Conte vs Rodgers

Who’s your pick between these two?

• Conte

Votes: 132 86.3%
  • Rodgers

Votes: 21 13.7%

• Total voters

KingCavani

Would prefer Rodgers from those two. Think he has a pretty impressive track record, builds teams well and makes them play attractive football. I'd be very concerned about Conte dismantling the positive progress we've made in terms of rebuilding the club culture.
And nonsense like this is why the club is a ruin.

Fahad Jawaid

The same Rodgers who has shown himself to buckle under pressure each season. First with Liverpool when they blew the league title, then with Leicester for two consecutive seasons first got overtaken by Manutd with a 12 point advantage, and similarly get overtaken by Liverpool with a huge points advantage.

It would be just like Manutd to replace a bottler (i.e.Ole who blew Europa League Semi Final against Sevilla, Europa League final against Villareal and CPL group stage against Basiktes and Leipzig) and get Rodgers.

estel_manutd

Conte teams don't play on the front foot. One only needs to look at Conte's Chelsea vs. us in the FA cup final. Or this: https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/43282199

Rodgers has his teams play more expansive football. This doesn't mean Rodgers is the right manager for United. It's just something to consider.

Nytram Shakes

cannot lust
As much as I don’t really like the idea of hiring an ex Liverpool manger I think Brendan is more what we need. We had so much young attacking talent that really don’t know how to function as a unit. We need a manager who will train as an attacking unit. Rodgers is no Klopp or Pep or even a Poch but he would do that.

For me Conte is just another Mourinho, he will come in, demand more money than the club can afford on players fall out with half of them, play some pretty diar defensive football, then leave when the club won’t continue bank roll another massive spending spree and leave a dysfunctional squad. Yes he may win a trophy but the mess, the drama and the football arn’t worth it.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Not a fan of either.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
If they want a proven English manager go for Potter ffs. Not Rodgers.

RetroStu

I'd pick Ridgers, simply because he would have us playing nice football, and i want to enjoy watching us for a change.

ShinjiNinja26

They say they want a premier league proven manager but surely there’s no one more proven than a guy that’s actually won the damn thing, i.e Conte?

432JuanMata

Will I tell you how good Rodgers is ? Most are saying he is flopping this season and bottled top 4 last 2 seasons but the fact that Leicester are consistently challenging top 4 is an achievement as their budget isn’t near the big boys.

When they won the league they went from a mid table side to champions then back to mid table. It was a one off season. Rodgers made them a top 6 side that this season is considered him failing yet it’s their real level. He also has a FA Cup beating us and Chelsea. Not saying I’ll take him but he has done well at Leicester

Flytan

The fact some of you are brainwashed to think it's even close scares me.

Like Brendan is a good manager, corny as hell, but a good manager. Conte is elite. Miles ahead of him.

hobbers

Anyone going for Rodgers is wildly deluded.

Can't wait for next season if Spurs get Conte and we turn to Brentan. And they finish above us.

estel_manutd

It also doesn’t make Conte another Jose.

Seriously, that comparison is lazy and debunked.
I am not saying it does. My point was the stat that Conte's Chelsea scored 85 goals in a season doesn't prove that his teams play expansive football.

If we appoint Conte, are we more likely to win trophies than if we stick with Ole or appoint Brendan? Probably. The relevant question is whether you would be happy to see United sit back deep in the very big games - against our rivals and in semi-finals and finals of cup competitions!? I don't think I would be very happy.

Carolina Red

Staff
I am not saying it does. My point was the stat that Conte's Chelsea scored 85 goals in a season doesn't prove that his teams play expansive football.

If we appoint Conte, are we more likely to win trophies than if we stick with Ole or appoint Brendan? Probably. The relevant question is whether you would be happy to see United sit back deep in the very big games - against our rivals and in semi-finals and finals of cup competitions!? I don't think I would be very happy.
I don’t care where we sit if it results in winning those games.

hobbers

Not a Leicester fan out there who would shed a tear if Rodgers left. Many would be delighted.

Tells you all you need to know.

ThatsGreat

Supports
Arsenal
Not a Leicester fan out there who would shed a tear if Rodgers left. Many would be delighted.

Tells you all you need to know.
Yeah, because fans always know whats best for their club.

reelworld

Both have their strength and weakness. Imagine if you can combine the best of Antonio Conte and the best of Brendan Rodgers, you'd get Antonio Conte

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
I swear the caf

Ole vs.Pep
Ole vs. SAF

Between Rodgers and Conte is not even a contest. When a manager never won anything it's probably because they're not as good the one who wont multiple accolades

troylocker

Hard no! to both alternatives.

- Conte has worn out every club he's been at. Despite some impressive trophies on his CV. No thanks!

- There is nothing on Rodgers CV that suggests he's the man to lead a big club to glory.

Mcking

The only reason majority would favour Erik Ten Hag and Graham Potter over Brendan Rodgers is because Rodgers was a Liverpool manager, and has been around for a while, so doesn't have the excitement of the unknown that would come with Ten Hag and Potter.

Has little to do with their respective 'managerial capability' or achievement of which Rodgers arguably matches both. Many wouldn't want to admit it though.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
The only reason majority would favour Erik Ten Hag and Graham Potter over Brendan Rodgers is because Rodgers was a Liverpool manager, and has been around for a while, so doesn't have the excitement of the unknown that would come with Ten Hag and Potter.

Has little to do with their respective 'managerial capability' or achievement of which Rodgers arguably matches both. Many wouldn't want to admit it though.
Let's make a dumb controversial statement and then add "many wouldn't want to admit" tag.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Didn't Rodgers score over 100 with Liverpool one season? I'll have some of that.

Mcking

Let's make a dumb controversial statement and then add "many wouldn't want to admit" tag.
It is true. Potter would probably do better than Rodgers in a poll against Conte and I doubt many would make a better argument for Potter over Rodgers apart from Rodgers being an ex-Liverpool manager and Potter being relatively unknown. Same with Ten Hag to an extent.