rinse and repeat

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
We are all hoping to be bought by a Saudi prince at this stage as unfortunately that's what we are up against. It's not a fair playing field but that's how it is.
Like us, you made the decision for the long term good to build the stadium that might cause some short term difficulties with regards budgets. If you sell the naming rights that will provide a boost.

Zoo

He will go back to Juve and Poch will return to Spurs.

Abraxas

There's not much wrong with the results. What can be expected from this Spurs squad, really? They're a team that on a good day can finish top 4 but might not and it shouldn't really be a crime not to. They have some huge holes in the squad. And that's exactly what Conte is achieving currently.

I just think as a manager you set yourself up to have problems eventually when you play tedious football. The game has changed, fans have no patience whatsoever, they expect to reach targets and play well. I think if you play like that you are going to have to achieve the immediate results and moaning about money, the squad etc isn't going to hold as much water as it would if fans were seeing good football.

He probably wouldn't have worked here for the same reason. The United way and all that. It just wouldn't wash with fans. There would be a huge split created. If Conte could operate in a vacuum, no media spinning narratives and he's given time to build a side in his image he'll probably get there as history says he's a winner but in the real world it probably wouldn't have worked.

dpansheth

I’d imagine they’d be the same crowd crying for Allegri a couple of season ago.
few of us evaluate Poch diff as well, but I think the comment above about Mou, Conte & Simeone cut from the same cloth is so true. I'd add Poch (reluctantly) to that list as well.
The current progressive style seems to be high press, quick feet & possession recovery.