Cop in America doing a bad job, again

4bars

Supports
Barcelona
Not even close 4bars.

WI_Red pretty much nailed it.

It's really important that it doesn't JUST become an issue of race because the system is awful through and through, irrelevant to who the defendant is.

Incarceration is scarily disproportionate, wrongful convictions are about colour but are more about the police wanting to get someone with bad evidence and corruption. The jury system is also ineffective.

The system has to change not because it's rascist but because it's wrong. Unfortunately because black people are disproportionately arrested they are also disproportionately affected but that is because of the system they enter as soon as the cuffs are on. Whether youre black or a poor white man, the prosecution system is rigged against you once the cops have picked you.
I see the angle of your comment. Thanks and as well thanks @WI_Red to point it out and explain it to me. I thought that a popular jury would have more critical thinking on cops opinion and in this case was more a racial profiling

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
One year-old baby shot in the head by Houston PD in what looks like another trigger-happy shooting without regard for public safety.

https://abc13.com/officer-involved-shooting-baby-shot-houston-police-man-by/10422149/
Terrible, but so much apparent subjectivity here. Nothing will probably happens because of it.

Aaaaand, from the same news source, another example of potential lunacy within a major city police force...

https://abc13.com/bryan-riser-dallas-police-officer-murder-charges-department-liza-saenz/10391238/

This cannot be SOP, can it? Putting a co-worker back on the job while being investigated for murder?!?

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
And we shouldn’t defund some of the police to ensure funds flow into an improved social worker base who would be perfect to handle such situations.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
0:34 "K9 training tactics and corrective measures can sometimes be alarming when provided out of context."

I'm pretty sure carry a K9 by its neck strapped over one's shoulder is not. A K9 is a partner and considered a badged LEO, therefore if one LEO strung up his/her human partner like this K9, that would be assault. Going by the chief's comments above this handler will probably stick around, possibly promoted. If an MWD was treated this way and caught that military member would be severely punished.

This video below is from a separate incident.

He who is cruel to animals becomes hard also in his dealings with men. We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals. - Immnanuel Kant

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
0:34 "K9 training tactics and corrective measures can sometimes be alarming when provided out of context."

I'm pretty sure carry a K9 by its neck strapped over one's shoulder is not. A K9 is a partner and considered a badged LEO, therefore if one LEO strung up his/her human partner like this K9, that would be assault. Going by the chief's comments above this handler will probably stick around, possibly promoted. If an MWD was treated this way and caught that military member would be severely punished.

Shocking, isn’t it?

nimic

something nice
Scout

The Fredericksburg Police Department released this body camera video of Officer Shaun Jurgens. Jurgens used a stun gun and pepper sprayed a man who was having a medical emergency May 4. Some audio was redacted to protect personal information of the driver.
I always knew having a stroke while you're driving was dangerous, I just didn't know it was because cops might try to kill you.

That guy is no longer a cop, apparently. He's now a sheriff's deputy.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Did he say "get outta the car or I'm gonna fecking smoke you" ?

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member

I always knew having a stroke while you're driving was dangerous, I just didn't know it was because cops might try to kill you.

That guy is no longer a cop, apparently. He's now a sheriff's deputy.
Gotta love how these Neanderthals fail upwards under qualified immunity.

nimic

something nice
Scout
Amazing that this is what they are doing while knowing fully well they are being recorded. Hard to imagine what they would do without the cameras.
That was my reaction during the demonstrations last year. They reacted with chilling brutality, and that's when they knew they were bring filmed. Sometimes they directly targeted obviously live media.

Makes you wonder what some sections of society have been going through. Well, we know the answer to that, but you would hope certain other people would see it too

RUCK4444

The arms of all the people should be taken away

It’s takes a basic IQ to grasp that and not feel violated that somebody is trying to take your murdering instrument away. I mean grow up, you shouldn’t need a gun to go on the school run, defend your home or police your nation.

It’s 2021 ffs, why are you still following what is essentially English common law of the 1700’s!?

I find the country perplexing, the juxtaposition that you should arm your nation and then feel aggrieved when people are shot and killed every single day would be laughable if it weren’t so serious.

An infuriating and sad topic really.

I bring this up because every encounter you see with American police is so OVERLY charged with emotion and the perceived threat that one party may be shot by the other that it skews every basic encounter into some life or death scenario, then add a heavy dose of racism on top. Ridiculous way to live.

Last edited:

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
These people are a menace. The "bad cops" angle doesn't wash.
Where are the voices of the "good cops" that are outraged?

Skizzo

Despite this belief that cops don’t speak out against other cops, I can say first hand that it does happen. You think I enjoy going to work and having people accuse me immediately of being racist and telling me they’re scared I’m gonna shoot them on a traffic stop because they ran a red light? No, it makes my job harder and more dangerous, just as much as it makes it so for the public.

A lot of what happens internally at a department doesn’t make the news and why would it? There’s lists released quarterly through our department of disciplinary action, all the way up to termination, for things that don’t even include uses of force but are even for “smaller offenses” like dishonesty or a lack of integrity. That being said, two officers from the area office I worked at (that’s the area office, I’m not including the entire department across the state) were terminated for uses of force and integrity issues from reporting it. That’s just a small sample size from one area office of one Department, I know, but it is something that occurs despite beliefs to the contrary.

WPMUFC

They walked up to reporters, with live video cameras, during the Trump/BLM protests and point blank shot (rubber) or beat reporters. Even famous ones like that MSNBC anchor or the Australian TV Crew. It doesn't even register beyond wanting that moment and wanting to escalate a situation to be able to cause violence.

It seems absolutely obvious from enough footage now that their training involves "safety of the officers in all situations". Thus escalating the...or any situation to a point where they can get pepper-spray out, a gun, a taser is inherent in the training. "You will be safe if your target is dead on the ground" Mix into that the obvious racism and classism of their interactions and that's why every twitter video looks the same, just with different people present.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
The arms of all the people should be taken away

It’s takes a basic IQ to grasp that and not feel violated that somebody is trying to take your murdering instrument away. I mean grow up, you shouldn’t need a gun to go on the school run, defend your home or police your nation.

It’s 2021 ffs, why are you still following what is essentially English common law of the 1700’s!?

I find the country perplexing, the juxtaposition that you should arm your nation and then feel aggrieved when people are shot and killed every single day would be laughable if it weren’t so serious.

An infuriating and sad topic really.

I bring this up because every encounter you see with American police is so OVERLY charged with emotion and the perceived threat that one party may be shot by the other that it skews every basic encounter into some life or death scenario, then add a heavy dose of racism on top. Ridiculous way to live.
Taking away the arms of all citizens makes complete sense, but it's more or less impossible to do that in this point in time. Apart from all the legal guns owned there are illegal guns floating around everywhere as well.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Despite this belief that cops don’t speak out against other cops, I can say first hand that it does happen. You think I enjoy going to work and having people accuse me immediately of being racist and telling me they’re scared I’m gonna shoot them on a traffic stop because they ran a red light? No, it makes my job harder and more dangerous, just as much as it makes it so for the public.

A lot of what happens internally at a department doesn’t make the news and why would it? There’s lists released quarterly through our department of disciplinary action, all the way up to termination, for things that don’t even include uses of force but are even for “smaller offenses” like dishonesty or a lack of integrity. That being said, two officers from the area office I worked at (that’s the area office, I’m not including the entire department across the state) were terminated for uses of force and integrity issues from reporting it. That’s just a small sample size from one area office of one Department, I know, but it is something that occurs despite beliefs to the contrary.
I think police officers need to start speaking publicly.
Another thing. In a lot of these videos, the officers don't seem to be able to control their temper or sound downright emotionally unstable. They seem to have no idea of conflict deescalation.

Drainy

appalling behaviour. My guess is a 'we investigated ourselves and found we did nothing wrong' situation for disciplinary action, and settlement in the lawsuit. Potentially the officers will 'leave the department' - AKA be moved to 'serve' another local region.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Why the hell are they so aggressive? Jesus christ. "You received an order, obey it" was said with so much contempt.

MU655

The problem I have with these videos is that it only shows the part involving the police. What happened beforehand? Is it really nothing or has that part been omitted or not recorded?

Like the policeman holding the dog down. What happened there? I mean it doesn't show the part beforehand where they claim the dog tried to bite him. Where did it try to bite him? Did it try to go for his throat? The reaction would be understandable in that case as his life would have been at stake. Those dogs have incredibly powerful jaws.

It may very well be true that the reaction is over the top in each case (in which case it would be disgusting), but it is difficult to say unless you actually know/saw what happened.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
The problem I have with these videos is that it only shows the part involving the police. What happened beforehand? Is it really nothing or has that part been omitted or not recorded?

Like the policeman holding the dog down. What happened there? I mean it doesn't show the part beforehand where they claim the dog tried to bite him. Where did it try to bite him? Did it try to go for his throat? The reaction would be understandable in that case as his life would have been at stake. Those dogs have incredibly powerful jaws.

It may very well be true that the reaction is over the top in each case (in which case it would be disgusting), but it is difficult to say unless you actually know/saw what happened.
Bullshit.
The reaction in most of these case is over the top, regardless of what did or did not occur before it. The officers are supposed to be trained and professional, and if they can not keep their shit together than they do not belong on the force.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Guy with guns pointed at him: “I’m honestly afraid to get out of the car”

Cop pointing the gun: “you should be”

Internet bootlickers: “bUt WhAt HaPpEnEd BeFoRe ThE vIdEo”

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member

What video where the police ‘held the dog down?’

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
What video where the police ‘held the dog down?’
Either he really hate George Floyd or was referring to this post

This video below is from a separate incident.

He who is cruel to animals becomes hard also in his dealings with men. We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals. - Immnanuel Kant

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Either he really hate George Floyd or was referring to this post
Figured as much, still flabbergasted.

Seems like absolute horseshit if (s)he is referring to that. If the dog did attempt to bite the handler, why was the dog allowed to go out with him?

Who the feck looks at that video & claims the handler was ‘holding the dog down?!?’

e - Just now saw the second video. Understandable why the first was ignored. Doesn’t fit the narrative.