Could Rooney have been poisoned by the bum-hair transplant?

Gopher Brown

I think it is more likely that he's been poisoned by the actual poison he's had injected into his forehead

marukomu

The Gatekeeper
So his heading ability has decreased because the ball sticks to the winnits on his head?

Speak

Step up to my misogyny soapbox
I gather that the medication taken to make sure the hair stays put really does effect Testosterone levels, which, as an athlete is crucial.

I also have to say that I thought he looked so much better when he was balding, and my g/f agrees.

But more than the hair, his face before did look higher testosterone and less soft, and his eyebrows are obviously dramatically different too...

I guess I always would've thought Rooney seemed the type of guy to just shave his head and get on with it.

Just goes to show that even the highest paid, and most adored people can clearly have quite bad self-esteem issues.

Rooney was also a star from the age of 16, so he might have a slightly warped view of reality, since his own reality must have been so surreal from such an early age.
Doubt his facial appearance has got anything to do with testosterone or his hair treatment.

He's always had a potato face. People without tight skin are going to look more doughy as they age. His skin is simply sagging and his skin folds have become deeper. He has genes that mean he's ageing quickly. He has to have extremely low body fat for his face to look chiselled and angular, and he probably retains water very easily.

He had stubble to sharpen his face in picture one, too.

As for the eyebrows - it's surely a mixture of plucking and Botox. Not testosterone levels.

Look at Beckham as another example:
His eyebrows have a natural curve to them, but rarely look this weird and arched.
Just like Rooney, once the Botox wears off, his eyebrows don't have that crazy arched look to them, and the forehead lines reappear.

Last edited:

buckooo1978

I think its more a case of maths

getting older + getting married + having kids + losing his aggression + a body that has played non-stop football for 15 years + no competition for his place + not adjusting his physical shape like Giggs did = modern day Rooney

I heard he was booed by England fans last night..... Rooney has had his twat moments but his career doesnt deserve to finish in a chorus of boos.... i hope he accepts his squad role at United

Treble

I think its more a case of maths

getting older + getting married + having kids + losing his aggression + a body that has played non-stop football for 15 years + no competition for his place + not adjusting his physical shape like Giggs did = modern day Rooney

I heard he was booed by England fans last night..... Rooney has had his twat moments but his career doesnt deserve to finish in a chorus of boos.... i hope he accepts his squad role at United
It's up to him to realise he's finished. What irks most fans is that he still wants to play an important role even though he lacks the ability anymore. His presence serves only his desire to break records, England do not need him at all, not on the pitch at least.

Cristiano Lell

BANNED LOLZ
Supports
Bayern München
OK hear me out.

Sure it sounds ridiculous. But compare early Euro 2004 Rooney - vigorous, energetic, alert - to the pasty, pudding faced potato that waddles around the pitch now looking sweaty and confused. What happened that lead to this inexplicable decline?

Could Rooney have been poisoned by the bum-hair transplant?!

The facts:

2010 was the last year that Rooney showed any consistent high quality in his play.

His treatment for receding hair began in 2011, using a highly controversial and experimental technique of grafting the hair from rooneys buttocks, gooch and anus onto the crown of his head, in close proximity to Rooney's brain.

Everyone knows that anus hair is different to normal head hair. Maybe the former produces some kind of chemical which can penetrate the blood brain barrier and severely retard brain function.

At the moment I am not sure of the accuracy of this line of thought, and it remains strictly theory.
Good, important thread, and a very good OP which voices thoughts I have been having for years.
I used to admire Rooney very much.
His decision with that hair nonsense changed everything.

He stopped being the inimitable, lovable force of nature that he was the moment this hair transplant nonsense started.
You've hit the nail on the head, even if not necessarily with the anus hair chemicals theory. But it was his fall from grace, and I'm willing to believe it impacted his performances as well on some hitherto scientifically unexplainable level. He hasn't been world class ever since.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Aw, maybe it's cuz I'm a Dad myself, or maybe because of nostalgia, but that picture just sums up the 'original Rooney' - that cheeky Evertonian wonder-kid who played with such freedom.

I bet when he was 12 he was better than most 16-18 year olds in any academy in the country.

He was great. Needs to retire from Internationals and try to get his focus back - in a realistic way.

Dante

Average bang
It's up to him to realise he's finished. What irks most fans is that he still wants to play an important role even though he lacks the ability anymore. His presence serves only his desire to break records, England do not need him at all, not on the pitch at least.
His desire and passion for the game is too high? I presume you still hold onto the conspiracy theories that he has must-play clauses in his contract, and that the media is totally on his side and will attack anyone who has a go at him?

Those are the only ways his desire and passion would be a bad thing. Unless you want to make up some other conspiracy theory to explain it away.

stevoc

Footballer in wanting to play football shocker, what a cnut.

stevoc

Has he had a facelift or botox? In the left pic, his eyebrows are raised and forehead crinkled. In the right, he's got some weird arched eyebrow thing going on.
Yeah the difference between the two photos is striking, it's almost as if he can move the muscles in his face to form different facial expressions.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
It makes you wonder how he will cope when he hangs his boots up. I cannot see him being a Gary Neville with a business empire. He will need to get straight back into football almost immediately as I think he will go nuts without it through boredom.

buckooo1978

What do you expect him to do.... Hey United, tear up that contract....I'm not good enough

He wants to play and you can't blame him for that

He's been an important player in all his career - any player with pride would find it hard to take a back seat but he hasnt been mouthing off about being on the bench for United

Thats all besides the point..... given what he's contributed to club and country he deserves better than being booed for mediocre performances

Its the manager who is to blame for picking him

clarkydaz

Because all footballers tell the media they want to change positons at the top level then moan about not being given a fair chance, when they indeed did have a chance and looked terrible

Galactic

Incorrigible pest
OK hear me out.

Sure it sounds ridiculous. But compare early Euro 2004 Rooney - vigorous, energetic, alert - to the pasty, pudding faced potato that waddles around the pitch now looking sweaty and confused. What happened that lead to this inexplicable decline?

Could Rooney have been poisoned by the bum-hair transplant?!

The facts:

2010 was the last year that Rooney showed any consistent high quality in his play.

His treatment for receding hair began in 2011, using a highly controversial and experimental technique of grafting the hair from rooneys buttocks, gooch and anus onto the crown of his head, in close proximity to Rooney's brain.

Everyone knows that anus hair is different to normal head hair. Maybe the former produces some kind of chemical which can penetrate the blood brain barrier and severely retard brain function.

At the moment I am not sure of the accuracy of this line of thought, and it remains strictly theory.
I have the same thought for years now. Never got the guts to start a thread on it though. So, well done to you :D

There are indeed theories on this albeit never proven. You just don't mess with nature unless to save life.

But in all seriousness, he is just burnt-out. Simple as.

stevoc

Because all footballers tell the media they want to change positons at the top level then moan about not being given a fair chance, when they indeed did have a chance and looked terrible
He did all that did he, he told the media this or they asked him a question and he answered it? When did he moan about not being given a fair chance then? Not saying he didn't just don't recall reading it.

Besides Van Gaal spent the best part of two seasons playing him on and off in midfield, then Hodgson followed suit. And pundits have been banging on for a good 10 years about him eventually dropping back into midfield. Can hardly blame him for thinking it would be the natural move for him.

BocaJuniors

Its the beginning of the end, the shlong juice covered hair is now exerting a negative influence on his brain waves.

clarkydaz

He did all that did he, he told the media this or they asked him a question and he answered it? When did he moan about not being given a fair chance then? Not saying he didn't just don't recall reading it.

Besides Van Gaal spent the best part of two seasons playing him on and off in midfield, then Hodgson followed suit. And pundits have been banging on for a good 10 years about him eventually dropping back into midfield. Can hardly blame him for thinking it would be the natural move for him.
You havnt been reading the media this week I assume :lol:

JTW95

Gullible sausage
We should have showed him a picture of Zinedine Zidane and explain the bald can still be great!

Vashu

Predicted Sanchez's signing announcement
This was the queen among Rooney threads, however it's descended into another dogfight.

Minimalist

Looks so unfit compared to back then.

Using that image to make my point here. The idea he has legit excuses for not being in this shape in 2016 is wrong. It's flat out wrong.

He's 30, not fecking 40 or 50. There's athletes everywhere older than him in much better shape. Keane was always in great nick in his later years as an example.

He's a horrible example of an athlete, especially one that has been so pandered to with grossly exaggerated wages. It's his one fecking job and he should be rightly heavily criticised for not putting in the necessary work to accomplish it. It's disrespectful to United ultimately, beyond himself.

stevoc

You havnt been reading the media this week I assume :lol:
Guilty mate, i don't read tabloids. And don't really follow football news in general these days, i only really keep track of things through the Caf.

Coops73

He has played more games at senior level at 31 than Gary Neville played by the time he retired. Over 200 more I think. Thats the reason for the decline. Miles on the engine.
Nah, I'm going with the arse hair theory and quite frankly if he's had his gooch grafted that could go some way of explaining his bad first touch, I hear a gooch graft onto the cranium can have some serious side effects, a bloke down my local had one done and after a few beers he can't tell his arse from his elbow and starts to talk utter bollocks.

Nucks

RT History Department
Using that image to make my point here. The idea he has legit excuses for not being in this shape in 2016 is wrong. It's flat out wrong.

He's 30, not fecking 40 or 50. There's athletes everywhere older than him in much better shape. Keane was always in great nick in his later years as an example.

He's a horrible example of an athlete, especially one that has been so pandered to with grossly exaggerated wages. It's his one fecking job and he should be rightly heavily criticised for not putting in the necessary work to accomplish it. It's disrespectful to United ultimately, beyond himself.
You're clueless.

Rooney was training like a first team professional at 16, possibly even 14 or 15.

He was playing first team football in the Premier League at 16.

Most professionals don't reach that level until their early 20's. He might be thirty, but he has the wear and tear of someone who is 35-36 maybe even 37.

His style of play was also aggressive and physical. That adds even more abuse to the body. Here is a tip, bodies don't break down just from age, they break down from use. There are 22 year olds with arthritic knees from American football. How dare those kids have arthritic knees. They are a disgrace not actively taking care of their bodies...

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Rooney burst onto the scene as a teenager with the body and skill of a man. I think he holds a "Nigerian passport" and is actually 42 years old.
This would be a better conspiracy theory and explain why he was so good when he was young and declined at such an early age.

Minimalist

You're clueless.

Rooney was training like a first team professional at 16, possibly even 14 or 15.

He was playing first team football in the Premier League at 16.

Most professionals don't reach that level until their early 20's. He might be thirty, but he has the wear and tear of someone who is 35-36 maybe even 37.

His style of play was also aggressive and physical. That adds even more abuse to the body. Here is a tip, bodies don't break down just from age, they break down from use. There are 22 year olds with arthritic knees from American football. How dare those kids have arthritic knees. They are a disgrace not actively taking care of their bodies...
How does any of that address him being blatantly overweight? I mean I'm genuinely curious being clueless and all.

Fiskey

Can't stop thinking about David Nugent's hot naked
How does any of that address him being blatantly overweight? I mean I'm genuinely curious being clueless and all.
Met him not too long ago, genuinely is in pretty good shape when you see him.