Cop in America doing a bad job, again

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
Most of them are looking for a big payout. They don’t have a “real job” or a family to support, so they do get ballsy and don’t mind risking getting physically hurt or arrested. It’s their ticket to a lawsuit against a police department, or at the very least get shares/likes on social media. We also have a lot of paparazzi because of the celebrities that frequent our area, and they also push the envelope and try to get assaulted by bodyguards and are quick to call us and play victim.

Hmmm...I'm not sure about that. If cops are violating people's rights then they shouldn't be on the streets until they've learned the law. The ones I've seen always has the auditor knowing the law better than the cops....do you not see that as a problem? For too long cops have been able to skirt people's rights because of lack of evidence and covering for each other. That has to stop. This bullshit about stopping people for suspicious activity when all they are doing is filming just doesn't hold water.

Drainy

In fairness, most of the auditors are only partially informed about the law too. However, if they are actually following the law and the police violate their rights, frankly they should be paid out and hopefully the police will learn the hard way what the law is.

That said, its unlikely since the officers are so isolated from accountability that its rare that there are real repercussions for them.

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
In fairness, most of the auditors are only partially informed about the law too. However, if they are actually following the law and the police violate their rights, frankly they should be paid out and hopefully the police will learn the hard way what the law is.

That said, its unlikely since the officers are so isolated from accountability that its rare that there are real repercussions for them.

How hard is it to know that a person has a right to film anything they want in public without getting harassed?

Drainy

How hard is it to know that a person has a right to film anything they want in public without getting harassed?
1st amendment isn't the only aspect that gets audited and from watching quite a lot of AtA on Youtube there is a lot of misunderstanding regarding reasonable suspicion and legal detention, and regarding filming I see a few auditors that seem oblivious that depending on what is being filmed there may be certain limited time, place and manner restrictions.

choiboyx012

Carrick>Hargreaves
Hmmm...I'm not sure about that. If cops are violating people's rights then they shouldn't be on the streets until they've learned the law. The ones I've seen always has the auditor knowing the law better than the cops....do you not see that as a problem? For too long cops have been able to skirt people's rights because of lack of evidence and covering for each other. That has to stop. This bullshit about stopping people for suspicious activity when all they are doing is filming just doesn't hold water.
Of course it’s a problem, which is why extensive training is needed. Honestly we don’t even cover constitutional law in-depth in the academy. Maybe it’s changed since I went through though. There are, as you can imagine, a lot of gray areas and dozens of case laws that interpret statutes differently.

People recording cops are not supposed to be interfering an investigation or active scene, but what does that even mean? Must they stand 10 feet away? 20? Whatever the cop feels is a safe distance? It’s not always so black and white.

We even get calls from citizens and businesses complaining of someone recording/taking photos of them without their permission, demanding that we take action. We have to kindly remind them that it’s not illegal to take photos in public as long as it’s not for monetary gain.

As a department we get recorded all the time so we’re well versed in dealing with them. Other departments don’t deal with these cop-watch auditors or paparazzi every day. It’s kind of a newer phenomena anyway, and it results in the videos you see of them overstepping the line and being made to look stupid.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
Wrong thread I'm sure. RoboDog/RoboCop

Somebody tell ED-209 his dog is loose.

Seriously though, this is a bad idea, how long before yank coppers decide to fit them with weapons and then start blaming their murders on "a glitch in the software"?

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Wrong thread I'm sure. RoboDog/RoboCop

I don't get it. This device doesn't appear to have any similar functionality/purpose compared to a biological police dog. I'm sure it has its uses, certainly looks more versatile than the current robots they use for bomb scares, etc. Is this thing going to patrol the streets? I suppose they can fit it with olfactory sensors, too.

Dr. Dwayne

Cops won't like this because they can do far more damage siccing an Alsatian on a suspect.
To be fair, the K-9 handlers also like their dogs so if this means they don't have to endanger them sometimes I think they'll be ok with it. From the looks of it, they'll still be able to let 'em loose on a fleeing suspect.

e.cantona

Mummy, mummy, diamonds, I want them too
I don't get it. This device doesn't appear to have any similar functionality/purpose compared to a biological police dog. I'm sure it has its uses, certainly looks more versatile than the current robots they use for bomb scares, etc. Is this thing going to patrol the streets? I suppose they can fit it with olfactory sensors, too.
Cameras and what not. I belive it's the Boston dynamics robo dog. Or a version of it. This video is the first I've seen of it in actual use. Slow introduction for humans, imagine robodog v10

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
We all know they’re developing this shit for war, so they’ll definitely have properly viable robot police dogs in the near future. Feck that shit

ManchesterYoda

I saw one of those UK cop shows couple nights ago and 4 police (2 male, 2 female) were at front door of someone's house. The door opened and some guy came out with a knife and started slashing at them. They all made a desperate attempt to run away but ended up falling over each other. Eventually one of the female cops used a taser. "Back up" was called for. Then the guy with knife was beaten with truncheon repeatedly whilst they trying to make the arrest. He was obviously beaten because he just attacked 4 police with a knife but I know some would probably say it was "police brutality". It was comical that 4 police run away from a criminal and fall over each other.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
22 years of a mans life is only worth $500k?
It's not just black people that suffer this fate though. Many poor white men and women do too.

I'm not sure why anyone is complaining. I mean:

$7.50 min wage * 40hours a week * 52 Weeks * 22 years = $343,200

So if anything they are be overpaid.

YES THIS IS SARCASM. A $7.50 MINIMUM WAGE IS AN ABOMINATION

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
I'm not sure why anyone is complaining. I mean:

$7.50 min wage * 40hours a week * 52 Weeks * 22 years = $343,200

So if anything they are be overpaid.

YES THIS IS SARCASM. A $7.50 MINIMUM WAGE IS AN ABOMINATION
You fecking got me :lol: :lol: :lol:

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Is that a version common of ALL LIFE MATTERS?
I don't know the poster, but if he/she is saying what I think they are then I don't think it is. While improper/wrong incarceration does disproportionally affect black men to a massive extent, it is something that is present across the racial/ethnic spectrum. There is a cult here, especially amongst people who do jury duty, that the cops must always be telling the truth, therefore guilty. Again, this is even more prevalent if the defendant is a black male. The one time I severed on a jury it was scary how quick some of my fellow jurors came to a guilty verdict.

Dr. Dwayne

There is a cult here, especially amongst people who do jury duty, that the cops must always be telling the truth, therefore guilty. Again, this is even more prevalent if the defendant is a black male. The one time I severed on a jury it was scary how quick some of my fellow jurors came to a guilty verdict.
Same up here.

bsCallout

Is that a version comment of ALL LIFE MATTERS?
I don't know the poster, but if he/she is saying what I think they are then I don't think it is. While improper/wrong incarceration does disproportionally affect black men to a massive extent, it is something that is present across the racial/ethnic spectrum. There is a cult here, especially amongst people who do jury duty, that the cops must always be telling the truth, therefore guilty. Again, this is even more prevalent if the defendant is a black male. The one time I severed on a jury it was scary how quick some of my fellow jurors came to a guilty verdict.
Not even close 4bars.

WI_Red pretty much nailed it.

It's really important that it doesn't JUST become an issue of race because the system is awful through and through, irrelevant to who the defendant is.

Incarceration is scarily disproportionate, wrongful convictions are about colour but are more about the police wanting to get someone with bad evidence and corruption. The jury system is also ineffective.

The system has to change not because it's rascist but because it's wrong. Unfortunately because black people are disproportionately arrested they are also disproportionately affected but that is because of the system they enter as soon as the cuffs are on. Whether youre black or a poor white man, the prosecution system is rigged against you once the cops have picked you.