Cop in America doing a bad job, again

choiboyx012

Carrick>Hargreaves
This happens far too often, something really rotten to the core. I'm guessing these murderers won't see any jail time for this?
It isn’t very common, but it happens, and they should. The evidence is clear to see for all. Most of my colleagues and other officers I’ve talked to are disgusted by it and angry.

choiboyx012

Carrick>Hargreaves
We had a cop on this forum who referred to people he had arrested or knew had been dealt with as oxygen thieves or wastes of space or something. A couple of posters expressed concern at his dehumanising comments and I think this case shows why. A cop who doesn't see the man he's arrested as a citizen who is entitled to due process. Instead he decides he can do whatever he likes behind colour of authority and he just doesn't treat him as human at all.

America is a sick country.
Think this is me you’re referring to. And you’re absolutely wrong and completely out of context, but carry on how you see fit sir

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
Think this is me you’re referring to. And you’re absolutely wrong and completely out of context, but carry on how you see fit sir

I don't think so. Even the worst criminal is entitled to due process under your system. It's not the job of police to decide who lives and who dies and that enforcing street justice is acceptable.

That's not to say it isn't an extremely difficult job, but you can blame that on the system and society.

choiboyx012

Carrick>Hargreaves
I don't think so. Even the worst criminal is entitled to due process under your system. It's not the job of police to decide who lives and who dies and that enforcing street justice is acceptable.

That's not to say it isn't an extremely difficult job, but you can blame that on the system and society.
And I don’t think I’ve said otherwise.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
It isn’t very common, but it happens, and they should. The evidence is clear to see for all. Most of my colleagues and other officers I’ve talked to are disgusted by it and angry.
Incidents like this seems to happen all the time, whether it's killing civilans, tazing them, choking or just giving people a good hiding for no good reason , you might say the country is big, but it doesn't matter something like this shouldn't happen full stop.

As for getting away with it, let's hope this doesn't happen again:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/world-us-canada-48969432

Last edited:

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City

US Police exist to maintain a racial hierarchy and protect white privilege. It’s disturbingly obvious.

2mufc0

Supports
Dragon of Dojima

US Police exist to maintain a racial hierarchy and protect white privilege. It’s disturbingly obvious.
What manual are these cretins following?

On a side note, how is the guy with the beer gut a police officer? Surely you must have some degree of fitness.

choiboyx012

Carrick>Hargreaves
Do you think it's common for police to feel that they can be rough when arresting suspects without fear of sanction and that many are?
We would have to define what rough is, but unfortunately yes it’s somewhat common. There are those beefhead types that get on the job and can’t wait to rough someone up. Most people, thankfully, don’t go looking for it but are willing to use force when necessary and appropriate, and nothing more than that.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Ive seen the video and its not even manslaughter that police officer killed the man and it's all on film. Surely theres No way out for that cnut he should be up on murder charges.

I honestly cant believe how thick the majority of american cops are.

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
When the guy is begging for his life and to at least relieve the pressure on his neck, that evil, evil, sick and twisted individual rolled his knee even harder over his neck. Makes me sick with rage to my stomach. I hope he gets life in jail.

choiboyx012

Carrick>Hargreaves
Incidents like this seems to happen all the time, whether it's killing civilans, tazing them, choking or just giving people a good hiding for no good reason , you might say the country is big, but it doesn't matter something like this shouldn't happen full stop.

As for getting away with it, let's hope this doesn't happen again:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/world-us-canada-48969432
Using force is part of the job. And because it’s being carried out by humans, there will always be errors. The goal is to minimize the unjustified, excessive, and unlawful uses of force. How? I don’t have all the answers but I think policy changes, more regular training, and accountability are key. They shouldn’t get away with it, and should be punished accordingly.

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
fecking cnuts pushing the old lady down :mad: these feckers want the race war, it's been their m.o since the civil rights movement.
Exactly, I was going to say as an institution it’s not fit for purpose but then I realised it’s actually extremely good at what’s it’s supposed to do: make sure black people know their place.

GiddyUp

Using force is part of the job. And because it’s being carried out by humans, there will always be errors. The goal is to minimize the unjustified, excessive, and unlawful uses of force. How? I don’t have all the answers but I think policy changes, more regular training, and accountability are key. They shouldn’t get away with it, and should be punished accordingly.
What would you have done if you were one of those officers standing there witnessing that?

choiboyx012

Carrick>Hargreaves
What would you have done if you were one of those officers standing there witnessing that?
Tell the partner to get off his neck because he can’t breathe. Relieve him and tell him that i got it from here, go get the car ready to put the arrestee in. As long as he’s not combative, sit the man up or roll over into the recovery position and make sure he’s conscious and talking. Then put him in the car and wait for ambulance or supervisor to arrive on scene if necessary to avoid the public shit-show with the bystanders.

I’ve responded to many uses of force involving my colleagues. I’ve noticed that often times cooler heads are needed at these incidents and the officer who just got into a fight with someone will likely still have high adrenaline and tunnel vision, and should be removed from the arrestee to cool off.

2mufc0

Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Well, I'm not surprised. You could tell from his face during the incident he was getting some sick satisfaction out of the whole thing.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Community organizers influenced the passing of a local law that held that officers could be fired if they did not stop their colleagues from using unlawful force. This is why the officers involved (not just the cnut kneeling on the neck) have all been fired.

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
Community organizers influenced the passing of a local law that held that officers could be fired if they did not stop their colleagues from using unlawful force. This is why the officers involved (not just the cnut kneeling on the neck) have all been fired.

Foxbatt

It had got too common to be a few bad apples. This doesn't happen in other countries like in America. You normally don't get the British police murdering people black or otherwise.

RedDevil@84

Any other citizen would be held behind bars without bail.
PD has a history of delaying everything from their end so as to allow the culprit officers to contact lawyers, build narrative and make their case strong.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
And let us not demoralize the police force by publicizing this.
IDK if you know this, but after the Srikrishna commission found many cops guilty of murder during the 92/93 riots in Mumbai, a common reason given by the govt for no prosecutions was that it would demoralise the police.

2mufc0

Supports
Dragon of Dojima
The mayor has been pretty good so far.

4bars

Supports
Barcelona
Just to think that right now, is the best police force that the US had in their history. Imagine how it was with more endemic racism and less cameras and accountability 10 years ago, imagine 20, 30, 40, 50, etc... years ago even after the Civil rights.

What a shitty country to live when you are black in US. How scared you are when you cross your path with law enforcement, judicial system or simply white "civic" vigilantes

fergies coat

The problem for the police is literally anyone you try to arrest could have a gun. Thats what happens when you live somewhere that has more guns than people. This man was already in handcuffs though so they haven't got that excuse.

Last edited:

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Recruit from the military then equip them like soldiers and it's no surprise that they treat everyone like an enemy.
Couple that with the ammosexual, MMA dork mentality, then toss in the fact that they are often barely crossing the ‘education needed’ barrier, you have the mess in which we find ourselves.