Coronavirus Cricket Auction Draft (Test)

FINAL: Which team would win on a slow dustbowl minefield?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Skills

Snitch
haha.. come on, it would be a bitter pill to count this. But it is up to @Samid
Is this serious?
Having them in the squad is fine.

World XI and similar international matches also count btw. Check threadmark.
Only international matches count. All matches classified as Tests, ODIs and T20Is. Domestic leagues like IPL aren't international matches.

If those matches are classified as international matches (Tests, ODIs, T20Is) then yes, they count. Examples of games counting:

https://www.espncricinfo.com/scores/series/14758/icc-world-xi-tour-of-australia-2005-06
https://www.espncricinfo.com/series...ly-odi-icc-world-xi-tour-of-australia-2004-05
https://www.espncricinfo.com/scores/series/18040/world-xi-in-pak-2017-18

Easiest way of checking if a player has played any of those matches:

1) Go to player profile on cricinfo.
2) Look at "major teams". If you don't see Asia/Europe/Africa/America/World etc XI listed there then the player hasn't played in any of those matches. Sangakkara however has played for both Asia XI and ICC World XI.

3) Check "batting career summary" in all three formats to find out which games he featured for Asia XI and ICC World XI. You only need to do this for one format, from there you can easily switch over to the other two formats.

4) In Sangakarra's case his matches for Asia and World XI came in ODIs. Click on the blue/white icon to see the scorecards.

This check takes about a minute per player. You can always gamble if you can't be arsed doing the check but if your opponent finds a scorecard from an obscure World XI game with two of your players playing together you will be deducted 2 votes.

Skills

Snitch
One vote deduction for each of them if you field them in the starting XI.
Well, I ain't snitching but there's some players be getting votes deducted and players blasted out in the next round. Corona ain't no joke.

Test and trace.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
This was not made clear in the OP.
This is from the OP intro:

"If your opponent can prove that any of your starting 11 players have been in the same starting XI in any international match, they will begin with a 2 vote head start."

Those games are international matches, as clarified in the threadmark.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
This is from the OP intro:

"If your opponent can prove that any of your starting 11 players have been in the same starting XI in any international match, they will begin with a 2 vote head start."

Those games are international matches, as clarified in the threadmark.
In that case I'd rather just give Skills a bye into the next round. Not worth my time doing the write up for this match.. my team isn't going to be strong enough.

Skills

Snitch
For some of you stat-nerds :

What I've basically done is, I've plotted the bowling average of the top 50 wicket takers of each decade (basically (total number of wickets by the top 50 in each decade / runs given away) - the figures of the player in question). Then I've plotted it against their own bowling average for that decade. The vertical distance from that blue line is how much better they're performing compared to the other 49 top wicket takers in that decade. Big ups to Harbhajan Singh of the 2000s for falling bang on the line.

I've only plotted it for the spinners for now.

Same for S/R.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
@Samid can we sell players back to the bank (for a loss) if we make it to the next round?

Fiskey

Can't stop thinking about David Nugent's hot naked
In that case I'd rather just give Skills a bye into the next round. Not worth my time doing the write up for this match.. my team isn't going to be strong enough.
You could still win this match potentially then live to fight another day.

Samid

Scheduled matches (1 per day):

Fri Apr 3:
Sat Apr 4:
Sun Apr 5:
Mon Apr 6:
Tue Apr 7:
Wed Apr 8:
Thu Apr 9:
Fri Apr 10:
Sat Apr 11:
Sun Apr 12:

Samid

Scheduled matches (1 per day):

Fri Apr 3:
Sat Apr 4:
Sun Apr 5:
Mon Apr 6: harshad - Himannv (Slow dustbowl minefield)
Tue Apr 7:
Wed Apr 8:
Thu Apr 9:
Fri Apr 10:
Sat Apr 11:
Sun Apr 12: