Who’s your pick between these two?

• Conte

Votes: 132 86.3%
  • Rodgers

Votes: 21 13.7%

• Total voters

lsd

The Oracle
This is kind of like asking which is better ? The Wire or Postman Pat ?

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
The fact that we want a bottler who plays pretty football over a winner who plays efficient football, shows everything that is rotten at this club. We really have turned into the new Arsenal.
Rodgers is also winner, won shit loads of trophies at Celtic and FA Cup with Leicester.

Tuchel was also 'not winner' just couple of years ago.

the_cliff

Yes, I'd rather have Conte than Rodgers but the state of people in this forum not wanting Rodgers when they were happy with Ole for 3 years. Rodgers is a big upgrade on Ole a world class manager that always has Leicester playing attractive football. Yes, he's bottled top 4 a few times, but his squad depth and investment at Leicester is nowhere near the top teams, the fact that's he's constantly in the race for top 4 is a credit in itself. He also won the FA cup last year in case you guys forgot which is more than what Ole managed.

Redfrog

Would prefer Rodgers from those two. Think he has a pretty impressive track record, builds teams well and makes them play attractive football. I'd be very concerned about Conte dismantling the positive progress we've made in terms of rebuilding the club culture.
Winning is pretty bad culture : that’s Conte culture.
Now, our club culture doesn’t include that apparently…
No wonder we will stay without the title for many years still..

mu4c_20le

Yes, I'd rather have Conte than Rodgers but the state of people in this forum not wanting Rodgers when they were happy with Ole for 3 years. Rodgers is a big upgrade on Ole a world class manager that always has Leicester playing attractive football. Yes, he's bottled top 4 a few times, but his squad depth and investment at Leicester is nowhere near the top teams, the fact that's he's constantly in the race for top 4 is a credit in itself. He also won the FA cup last year in case you guys forgot which is more than what Ole managed.
Neither of that is true. They have their share of poor games and he is known for making very questionable decisions. Leicester fans have called for his head a few times this season aleady and it isn't the first time.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Rodgers is also winner, won shit loads of trophies at Celtic and FA Cup with Leicester.

Tuchel was also 'not winner' just couple of years ago.
Ole could win trophies with Celtic. I’d be interested to see if he could still do it now they’ve actually got some competition in Gerrard’s rangers.

the_cliff

Neither of that is true. They have their share of poor games and he is known for making very questionable decisions. Leicester fans have called for his head a few times this season aleady and it isn't the first time.
They've been going through an injury crisis this season and I haven't heard about anyone calling for his head tbh, maybe some Leicester fans can shed some light on it. From this thread it's actually quite the opposite of what you're saying.
They seem to be more afraid that Barca/City/United are going to poach him from them by the looks of things.
https://www.foxestalk.co.uk/topic/125376-brendan-rodgers/page/202/#comments

Highfather_24

Whats rotten is the idea it has to be either/or, it sure isn't at City and Liverpool, I don't want either of these 2.
Its either/or only because we are comparing these two. Someone like Enrique would bring both, but he's not available. If you know another manager who has a better CV than Conte, plays attacking football, and is available, do let me know.

But what is rotten, is when we have to choose between these two, we are prioritising pretty football and being a yes man, over being a winner. Typical Arsenal bullshit.

mu4c_20le

They've been going through an injury crisis this season and I haven't heard about anyone calling for his head tbh, maybe some Leicester fans can shed some light on it. From this thread it's actually quite the opposite of what you're saying.
They seem to be more afraid that Barca/City/United are going to poach him from them by the looks of things.
https://www.foxestalk.co.uk/topic/125376-brendan-rodgers/page/202/#comments
I'm aware of their situation this season, but the poor performances were also there last year. As for that thread, you only need to go a month back:

https://www.foxestalk.co.uk/topic/125376-brendan-rodgers/page/124/#comments

Gurtej

Conte any day…. It’s time we start treating our football club as serious and move ahead with times….

Don’t let 2nd place last year blind your eyes…. Pool and Chelsea were bad…..

I am 100000% sure we don’t win anything under Ole or Rodgers…..

Conte or a proven winner is desperately needed for our club….. hopefully we can manage his tantrums

Highfather_24

Its insane to me we have a world class coach available to take charge of a world class team, and we are saying no.

AshRK

Why is rodgers even being entertained? Why are we after a certified bottler is beyond me.

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
Annoys me how willing people are to take in a former Liverpool manager.

Don't want either.

Redfrog

Board choosing Rodgers over Conte would be like admitting we’re afraid of actually winning important trophies again. After all, they gave a new deal to the guy who said trophies are for egos mostly.
Ole was right, trophies are for egos. When SAF was here, we were arrogant…not anymore…

Devil may care

Its either/or only because we are comparing these two. Someone like Enrique would bring both, but he's not available. If you know another manager who has a better CV than Conte, plays attacking football, and is available, do let me know.

But what is rotten, is when we have to choose between these two, we are prioritising pretty football and being a yes man, over being a winner. Typical Arsenal bullshit.
I'd get in an experienced interim and wait to see if we can get Ten Hag in the summer, CV's are worthless at this point, we've tried all angles since Fergie and nothing has really worked. As far as what's rotten goes, I can’t get into the mentality of winning at all costs, basically the Jose way, sitting through atrocious, negative football in the vague possibility that Conte can grind his way to a title against 2 superior managers who play great football.

Redfrog

I'd get in an experienced interim and wait to see if we can get Ten Hag in the summer, CV's are worthless at this point, we've tried all angles since Fergie and nothing has really worked. As far as what's rotten goes, I can’t get into the mentality of winning at all costs, basically the Jose way, sitting through atrocious, negative football in the vague possibility that Conte can grind his way to a title against 2 superior managers who play great football.
Cv are worthless ?
And no we haven’t tried a manager like Conte. We tried two passed it managers. Can’t you see the difference ?

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Ole could win trophies with Celtic. I’d be interested to see if he could still do it now they’ve actually got some competition in Gerrard’s rangers.
So winner or loser depends on which club they manage but somehow Rodgers is a loser because he didn't win big trophies with Leicester.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
So winner or loser depends on which club they manage but somehow Rodgers is a loser because he didn't win big trophies with Leicester.
I never said he was a loser though? He won the FA cup with Leicester.

Wilt

Liverpool would piss themselves laughing if we signed Rodgers.

ConteIsLife

RodgersIsLife was taken
On absolutely no level is he a world class manager.

Highfather_24

What a stupid thing to say. We havent had an elite manager in his prime since SAF retired. Conte is one of those rare ones.

Ten Hag is a big risk. Its a big jump from Ajax to United. And also, Conte's football is nothing like Mourinho's. Conte drills patterns of play, and his teams are very tactically strong. Solid in defence, and efficient in attack. Scores a lots of goals as well, his Chelsea title winning team scored more goals than ALL SAF title winning teams bar two. Pep called him the best tactician in the world.

Conte is the best man for the job at the moment. We need a world class manager like him.

PieCrust

Rodgers isn't even close to Conte's level. The board is scared of Conte because he will hold them accountable.

Devil may care

Cv are worthless ?
And no we haven’t tried a manager like Conte. We tried two passed it managers. Can’t you see the difference ?
What a stupid thing to say. We havent had an elite manager in his prime since SAF retired. Conte is one of those rare ones.

Ten Hag is a big risk. Its a big jump from Ajax to United. And also, Conte's football is nothing like Mourinho's. Conte drills patterns of play, and his teams are very tactically strong. Solid in defence, and efficient in attack. Scores a lots of goals as well, his Chelsea title winning team scored more goals than ALL SAF title winning teams bar two. Pep called him the best tactician in the world.

Conte is the best man for the job at the moment. We need a world class manager like him.
Both of you have such hard on for Conte you're just making shit up, Jose won the PL in the 14/15 season and started managing us a year later, but yeah, he was past it then. I've never said Conte wasn't tactically strong or that his teams weren't drilled, i said they are negative and boring to watch, I don't give a feck how many goals his side scored, Jose's Real Madrid had a great goal scoring record as well but weren't great to watch. So many United fans right now would be shoveled shite football every week in the desperate hope that he'll somehow topple Pep and Klopp, I'm not.

Last edited:

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
This is kind of like asking which is better ? The Wire or Postman Pat ?
Not a fair comparison. One has the most iconic multifaceted character to ever exist and the other is The Wire.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
If all the people that said they’d give up promised to follow through with their promise I’d accept Brendan

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Which big team did he build? At Liverpool he had Suarez having arguably the best individual Premier League season. He was sensational that year. At Leicester the recruitment team have built the side. They’re arguably the league’s best recruitment team. Brendan is good but he’s millions of miles behind Conte.
Brendan would probably still be with Liverpool and Klopp would be elsewhere if it not for 1 slip. Think about that

Redfrog

Both of you have such hard on for Conte you're just making shit up, Jose won the PL in the 14/15 season and started managing us a year later, but yeah, he was past it then. I've never said Conte wasn't tactically strong or that his teams weren't drilled, i said they are negative and boring to watch, I don't give a feck how many goals his side scored, Jose's Real Madrid had a great goal scoring record as well but weren't great to watch. So nany United fans right now would be shoveled shite football every week in the desperate hope that he'll somehow topple Pep and Klopp, I'm not.
Have you seen us play football ? Anything will be better then the crap we are watching every week. We have no cohesion and we don’t play attacking football.

By the way Leicester are awful as well, don’t see the nice football.

José is awful since he left Madrid, winning the title with Chelsea was his last hurray, so past it indeed.

You can say whatever you want but I want this club to win and Conte is the best bet actually.
All the promises of attacking football and the United way are bullsh*t as long as it’s empty words. We have had 3 years of United way where we won nothing while playing crap and without cohesion and spending half a billion on the process.

essao

Rodgers is a poor man's Conte.Conte is the man to get man united on track again.It is astonishing that the board is hesitant about hiring him.

Last edited:

Devil may care

Have you seen us play football ? Anything will be better then the crap we are watching every week. We have no cohesion and we don’t play attacking football.

By the way Leicester are awful as well, don’t see the nice football.

José is awful since he left Madrid, winning the title with Chelsea was his last hurray, so past it indeed.

You can say whatever you want but I want this club to win and Conte is the best bet actually.
All the promises of attacking football and the United way are bullsh*t as long as it’s empty words. We have had 3 years of United way where we won nothing while playing crap and without cohesion and spending half a billion on the process.
If you check back I clearly said I don't want Rodgers either, and I am well aware that Ole needs to go and the football is crap under him, but the answer to that isn't any port in a storm in my view. It's got nothing to do with the United way either, I am sick of seeing Liverpool and City winning while playing great football, i am not interested in some possible challenge where you might as well just follow the score on your phone as the football is boring, cautious and defensive driven, if you are then fine,

Redfrog

If you check back I clearly said I don't want Rodgers either, and I am well aware that Ole needs to go and the football is crap under him, but the answer to that isn't any port in a storm in my view. It's got nothing to do with the United way either, I am sick of seeing Liverpool and City winning while playing great football, i am not interested in some possible challenge where you might as well just follow the score on your phone as the football is boring, cautious and defensive driven, if you are then fine,
Ok, fair enough, but I don’t think Conte’s football is that bad. He is no Pep or Klopp, but no one is actually.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
The one that's won a league title with three different clubs.

lsd

The Oracle
Brendan would probably still be with Liverpool and Klopp would be elsewhere if it not for 1 slip. Think about that

So if Gerrard hadn't slipped klopp would be United manager and have led us to Premiership titles and the Champions League?

That's going to make laughing at that slip again bittersweet

Rolaholic

Conte without a doubt, rodgers is good but just a little put off by having a former Scouser manager at the helm