Coronavirus in football

Amir

If Everton have 6 senior players injured on the reschedule can they ask for it to be replayed? Obviously not. Different crowd numbers, different rules for different squad damages, extra rest for 1 club over Xmas (Liverpool)

No corruption but real shambolic stuff
Other option is to shut football down until it is over

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
If more players have positive tests in next days (first Mendy, Walker and today allegedly Ederson, Cancelo, Torres and 1 more) then I'd expect these games to be rescheduled, no?
I don't think so. And it should not be rescheduled. Bad luck. It happens to every club. And if you start to cancel games then season will never end. And what would be benchmark? 6 players? 7? 10?

SqualorVictoria

Supports
City
I don't think so. And it should not be rescheduled. Bad luck. It happens to every club. And if you start to cancel games then season will never end. And what would be benchmark? 6 players? 7? 10?
Benchmark I guess is that one day before the game some new cases arise, what is the guarantee that other players will follow in the next days? Possibly infecting the opponent too. I think the postponement and rescheduling comes down to common sense eventually.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Given the ridiculous number of cases at the moment, wouldn't it be safer to stop football in England altogether for a month or so. January is going to be terrible.

Judas

Open to offers
Given the ridiculous number of cases at the moment, wouldn't it be safer to stop football in England altogether for a month or so. January is going to be terrible.
Think that might happen if what has happened to City happens to a few more clubs, but we're long way off that for now.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Will need to hit a few clubs all at once for that convo to start.

Other European countries had quite a few sporting outbreaks and didn't postpone.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea

Other European countries had quite a few sporting outbreaks and didn't postpone.
Yep, I imagine worst case is players would go in a world cup style camp over the lokcodwn period.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Benchmark I guess is that one day before the game some new cases arise, what is the guarantee that other players will follow in the next days? Possibly infecting the opponent too. I think the postponement and rescheduling comes down to common sense eventually.
With todays game i 100% agree. When it is in last minute and you don't know who has it and who don't.
But to reschedule next game because you miss 7,10 or 15 players should be out of question

SqualorVictoria

Supports
City
With todays game i 100% agree. When it is in last minute and you don't know who has it and who don't.
But to reschedule next game because you miss 7,10 or 15 players should be out of question
Ah fair enough I wasn't aware of the context. Yeah postponing both the Chelsea and United games would seem very odd to me as well.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
That's last resort material. As we simply don't have space for another month to add to the schedule.

Crustanoid

Such an odious cnut.
Pretty scathing stuff
Brazilian media reports claimed that the “Neymarpalooza” festivities kicked off on Saturday at a seafront mansion in Mangaratiba,
'Pedro Opará, a Brazilian doctor and activist, accused Neymar of showing “utter contempt towards the lives of others”
“Organising such a party is … the most abhorrent insult, it’s an affront to 190,000 grieving families, it’s to dance funk music on the corpses all the way to the grave, it’s to sneer at the health professionals working in hazardous conditions to control Covid-19,” Juca Kfouri, one of Brazil’s best-known football writers
To be fair it could lead to more deaths / hospitalisations

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Pretty scathing stuff

To be fair it could lead to more deaths / hospitalisations
Over 190K deaths already in Brazil, yet this wispy cnut is packing 500+ people together for five full days.

Not sure how good tracing is in Brazil, but this could be a prime super spreader event when looked back upon.

It’s one fecking holiday season. Why do daft cnuts have to do shit like this?

Has Neymar had covid yet?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Call our game with them off, it actually suits us to have a less congested period now even it means having to slot it in somewhere else.
Except with Burnley away also to fit in, and the dreaded Europa it'll be tough to fit it in.

Moorie86

wiry just playing Newcastle on Boxing Day. Will be interesting to see if any their players have caught it? if so could cause carnage for the league

Crustanoid

Over 190K deaths already in Brazil, yet this wispy cnut is packing 500+ people together for five full days.

Not sure how good tracing is in Brazil, but this could be a prime super spreader event when looked back upon.

It’s one fecking holiday season. Why do daft cnuts have to do shit like this?

Has Neymar had covid yet?
I get the feeling Neymar is one of these people who knows the risks but couldn't give a crap. Same as the house parties going on here in the UK

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
wiry just playing Newcastle on Boxing Day. Will be interesting to see if any their players have caught it? if so could cause carnage for the league
Hasn't it been proven outside spread is very minimul. We played Newcastle just before their outbreak and not one of ours caught it.

PoTMS

Except with Burnley away also to fit in, and the dreaded Europa it'll be tough to fit it in.
The Premier League should schedule our game against Burnley where we would have originally played City.

Port Vale Devil

Supports
Port Vale
I get the feeling Neymar is one of these people who knows the risks but couldn't give a crap. Same as the house parties going on here in the UK
Neymar is one of those guys who would unplug your life support machine to charge his phone.

Total Cnut

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I thought the guidelines were that if a team has 14 fit players the game can go ahead? It must be a big outbreak or they’ve changed the guidelines/rules. I understand that it’s more sensible to call the game off due to false negative tests etc and there is a risk of our (Everton) players getting it too but a bit more transparency is needed here. Especially as this is different to the Villa -Newcastle postponement which was called off 3 days before rather than 4 hours before.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
I thought the guidelines were that if a team has 14 fit players the game can go ahead? It must be a big outbreak or they’ve changed the guidelines/rules. I understand that it’s more sensible to call the game off due to false negative tests etc and there is a risk of our (Everton) players getting it too but a bit more transparency is needed here. Especially as this is different to the Villa -Newcastle postponement which was called off 3 days before rather than 4 hours before.
I imagine because it’s been called so late, city are able to cite not knowing the big picture in terms of the severity of the outbreak. That won’t cut it you imagine for their next games.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Bullshit cause its City. Newcastle already had this same situation. Why should City be treated differently.

PoTMS

Bullshit cause its City. Newcastle already had this same situation. Why should City be treated differently.
Postponing one game is reasonable. The Chelsea and United game should go ahead as scheduled. You can surely field 14 players even if you have to reach into the reserves.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Going to be mad backlog for Man. City as I assume Chelsea game will also be called off. Still in league cup and getting to the final would mean another league game postponed.

Just going to have to play on the two free midweek CL dates as I think last 16 round is still split over four weeks.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
As a general point wonder how far football players are down the list for vaccines.

I know people would turn their noses up at some more of the rich and famous jumping the queue but I can see premier league paying and getting them to take it at start of February if January is massive disrupted.

I assume looking at the list players wouldn't get it until June?

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
No chance of ending the season in time really. January has five more prem games scheduled.

Unless you just cancel the euros again to summer 2022 and then hold the World cup 12 months later.

NicolaSacco

Supports
Ipswich
As a general point wonder how far football players are down the list for vaccines.

I know people would turn their noses up at some more of the rich and famous jumping the queue but I can see premier league paying and getting them to take it at start of February if January is massive disrupted.

I assume looking at the list players wouldn't get it until June?
Although we have a health service supposedly based on need, many countries don't. Couldn't the PL simply buy vaccines straight from Pfizer, or a different country or whoever? When a player needs knee surgery he goes abroad or jumps the queue at home by paying privately.

stevoc

No chance of ending the season in time really. January has five more prem games scheduled.

Unless you just cancel the euros again to summer 2022 and then hold the World cup 12 months later.
To be honest the Euro's should have been cancelled already once it couldn't be played in its usual summer window. Too much football being crammed into too small a period of time.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Would you say the same if we had Bruno, Rashford , Maguire, AWB, plus few more out dew to covid?
I would. Every team has 25 players plus kids. Season is like it is. If you have bad luck...oh, well.
Games (unless it is in ladt moment situation) should not be postponed. Because as i said earlier; when that ends? How many players must have covid to get postpone? 5? 10?

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
That Everton vs Manchester City is off is of course the right decision but the next Manchester City matches must be played if they have enough players available (and yes i would say the same about us in that case).