Cop in America doing a bad job, again

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
Ahh my bad, didn’t see the links on the states. But they confirm what I already knew in that it’s mostly top brass law enforcement officials going there to learn counter terrorism practices. probably because they’ve dealt with terrorism/active shooter incidents in their respective departments (like we have), or they have a terrorist target (like we do). But I can understand how citizens cities be concerned of their tax dollars paying for these police chiefs/sheriffs to go on these expensive trips.
It’s a bit strange you missed the links though, and dismissed it as poorly written when it’s a perfectly lucid article. And ‘counter-terrorism’ just seems like the most politically justifiable label to put on the links - it doesn’t sound like training is confined solely to that domain and does not carry over any crossover purposes in regular policing.

As for the rest, personally I don’t feel entirely comfortable focusing on Israel’s links to police training in America anyway. US has been brutalising its citizens way before Israel ever existed. Not that it’s not legitimate to draw attention to the links but I’d question the motive of someone treating it as one of the most important issues in police violence in America. It’s a footnote, and a concern for US taxpayers to raise, but that’s all.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Right decision. Never understood how putting your knee and body weight on someone's neck for 9 minutes doesn't show intent to kill.
Victim family's layer said the other officers told the cnut that Floyd didn't have a pulse and he still insisted on kneeling on his neck.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
What happens if they fail to secure a second degree murder conviction? Is it a binary guilty or not guilty situation? Or can he still be convicted of a lesser third degree murder charge?

choiboyx012

Carrick>Hargreaves
What happens if they fail to secure a second degree murder conviction? Is it a binary guilty or not guilty situation? Or can he still be convicted of a lesser third degree murder charge?
Not a lawyer but I believe he can be found "not guilty" for murder, but can be "guilty" for other charges, so long as they meet the elements of the crime, and the DA files for those additional charges.

Abizzz

https://www.sfchronicle.com/crime/a...fies-SF-resident-fatally-shot-by-15315301.php

The man fatally shot by Vallejo police as the city erupted in chaos Tuesday was kneeling outside a Walgreens and not carrying a firearm when an officer opened fire — sending five bullets through his own windshield.

Sean Monterrosa, 22, of San Francisco died after the shooting at around 12:30 a.m. Tuesday, but police did not tell the public the man was killed — or disclose the circumstances of the shooting — until Wednesday at a news conference outside City Hall, a day after calling in 50 troops from the National Guard to help control protests and rioting sparked by the Minnesota police killing of George Floyd.

entropy

Last edited:

AFC NimbleThumb

Took her about 5 seconds till the bullshit started... “I’ve been sitting on how I feel about the George Floyd situation for a few weeks now”

She got a time machine?
:lol:

Edit: Her eyes are suspiciously too far apart for my liking. Before the All Eyes Matter brigade start, I don’t care; she’s shifty.

Last edited:

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
“I’ve been sitting on how I feel about the George Floyd situation for a few weeks now”
Yeah, 'cos the world's been waiting with f*cking bated breath for your unique wisdom and perspective.

caid

What is her deal?
Grifter?
Self-hate?
Self-racist?
Mentally unstable?
All of the above?
She likes the attention and is incapable of feeling empathy was my impression. She doesn't assoicate herself with other black people, if someone called her a racial slur she'd be angry at her 'race' for giving her a bad name.

arnie_ni

Andersons Dietician

I don’t want to tarnish every officer as I’m sure there are truly fantastic officers and in part it would seem some have even been showcased on social media being understanding and doing there part. However in the current climate seen a lot of videos of officers just being Grace A Cnuts.

You would think if you had any common sense at all knowing the world is watching every move you make and given the incident that has sparked this the one thing you would avoid is putting your knee on someone neck yet seen a vid of some guy doing just that.

Then I’ve seen two seperate vids of police man handeling older folk and pushing them causing both to stumble and one to be left with blood coming out the back of his head whilst officers walk past or are stopped from going to help to focus on grabbing a protestor.

There is also a video where a female protester is beaten with batons and shot at with a rubber bullet. In what world do these officers deem that necessary force. Of anything I would imagine that would only enrage people more and there are far easier less damaging ways to put someone on the ground.

Its just ridiculous some of the things that are being done by police at the moment knowing the eyes of the world are on them.

MTF

https://features.propublica.org/wei...rginia/?utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook

“I Don’t Want to Shoot You, Brother”
A shocking story of police and lethal force. Just not the one you might expect.
I'm just a quarter of the way through and this is a great read so far. Seems like one more example of the kind of culture that is apparently so prevalent in US police depts these days. These guys are acting like they're out on a battlefield and any second's hesitation in applying force is putting their fellow officers at unnecessary risk. That can never make for good policing, only for violence.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Salt Lake City police kill Bernardo Palacios on May 23, 2020
Body cam of cops who MURDERED Bernardo Palacios in SLC was just released today. NSFW:

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Salt Lake City police kill Bernardo Palacios on May 23, 2020
Body cam of cops who MURDERED Bernardo Palacios in SLC was just released today. NSFW:
No matter the circumstances (which aren't particularly good for the victim in this case) shooting someone in the back 20 times is indicative of a broken system that lacks preventive controls.

Justice may have a wedge in this case seeing as one officer emptied a magazine which is typically 17 rounds.