Cop in America doing a bad job, again

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Incidents like this seems to happen all the time, whether it's killing civilans, tazing them, choking or just giving people a good hiding for no good reason , you might say the country is big, but it doesn't matter something like this shouldn't happen full stop.

As for getting away with it, let's hope this doesn't happen again:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/world-us-canada-48969432
How is it possible that this incel can get a pension after what he did, let alone such a high monthly pension for life when he only worked a handful of years? Truly a shame.

Righteous Steps

Whats rotten is the whole system of police recruiting in the states in general.

Go to some random middle of no where town and have a 10 min discussion with a cop your IQ will plummet
It’s not any better in England though, the police force isn’t particularly filled with University Graduates at the lower level, seldom have I bumped into an intelligent police officer.

Ludens the Red

It’s not any better in England though, the police force isn’t particularly filled with University Graduates at the lower level, seldom have I bumped into an intelligent police officer.
More than half of my team I work with are university graduates, a number of whom studied criminology. I myself am a University graduate.
Below is a PC who I work with in the Met Police.

He’s an Oxford graduate and speaks Arabic. There was a significant influx of graduate officers in this new generation of Police. As you know there was a recession a number of years ago which left a lot of people in the 25-35 age group with degrees but no job opportunities, a lot of them decided to take up policing due to the steady nature of the job and the fact you can progress and go into a variety of different fields. (Newsflash policing isn’t just patrol officers in uniform, it’s much much bigger)

But please feel free to continue to make sweeping generalisations in a condescending arseholeish manner because obviously you’ve spoken to and interacted with the majority of police officers in the U.K. and so are able to conclude that most of them lack intelligence.

Last edited:

Righteous Steps

More than half of my team I work with are university graduates, a number of whom studied criminology. I myself am a University graduate.

He’s an Oxford graduate and speaks Arabic. There was a significant influx of graduate officers in this new generation of Police. As you know there was a recession a number of years ago which left a lot of people in the 25-35 age group with degrees but no job opportunities, a lot of them decided to take up policing due to the steady nature of the job and the fact you can progress and go into a variety of different fields. (Newsflash policing isn’t just patrol officers in uniform, it’s much much bigger)

But please feel free to continue to make sweeping generalisations in a condescending arseholeish manner because obviously you’ve spoken to and interacted with the majority of police officers in the U.K. and so are able to conclude that most of them lack intelligence.
Good on you mate, yes I will have no time for Police as an institution generally but I take individual people for what they are. Also I said ‘ seldom have I’ which is my personal experience so I don’t need to talk to the majority of police officers in the country.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
I met some pretty dumb cops on a trip to Netherlands but I think the amount of foot traffic in European cities plays a part into how many eyes there are at any given place. It has to be that. I know NYPD cops have a lot of crap on them but overall they sound at least a little more human.

You go to random small towns that have nothing but fast food joints and a few strip malls and it's like these idiot cops now suddenly thing they run the damn city.

RedDevil@84

The problem for the police is literally anyone you try to arrest could have a gun. Thats what happens when you live somewhere that has more guns than people. This man was already in handcuffs though so they haven't got that excuse.
The cop would have got away if he had shot him. All he had to prove was that there was a momentary danger.

Lj82

Tell the partner to get off his neck because he can’t breathe. Relieve him and tell him that i got it from here, go get the car ready to put the arrestee in. As long as he’s not combative, sit the man up or roll over into the recovery position and make sure he’s conscious and talking. Then put him in the car and wait for ambulance or supervisor to arrive on scene if necessary to avoid the public shit-show with the bystanders.

I’ve responded to many uses of force involving my colleagues. I’ve noticed that often times cooler heads are needed at these incidents and the officer who just got into a fight with someone will likely still have high adrenaline and tunnel vision, and should be removed from the arrestee to cool off.
This sound reasonable.
Would you follow up after the event with a chat or official complain? Genuine question here. Trying to understand the police culture there

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
This is so fecked up. Honestly, its partly a cultural problem, partly a problem with racism, but the "easiest" way imo to fix this is a complete reform of police education in the US. I read that in the US the average length of time to complete police academy is 21 weeks, that's fecking nothing

Being law enforcement is a pretty important job with a lot of responsibility so i just find it baffling how lax the education is in the US. I dont know how good or bad the vetting is in the US (evidently its fecking shit), but i would imagine if the training period was longer it would be easier to sift out the arseholes who are unfit to carry a badge and a gun

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
I could probably post this in any number of threads right now and have it be relevant. The Trump thread, the Karen/bird watching thread. But here might be the best place to illustrate the disconnect in law enforcement in America and what some of the problems are. Just look how different the police treat 'protesters' of different colors.

This is Trump's America:

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
Community organizers influenced the passing of a local law that held that officers could be fired if they did not stop their colleagues from using unlawful force. This is why the officers involved (not just the cnut kneeling on the neck) have all been fired.
There should be mandatory sackings and removal of any pensions etc for any officer that has lied on a police report, plus also mandatory sackings for any officer who knowingly didn't report police misconduct. Then make it so a third party that isn't the police department themselves that make the decision.

America's police system has proven it is corrupt and purely trying to big up it's power, while protecting its own members at all costs.

TheReligion

Abusive
Good on you mate, yes I will have no time for Police as an institution generally but I take individual people for what they are. Also I said ‘ seldom have I’ which is my personal experience so I don’t need to talk to the majority of police officers in the country.
True, although you would be doing yourself a favour if you didn't talk out of your arsehole instead. Just a thought.

choiboyx012

Carrick>Hargreaves
This sound reasonable.
Would you follow up after the event with a chat or official complain? Genuine question here. Trying to understand the police culture there
I wouldn’t have let it get to that point where a complaint from me would be necessary. All parties are usually interviewed by a field supervisor anyway so i would state whatever i saw or did.

choiboyx012

Carrick>Hargreaves
This is so fecked up. Honestly, its partly a cultural problem, partly a problem with racism, but the "easiest" way imo to fix this is a complete reform of police education in the US. I read that in the US the average length of time to complete police academy is 21 weeks, that's fecking nothing

Being law enforcement is a pretty important job with a lot of responsibility so i just find it baffling how lax the education is in the US. I dont know how good or bad the vetting is in the US (evidently its fecking shit), but i would imagine if the training period was longer it would be easier to sift out the arseholes who are unfit to carry a badge and a gun
Neither the application process nor the academy is “lax”. It’s very competitive and intense. Passing the academy is only half the battle. Field training is where you really learn the job in one’s respective department, and that’s another 6 months on average where trainees often wash out.

Is the academy or field training program too short? I don’t know. I didn’t think so when i came through. And I don’t feel that is the biggest issue. What’s needed imo is regular and continuous refresher training. Also, department policy needs to established and adhered to by holding people accountable when they feck up.

Bobcat

I could probably post this in any number of threads right now and have it be relevant. The Trump thread, the Karen/bird watching thread. But here might be the best place to illustrate the disconnect in law enforcement in America and what some of the problems are. Just look how different the police treat 'protesters' of different colors.

This is Trump's America:

Its fecking absurd. Imagine if armed black protesters stormed a state capitol..it would not be pretty. Also consider the cases they are fighting for here. One side is protesting institutional racism and police brutality, another one is outraged because they are asked to wear masks and use common sense to save the lives of their fellow citizens

I dont know why, but i suddenly remember the incident in 2017 when some black people in Chicago kidnapped and abused a mentally disabled white kid while streaming it and saying "Feck Trump". Now that was obviously horrible and pretty fecking stupid, but what stuck with me was the reaction from the right wing.

There was simply no end to the pearl clutching and indignant lamentation from the right. But a black man gets brutally murdered (again) by police? Silence. Wonder if those insufferable cnuts at Fox News will get as upset by this is she is by social distancing? I doubt it

4bars

Supports
Barcelona
I can't imagine any country where a finally has to paint the garage and put a message like that

[

Bobcat

Neither the application process nor the academy is “lax”. It’s very competitive and intense. Passing the academy is only half the battle. Field training is where you really learn the job in one’s respective department, and that’s another 6 months on average where trainees often wash out.

Is the academy or field training program too short? I don’t know. I didn’t think so when i came through. And I don’t feel that is the biggest issue. What’s needed imo is regular and continuous refresher training. Also, department policy needs to established and adhered to by holding people accountable when they feck up.
It is to short. In the UK its minimum 18 months, in Germany 2 years and in Norway its 3 years. Now the obvious solution would be to "get rid of racism" but that is easier said than done. If this was isolated, rare incidents it would not have been such a huge issue, but it happens way to often.

Even assuming the amount of training is sufficient, the type of training needs to change so officers are better equipped to deescalate conflicts instead of going straight to the use of (deadly) force. And the vetting needs to be much better. If you kill someone in cold blood like this recent case, you are obviously not a good fit for the police

Righteous Steps

True, although you would be doing yourself a favour if you didn't talk out of your arsehole instead. Just a thought.
Its an opinion something you couldn’t account for because you haven’t lived my experience! You could do yourself a favour by taking the same advice you gave me, bit I doubt you will!

choiboyx012

Carrick>Hargreaves
It is to short. In the UK its minimum 18 months, in Germany 2 years and in Norway its 3 years. Now the obvious solution would be to "get rid of racism" but that is easier said than done. If this was isolated, rare incidents it would not have been such a huge issue, but it happens way to often.

Even assuming the amount of training is sufficient, the type of training needs to change so officers are better equipped to deescalate conflicts instead of going straight to the use of (deadly) force. And the vetting needs to be much better. If you kill someone in cold blood like this recent case, you are obviously not a good fit for the police
Didn’t know it was that long. It’s a good thing and how it should be really. But I’m assuming those countries have a central, nationalized police force?

Just did a quick google search. So yea it looks like it’s 2-3 years of police university. If so that explains how feasible it is to have a consistent centralized police force and requisite training. Logistically though it just would not work in the US, which is a shame. No city, county, or state can afford to recruit, hire, and send a police recruit to a 2-3 year academy or police university when they need bodies to fill in and hit the streets asap.

Feed Me

I'm hungry

Brilliant post.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser

This is Trump's America:

Its been this way before Trump

Sara125

So apparently the ‘bad cheque’ that he was accused of wasn’t bad at all . So he basically died for no reason (not to say that even if he did forge a cheque it is worth his life but you know what I mean)

Conor

The only way this will stop is if they start giving these police murder sentences. They don't view other people as human beings, the only way to influence their decision making process is through fear for their own lives.

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
Didn’t know it was that long. It’s a good thing and how it should be really. But I’m assuming those countries have a central, nationalized police force?

Just did a quick google search. So yea it looks like it’s 2-3 years of police university. If so that explains how feasible it is to have a consistent centralized police force and requisite training. Logistically though it just would not work in the US, which is a shame. No city, county, or state can afford to recruit, hire, and send a police recruit to a 2-3 year academy or police university when they need bodies to fill in and hit the streets asap.

Of course it's feasible. There just no will to improve or change how it's done.

Cloud7

Courts need to start awarding billions in the wrongful death lawsuits.
The public’s money shouldn’t be used to compensate for these pigs while they get to walk free, and based on what we usually see in America, get hired in another police station. Life sentences or death sentences, permanently barred from ever working law enforcement, loss of pension and being permanently known as a murderer are good places to start.

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
I think the officers themselves should be liable for a percentage of any judgment against them in cases of gross negligence, corruption, abuse of power and the like.

freeurmind

weak willed
The public’s money shouldn’t be used to compensate for these pigs while they get to walk free, and based on what we usually see in America, get hired in another police station. Life sentences or death sentences, permanently barred from ever working law enforcement, loss of pension and being permanently known as a murderer are good places to start.
Well it should definitely be like it is for health professionals, both the institution and the individual should be liable.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
It's so sad. But why is the video not showing anything about the race conditioning? A black man just has to reach for his licence to be shot, whereas a white man can strap four large guns to his body and not be considered a threat to life even if stopped by cops for a minor infraction.

Conditioning: is this a modern day form of black slavery? This isn't just about the police anymore, there's something larger afoot in the USA.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
I think the officers themselves should be liable for a percentage of any judgment against them in cases of gross negligence, corruption, abuse of power and the like.
No politician will ever stand behind this.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
That was chilling to watch.

So nobody in the US has a problem with this guy brainwashing conditioned response army tactics into thousands of police officers?
It is madness. You would think they were sending them out to occupy Fallujah.