Coronavirus in football

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
? Players aren't robots and are still part of the general population.
Yes but I highly doubt there catching it of the fans that attend games as they don’t get close enough to them. There probably catching it of other players who have no symptoms or of the general public when there out and about. A lot of players do what they want anyway and have party’s so that won’t help the cases.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Yes but I highly doubt there catching it of the fans that attend games as they don’t get close enough to them. There probably catching it of other players who have no symptoms or of the general public when there out and about. A lot of players do what they want anyway and have party’s so that won’t help the cases.
Clubs need to get stricter on this, it's essentially injuring yourself and affecting the team.

Start fining players, dropping them and if they don't comply then sell them.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Think about what you have posted here.

el3mel

Matter of time before they suspend the league again it seems. It is going out of hand at this point.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Think about what you have posted here.
I know it sounds silly but we both know that’s not what I meant :lol: someone was suggesting lowering the attendance so my point was that won’t help as the players aren’t catching it of them. Where as they could be of the general public when there out shopping or doing whatever they do.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I know it sounds silly but we both know that’s not what I meant :lol: someone was suggesting lowering the attendance so my point was that won’t help as the players aren’t catching it of them. Where as they could be of the general public when there out shopping or doing whatever they do.
Yes they're not catching it from fans directly in the stadium, but those people shopping will then be football fans who mix with some football fans who aren't out shopping which maximises the spread and continues the cycle of the virus.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Their partners, children, friends etc. are all out and about mingling, at work or school etc. That's where most players would get it.
Mingling with the general population...which football fans are a part of. Maybe it's just me but there were moments during the pandemic where I would pick and choose certain things to do. I'd not go to some things because I was wary and I'd only go to events I really wanted to. There may be some football fans that don't do much apart from go to a football event so it's one of the only times they can catch or pass on the virus.

Last edited:

Ludens the Red

You can't be that ignorant to what's coming in the next month surely?
Ignorance to what?

Covid cases? Or the Premier League being suspended ? Cos those are two different things.

Tbf though, you do have a tendency for worse case outlooks. Iirc correctly last season after the postponements you were saying similar things about the league being suspended etc.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Ignorance to what?

Covid cases? Or the Premier League being suspended ? Cos those are two different things.

Tbf though, you do have a tendency for worse case outlooks. Iirc correctly last season after the postponements you were saying similar things about the league being suspended etc.
What? :lol:

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Ignorance to what?

:lol:

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
It’s incredible that as it stands, games are being cancelled by the FA due to a dangerous Pandemic while others are being allowed to happen with FULL CROWD ATTENDANCE…

Does no one think it’s odd that the government are just adopting, ‘you do whatever’ attitude? Do people not remember the herd immunity comments?

If (when) the PL gets halted due to this completely weird ‘whatever bro’ approach, I really hope the government are asked why they allowed it to reach the point of having to be cancelled. Because as we learned last season, there are many steps that could, and should have been implemented months ago to ensure that the PL went on.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
I get why they don't call the Chelsea game off because we only have three players missing with Covid.

Would they look at it differently if those three players were Mendy, Kepa and Bettinelli (very possible as they all train together).
?

Rob

Supports
Liverpool
Sigh. I’m sure it’ll happen at this point, and it probably should, but I was really looking forward to watching 4 games a day in the Christmas holiday.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
I get why they don't call the Chelsea game off because we only have three players missing with Covid.

Would they look at it differently if those three players were Mendy, Kepa and Bettinelli (very possible as they all train together).
?
I think if it’s those three what happens is they award Arsenal a goal to go 1-0 up.

Chipper

Adulterer.
Looking like it's all about to be suspended isn't it? Almost bound to be at this point.

It's a little concerning how (according to Sky Sports anyway) they are relying on rapid tests to pick out positives for further PCR tests, given how unreliable rapid tests are. All it takes is one player or staff member to slip through and the whole team will have it.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Even now the PL are making players to lateral tests in their car before going to training. Only if it’s positive do they do a PCR test. Mental. They should all be doing PCR tests.