• Conte

Votes: 132 86.3%
  • Rodgers

Votes: 21 13.7%

• Total voters

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
It is true. Potter would probably do better than Rodgers in a poll against Conte and I doubt many would make a better argument for Potter over Rodgers apart from Rodgers being an ex-Liverpool manager and Potter being relatively unknown. Same with Ten Hag to an extent.
Same with ten hag? Why don't you just say you have no clue about a manager? Have you seen how how Ajax team plays even against strong opponents in CL? Did you see how his team made Semi finals of CL and mins away from finals beating teams like Madrid, Juve. Did you see his team results in CL vs strong opponents?

Also if you want to know the results, why don't you open a thread? Conte vs Potter should be a nail biter.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
The only reason majority would favour Erik Ten Hag and Graham Potter over Brendan Rodgers is because Rodgers was a Liverpool manager, and has been around for a while, so doesn't have the excitement of the unknown that would come with Ten Hag and Potter.

Has little to do with their respective 'managerial capability' or achievement of which Rodgers arguably matches both. Many wouldn't want to admit it though.
You're talking rubbish.

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
The only reason majority would favour Erik Ten Hag and Graham Potter over Brendan Rodgers is because Rodgers was a Liverpool manager, and has been around for a while, so doesn't have the excitement of the unknown that would come with Ten Hag and Potter.

Has little to do with their respective 'managerial capability' or achievement of which Rodgers arguably matches both. Many wouldn't want to admit it though.
We are lucky to have you here to tell us why we think the way we do! :)

Mcking

Same with ten hag? Why don't you just say you have no clue about a manager? Have you seen how how Ajax team plays even against strong opponents in CL? Did you see how his team made Semi finals of CL and mins away from finals beating teams like Madrid, Juve. Did you see his team results in CL vs strong opponents?

Also if you want to know the results, why don't you open a thread? Conte vs Potter should be a nail biter.
No, thanks. I have seen polls involving potential moves to United for Potter, Ten Hag, and Rodgers.

I have watched Ajax under Ten Hag more than enough to know they are good, and Brighton under Potter more than enough to know they are not a bad team. Rodgers has been there for a while, so I don't need to be educated on his achievements.

Rodgers has won titles in below 'A tier' leagues, he's gotten his team to play well and beat strong opponents, he has come within minutes of a fantastic achievement that could be compared favourably with reaching a Champions League final, and he's gotten his players to play admirable brands of football across different teams.

I don't think there is no element of truth in saying that one reason he gets gross negative reviews when mentioned as a potential Manchester United manager compared to Potter, and Ten Hag to an extent is because he was a Liverpool manager and has been around for a while.

roonster09

Scout
No, thanks. I have seen polls involving potential moves to United for Potter, Ten Hag, and Rodgers.

I have watched Ajax under Ten Hag more than enough to know they are good, and Brighton under Potter more than enough to know they are not a bad team. Rodgers has been there for a while, so I don't need to be educated on his achievements.

Rodgers has won titles in below 'A tier' leagues, he's gotten his team to play well and beat strong opponents, he has come within minutes of a fantastic achievement that could be compared favourably with reaching a Champions League final, and he's gotten his players to play admirable brands of football across different teams.

I don't think there is no element of truth in saying that one reason he gets gross negative reviews when mentioned as a potential Manchester United manager compared to Potter, and Ten Hag to an extent is because he was a Liverpool manager and has been around for a while.
And then you had fans of the teams he managed wanted him gone. Liverpool fans were happy for him to be sacked, Leicester fans criticized Rodgers for not making top 4 (wanted him to be sacked) and how he managed in last couple of seasons. Then FA cup changed the way he was rated.

Ofcourse there is some truth in the statement that Rodgers isn't wanted because he was Liverpool manager, that doesn't mean " The only reason majority would favour Erik Ten Hag and Graham Potter over Brendan Rodgers is because Rodgers was a Liverpool manager, " isn't nonsense. There are more reasons for why many don't want Rodgers as ManUtd manager, especially when you have coaches like ten Hag who are realistic option.

Ten Hag is at different level compared to Rodgers.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I couldn't care less if Rodgers was the Liverpool Manager and would support him if he was appointed our Manager. But did he do anything special at Swansea to deserve the Liverpool job? I'd say, no. Has Potter shown more than Rodgers before Rodgers got the Liverpool job, I'd say, yes. Potter joined a Ostersund team in 2010, that was playing in the Swedish 4th tier and got them successive promotions and they eventually made it to the top flight where Potter won a domestic Cup and got the team into the Europa league group stages whilst being under financial constraints. And he did all that whilst successfully implementing a brand of football that was described as being superb to watch.

Mcking

And then you had fans of the teams he managed wanted him gone. Liverpool fans were happy for him to be sacked, Leicester fans criticized Rodgers for not making top 4 (wanted him to be sacked) and how he managed in last couple of seasons. Then FA cup changed the way he was rated.

Ofcourse there is some truth in the statement that Rodgers isn't wanted because he was Liverpool manager, that doesn't mean " The only reason majority would favour Erik Ten Hag and Graham Potter over Brendan Rodgers is because Rodgers was a Liverpool manager, " isn't nonsense. There are more reasons for why many don't want Rodgers as ManUtd manager, especially when you have coaches like ten Hag who are realistic option.

Ten Hag is at different level compared to Rodgers.
Errm, I didn't say it is the only reason everyone would favour Ten Hag and Potter over Rodgers.

I mentioned majority for a reason, I also said because he has been around for a while, and I've rephrased more than a few times since that line, but hey ho.

Ten Hag's biggest selling points are also Rodger's, so difficult to see the reason for the overwhelming negative reviews for Rodgers compared to Ten Hag for example, just that the latter hasn't had as much exposure to the Premier League as Rodgers. The fact I mentioned Potter as well seems to be lost in it all too.

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
I dont know if Potter is good enough, but I do know that Rodgers is not.

Even if Rodgers has coached better teams than Potter, he has never coached a team as well coached as Potter’s Brighton. This is what it comes down to.

A typical Rodgers team lack balance and structure. They dont press well and they dont defend well in a low block either. People keep saying they play good, attacking football, but I’m not convinced that is the case. Leicester fans dont seem to agree. Their buildup is quite slow and transition is unimpressive.

In my opinion, a Rodgers team is less impressive than a Moyes team. But despite all the hate he get, Rodgers seem like a popular manager among his players. That is probably his biggest strength. They like him and listen to him. Even the big stars.

roonster09

Scout
Errm, I didn't say it is the only reason everyone would favour Ten Hag and Potter over Rodgers.

I mentioned majority for a reason, I also said because he has been around for a while, and I've rephrased more than a few times since that line, but hey ho.

Ten Hag's biggest selling points are also Rodger's, so difficult to see the reason for the overwhelming negative reviews for Rodgers compared to Ten Hag for example, just that the latter hasn't had as much exposure to the Premier League as Rodgers. The fact I mentioned Potter as well seems to be lost in it all too.
Potter is a different case, he has managed the team that was celebrating relegation survival, now he has changed the club completely. They play football that dominated even Liverpool at Anfield. He is still a unknown as we don't know how he can make that step up. People are impressed with how quickly he transformed Brighton.

Ten Hag's biggest selling point are also Rodgers? When did Rodgers reach SF for CL? Even the brand of football they (ajax) play is few levels higher than what Leicester play.

You didn't say only reason?