Could Norway be banned from WC? FIFA threatens

stevoc

I am sure Norway would refuse to play with all countries involved in Iraq war or with a colonial past and past involvement in slave trade. As if the 19th and 20th infrastructure that Europeans still enjoy was not built by the millions of African slaves that died building them and financed from the loot and plunder they did across the world. Hypocrites.
Boycott a World Cup in the US/UK/Wherever in protest at the deaths of slaves hundreds of years ago?

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
:lol:

You should be ashamed @KirkDuyt being from Holland, which is close to Norway who are thinking about boycotting Qatar 2022. But you are also somehow in bed with the UK who sell arms to the Saudi's and something, something, something.....

Fecking hypocrite. :lol:

What did I just read?
I'm like Ernst Stavro Blofeld.

Handré1990

As usual these topics get muddled into whatabouitisms and such, idiots defending Quatar because others bad too! Don’t care about anything is the moral I guess, or risk being branded a hypocrite!!1

You should be ashamed @KirkDuyt being from Holland, which is close to Norway who are thinking about boycotting Qatar 2022. But you are also somehow in bed with the UK who sell arms to the Saudi's and something, something, something.....

What did I just read?
Amazing! :lol:

snk123

So we should not label people because you have a different point of view - while you call people hypocrites for having a different point of view than what you have ? Congratulation - but that is arguably the dumbest logic I have read by anyone here : ) I applaud thee
He actually directly accused me of being on an agenda and said I had a preference for Qatar. Pretty different from saying the west and the people with selective outrage are hypocrites.

snk123

What did I just read?
It was obviously not meant for @KirkDuyt and I was talking generally but as you have nothing substantial to argue - I understand

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout

Feck me, that's my fault? And you deduced that by me making fun of you on your silly crusade against hypocrisy?

I have to sit down and decide what to do with my new found powers to influence world leaders!
Don't be like Norway and stay away from baby seals! :angel:

Jibbs

As usual these topics get muddled into whatabouitisms and such, idiots defending Quatar because others bad too! Don’t care about anything is the moral I guess, or risk being branded a hypocrite!!1

Amazing! :lol:
Noy Defending Qatar, exposing the hypocrisy muddled in racism.
Most European countries have colonial past which they are not even ashamed of. Millions die every year across the world because of direct consequences of colonialism. In this respect the world should boycott all EU countries.

Jibbs

Boycott a World Cup in the US/UK/Wherever in protest at the deaths of slaves hundreds of years ago?
Does not make it any less of a crime. Have they ever officially apologized for their colonialism or slave trade or killing millions in Iraq just a decade ago.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
Most European countries have colonial past which they are not even ashamed off. Millions die every year across the world because of direct consequences of colonialism. In this respect the world should boycott all EU countries.
How far do we go back? And does this mean we shouldn't give a shit now?

What are the rules here?

snk123

Nobody is defending Qatar - just pointing out the obvious bias which you guys are brushing aside with :lol: . And also trying to say that boycotting is not a solution to the problem.

Redlambs

Do not have to go back very far. They killed millions in Iraq just a decade ago.
You only answered one question. That being said, here's another...

What's your solution? Because it seems like you want to hold the world back in the past before sorting the present, but that surely can't be the case, so where's the line where we start fixing things?

Makelele

What's your solution? Because it seems like you want to hold the world back in the past before sorting the present, but that surely can't be the case, so where's the line where we start fixing things?
The solution is not selective moralism. Or racially motivated self righteousness. Why did Norway decide to address Qatar all of a sudden? Will they make a stand against the WC in the US? We know that a big no. So in that lies tememdous hypocrisy. There is every right to question the motives of Norwegians seeking to boycott Qatar.

Jibbs

Lets just start off with keeping the same standards for whites and non whites.

arthurka

If Norway goes ahead and does this they will get huge respect from most of the football fans. FIFA needs to get their house in order.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Ah Norway, will they stop exporting arms?

Rocket engines, weapon systems and ammunition are among Norway’s export products. Despite the small size of the country, Norway keeps its place among the world’s 20 largest gun exporters.

Several of the parties to the Yemen conflict including Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, and Qatar were able to purchase licensed Norwegian equipment in 2015. From 2014 to 2015, Norway doubled exports of defense materials to these three countries.
https://www.tnp.no/norway/panorama/...s-keeping-norway-in-top-20-arms-exporter-list

Redlambs

The solution is not selective moralism. Or racially motivated self righteousness. Why did Norway decide to address Qatar all of a sudden? Will they make a stand against the WC in the US? We know that a big no. So in that lies tememdous hypocrisy. There is every right to question the motives of Norwegians seeking to boycott Qatar.
That's fair. Do you think America will have the same issue with migrant workers dying? If they do, the same standards should 100% apply.

I'm not arguing about fairness across the board, I'm merely asking why things just can't start. I know it's a pipe dream.

But thank you. It's not the questioning of motives I am concerned about, it's more the fact that every country in the world has a history that contains some rather shit parts, so I'm confused as to where the line is and where we can start from.

Lets just start off with keeping the same standards for whites and non whites.
It's obvious you are just going to continue your whataboutisms and moving goalposts now rather than actual answers, so you are worthless to me trying to learn. I'll leave you to your outrage.

stevoc

Does not make it any less of a crime. Have they ever officially apologized for their colonialism or slave trade or killing millions in Iraq just a decade ago.
Perhaps not but the idea of boycotting something like the Qatar World Cup might save some lives right now in 2021 in Qatar by making Qatar change their ways. Or at the very least make FIFA think twice about awarding another tournament to a regime like Qatar who will use what amounts to slave labour in horrendous working conditions to build stadiums for a fecking football tournament.

Boycotting countries because of misdeeds hundreds of years ago isn't going to save people who died in the past.

Surely you see the difference?

Last edited:

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Surely this is people within the Norwegian FA who are discussing a boycott of the Qatar WC not the Norwegian government who are the ones selling arms?
Why don't they first demand their government to stop exporting arms?

snk123

I'm not arguing about fairness across the board, I'm merely asking why things just can't start. I know it's a pipe dream.
Because history has taught us that they just don't. The actual motives of these decisions are political and no one really gives a shit about the actual cause.

Just as in this case, there is absolutely zero benefit to the workers or their conditions if nations boycott Qatar 2022.

snk123

Surely this is people within the Norwegian FA who are discussing a boycott of the Qatar WC not the Norwegian government who are the ones selling arms?

Yes, because a decision as big as this does not pass through the government at all. :lol:

stevoc

Why don't they first demand their government to stop exporting arms?
Why doesn't a Football Association demand to set the foreign policy of their government?

Eh because they wouldn't listen I suspect.

These threads always descend into insanity and whataboutisms. No one should take a stand or speak out against any evil in the world unless they and everyone from not only their country but their entire continent first solve every other injustice in the world.

stevoc

Yes, because a decision as big as this does not pass through the government at all. :lol:
So you think that National football associations run everything by their governments first?

Interesting.

Jibbs

Perhaps not but the idea of boycotting something like the Qatar World Cup might save some lives right now in 2021 in Qatar by making Qatar change their ways. Or at the very least make FIFA think twice about awarding another tournament to a regime like Qatar who will use what amounts to slave labour in horrendous working conditions to build stadiums for a fecking football tournament.

Boycotting countries because of misdeeds hundreds of years ago isn't going to save people who died in the past.

Surely you see the difference?
The misdeeds are not hundreds years old. Some are very recent. Iraq war was just a decade ago. War in Yemen is still going on.

Also. What would you say to this.

https://www.tnp.no/norway/panorama/...s-keeping-norway-in-top-20-arms-exporter-list

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Why doesn't a Football Association demand to set the foreign policy of their government?

Eh because they wouldn't listen I suspect.

These threads always descend into insanity and whataboutisms. No one should take a stand or speak out against any evil in the world unless they and everyone from not only their country but their entire continent first solve every other injustice in the world.
Ah there is it, the good ol' whataboutisms. Non-Western countries should change their behaviors but Western countries can continue exporting arms and avoid scrutiny.

The point isn't that nobody must speak about evil, the point is that Western audiences like their selective moral outrage. They tend to not hold their own governments and intelligence agencies accountable.

Handré1990

Most European countries have colonial past which they are not even ashamed of. Millions die every year across the world because of direct consequences of colonialism. In this respect the world should boycott all EU countries.
Do not have to go back very far. They killed millions in Iraq just a decade ago.
Jibbs, you’re having a mare here. Get your facts straight. First of all Norway didn’t have any colonies, our own oppressors, the Danish Crown didn’t even have any if I remember correctly, there was a private initiative in the West Indies which failed spectacularly (I think Grand Cayman).

And then you speak of millions dead in Iraq, and without even checking the facts I’m sure if you combine the three last wars the Gulf War 91, Iraq War 2003, and the war which flared up again in 2013, you won’t come close to a million, so with that said I can’t take you seriously. Try googling maybe?

If you really want Norwegian hypocracy try to find something real, it’s not effing hard, look at our involvement in the overthrowing of Gaddafi or our arms dealers, don’t just make shit up. Makes your even harder to take seriously than you already are.

Jibbs

That's fair. Do you think America will have the same issue with migrant workers dying? If they do, the same standards should 100% apply.

But thank you. It's not the questioning of motives I am concerned about, it's more the fact that every country in the world has a history that contains some rather shit parts, so I'm confused as to where the line is and where we can start from.

It's obvious you are just going to continue your whataboutisms and moving goalposts now rather than actual answers, so you are worthless to me trying to learn. I'll leave you to your outrage.
Yes... give this a read before you do.

Jibbs

Jibbs, you’re having a mare here. Get your facts straight. First of all Norway didn’t have any colonies, our own oppressors, the Danish Crown didn’t even have any if I remember correctly, there was a private initiative in the West Indies which failed spectacularly (I think Grand Cayman).

And then you speak of millions dead in Iraq, and without even checking the facts I’m sure if you combine the three last wars the Gulf War 91, Iraq War 2003, and the war which flared up again in 2013, you won’t come close to a million, so with that said I can’t take you seriously. Try googling maybe?

If you really want Norwegian hypocracy try to find something real, it’s not effing hard, look at our involvement in the overthrowing of Gaddafi or our arms dealers, don’t just make shit up. Makes your even harder to take seriously than you already are.

https://nordics.info/show/artikel/the-colonialism-of-denmark-norway-and-its-legacies/

https://brill.com/view/book/edcoll/9789004363045/BP000007.xml

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dep...endent territories,and the 45th meridian east.

Redlambs

I already know that. I already hate Englands colonial past. You seem to be of the rather childish opinion that everyone overlooks their countries past to attack others, I'm guessing you think higher of yourself then?

Your angry attitude in the here and now won't change anything. Nor will the attitude that no one can ever question anything nor do anything about it, because that's exactly what you are saying. Unless you care to point out a single country that can make any kind of stand and at least get us talking without being massive hypocrites for huge mistakes made either decades or centuries ago?