g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Cop in America doing a bad job, again

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
No, I didn't want to get technical.

If Walker was killed while laying defenseless on the ground, who is to blame for the death? Was it the cops who killed a defenseless man laying on the ground, or was it the guy laying defenseless on the ground?
His fault for not complying and dying when the first bullet hit.

choiboyx012

Carrick>Hargreaves
No, I didn't want to get technical.

If Walker was killed while lying defenseless on the ground, who is to blame for the death? Was it the cops who killed a defenseless man lying on the ground, or was it the guy lying defenseless on the ground?
You are getting technical if you’re cutting out the initial shots and focusing only on what occurs when he’s on the ground. No one knows at what millisecond he is “killed”. The shots on the ground are in fact relevant, but not as much as each officer’s decision to shoot in the first place. That’s how they’ll be judged.

NotThatSoph

You are getting technical if you’re cutting out the initial shots and focusing only on what occurs when he’s on the ground. No one knows at what millisecond he is “killed”. The shots on the ground are in fact relevant, but not as much as each officer’s decision to shoot in the first place. That’s how they’ll be judged.
No, this isn't getting technical. Refer back to the example where a person knocked someone out with a punch, and then proceeded to stomp on their head repeatedly. I don't think you believe what you're saying here, obviously there is a difference between shooting someone once and shooting someone repeatedly. Obviously there is a difference between shooting someone on the run that you believe have a gun, and shooting someone lying on the ground who you know cannot possibly be a threat to you. You know this, yet pretend otherwise.

choiboyx012

Carrick>Hargreaves
No, this isn't getting technical. Refer back to the example where a person knocked someone out with a punch, and then proceeded to stomp on their head repeatedly. I don't think you believe what you're saying here, obviously there is a difference between shooting someone once and shooting someone repeatedly. Obviously there is a difference between shooting someone on the run that you believe have a gun, and shooting someone lying on the ground who you know cannot possibly be a threat to you. You know this, yet pretend otherwise.
I’m not pretending anything. I’ve shared my views on this. You’re the one pretending this shooting has a part 1 and part 2 when it didn’t happen that way and will not be judged that way. Of course if any one of the cops began shooting when Williams is down, or continued to shoot willfully and intentionally when he was down (factoring in physical response lapse time), then yes s/he will have been unjustified and violating (I assume) their department shooting policy.
Your hypothetical of someone lying on the ground defenseless and getting shot is obviously a bad shoot. But it’s just that, a hypothetical, and not the full story of events that happened.

NotThatSoph

I’m not pretending anything. I’ve shared my views on this. You’re the one pretending this shooting has a part 1 and part 2 when it didn’t happen that way and will not be judged that way. Of course if any one of the cops began shooting when Williams is down, or continued to shoot willfully and intentionally when he was down (factoring in physical response lapse time), then yes s/he will have been unjustified and violating (I assume) their department shooting policy.
Your hypothetical of someone lying on the ground defenseless and getting shot is obviously a bad shoot. But it’s just that, a hypothetical, and not the full story of events that happened.
Walker was lying defenseless on the ground and got shot tens of times.

NotThatSoph

You know, that Sundiata Acoli was convicted of first-degree murder is a huge miscarriage of justice. When State Trooper Werner Foerster was first shot it was simply in an attempt to flee. That Acoli later in the interaction put two bullets in Foerster's head is just a technicality, you can't separate a shooting into different parts like that.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Walker was lying defenseless on the ground and got shot tens of times.
Not to play devils advocate in this volatile thread,but surely he means that the cops didnt shoot him, then paused, and then after said pause resumed firing while he was on the ground? :nervous:

Aside from that they're still entirely unfit to carry a gun and are lunatics for shooting someone 327 times.

NotThatSoph

Not to play devils advocate in this volatile thread,but surely he means that the cops didnt shoot him, then paused, and then after said pause resumed firing while he was on the ground? :nervous:

Aside from that they're still entirely unfit to carry a gun and are lunatics for shooting someone 327 times.
Sure, but why would that matter?

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Sure, but why would that matter?
Because if you punch someone to the ground and then hunch over him to stomp on his head it's two seperate moves whereas here it's one prolonged shooting?

I have no idea why I'm arguing about these semantics .

NotThatSoph

Because if you punch someone to the ground and then hunch over him to stomp on his head it's two seperate moves whereas here it's one prolonged shooting?

I have no idea why I'm arguing about these semantics .
Different moves, but actions all the same. Every single shot is a different delibirate action as well, they can stop at any time but chose not to.

90 shots, 60 hits.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Different moves, but actions all the same. Every single shot is a different delibirate action as well, they can stop at any time but chose not to.

90 shots, 60 hits.
Christ they actually hit him that many times?! Grim. Anyway, not trying to downplay this, just wanted to try (and fail) to solve a discussion

NotThatSoph

Christ they actually hit him that many times?! Grim. Anyway, not trying to downplay this, just wanted to try (and fail) to solve a discussion
Don't think this can be solved. Either I have to agree that Walker, who got shot 60 times, caused his own death, or our cop friend here has to change his mind. Neither will happen.

Denis79

22 weeks is the average time spent training new police officers in the US. Considering the amount of weapons and drugs in circulation that is a joke and it's no wonder we see all that crazy shit. I went for two years in the academy and was then supervised by a experienced officer for one year before I even recieved a gun.

nimic

something nice
Scout
22 weeks is the average time spent training new police officers in the US. Considering the amount of weapons and drugs in circulation that is a joke and it's no wonder we see all that crazy shit. I went for two years in the academy and was then supervised by a experienced officer for one year before I even recieved a gun.
Yep. This has been discussed a few times in this thread already, but there's a strange gap between the reverential attitude Americans have towards law enforcement (and the money they spend on equipment for them), and the very low time spent actually preparing them to do the job.

Skizzo

he was hit a lot of times, however the coroner is yet to determine which are entrance and exit wounds. So it’s unlikely he was actually hit 60 times. Even if it’s 50/50, it means he was at least hit 30, so make of that what you will.

Skizzo

it's remarkable because they are dumb and refused to take the vaccine
they may have had the vaccine and still died with Covid. Wasn’t my point though really. The article talks about specifically the murder % going up. The laughing emojis are a nice touch to your well constructed argument though.

Skizzo

you're conveniently leaving out the most important part of my post "those numbers pale in comparison"
compared as a percentage of officers murdered to unjustified police killings?

comparing 100 to 1 looks hugely disproportionate until you realize the 100 comes from a pool of 1,000,000 and the 1 comes from a pool of 10.

entropy

it’s still nowhere close to the number of people murdered by cops. also, the final number is even higher when you consider that cops don't exactly reveal the necessary data to the public.

Last edited:

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
US Population 329 million
Law enforcement officers - 800,000

Us population - 0.0003462 killed
Law enforcement - 0.0075 killed
That’s a disingenuous comparison as it assumes every person has an interaction with an LEO.

choiboyx012

Carrick>Hargreaves

90 shots, 60 hits.
This is not always true. Each officer is responsible for each shot fired, but that doesn’t mean each one is a different single decision and action. You shoot until you no longer perceive a threat. Very rarely do you find an incident where, in the immediate defense of life, someone shoots, asseses, shoots, assesses, until the threat is stopped.

And you don’t know what each officer’s thought process and perception was in choosing to stop or not.