Cop in America doing a bad job, again

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Speaking of Kentucky...

https://www.forbes.com/sites/nichol...r-to-encourage-regular-employment-of-violence
Report: Kentucky Police Presentation Quoted Hitler To Encourage ‘Regular Employment Of Violence’
A presentation given to Kentucky State Police cadets contained quotes from Adolf Hitler encouraging the cadets to use violence, according to a Louisville high school newspaper, the Manual RedEye, while calling for the future police officers to have a “mindset void of emotion” in order to “meet violence with greater violence.”
Up there with Idaho as an utter waste of a state.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
UK cops historical drama

Mangrove: 9/10

BBC https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p08vy19b/small-axe-series-1-mangrove

One can argue if its a 'movie' or an extended TV drama, but regardless, a brilliant piece of cinematography capturing the Police violence against black people in 1970s West London. Brilliant scripting, casting, acting and character development allied with authentic location sets, costume and popular culture from the time. Makes the film truly engaging and the 2 hours fly by.

It jolted me back to youth, where I remember just how racist British society was, where unsophisticated white folk tried to cleanse foreigners of their sophisticated culture and where it was culturally acceptable to use language and behaviours against ethic minorities that is banned today. It reminds me that we have made progress towards equality, even if it is always frustratingly two steps forwards and one step backwards.

But I think what makes this movie so brilliant is that it makes it very easy for Millennials and GenZ to understand how their parents and grandparents behaved and struggled with the concept of cultural integration. Its especially pertinent given the recent BLM movement and is also representative for the issues all immigrants have faced when trying to make a home for themselves in UK

Eboue

nasty little twerp with crazy bitter-man opinions
I'm typing this with my Glock 19 two feet from me
This one is great, the "bad apple" is bragging about hitting civilians with a car and the "good cop" realizes his bodycam is on and walks away midsentence to protect the sociopathic piece of shit.

UweBein

Creator of the Worst Analogy on the Internet.
Supports
Chelsea
A sad outcome. There is no justification for what the police officer did, from my point of view.

4bars

Supports
Barcelona
https://nypost.com/2021/01/14/phoenix-cops-fatally-shoot-man-during-intense-standoff-video/

This is nuts. Not sure what the cops could have done differently there though (warning: video is extremely graphic) :(
I don't think they could do anything. He was clearly acting as he had a gun and he even did a countdown before "drawing" the fake gun. Maybe shoot him on the legs, before cornering him? once cornered I don't think they had much choice

But maybe in a deescalation education they show some tactics, who knows

I will tell you as well that is related with gun culture. In Spain, the police would have reasonable doubts that an individual has a gun and is faking it most probably

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Christ almighty, this is attempted murder.

Any word how those obviously run over are doing?
You're asking the wrong question. The proper question is how is the car doing? :rolleyes: :(

Guarantee this guy won't even get fired, let alone charged.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
You're asking the wrong question. The proper question is how is the car doing? :rolleyes: :(

Guarantee this guy won't even get fired, let alone charged.
Absolutely not. The injured might win some money in a civil a few years down the road, but the police already factor that into their budgets.

End the vastness of the qualified immunity scope, you’ll end a lot of shit like this. It could possibly be argued that (& I say possibly), if the civilians did break the windshield or windows, then such an evasive maneuver could be warranted. But, just breaking the glass with some implement isn’t going to incapacitate the occupants of a car. It’s not like the glass instantaneously becomes lethal shrapnel. I’ve been in two roll over wrecks & I don’t recall many cuts from all the glass that was broken, at least none serious. That’s the way the fecking glass is designed.

Wonder if the cop(s) got out of their vehicle after stopping a short distance away to render aid? If so, their excuse about feeling threated before the attempted murder attempt becomes even more laughably thin.