Could Utd be sold soon?

sam147

No one is saying that Saudis are bad people. People of Saudi are just regular people. Most fans here have a problem being owned by their ruling family though. Like I would have equally grave concerns if we were going to be owned by US government.
Ownership means absolutely nothing. We wont be run by blood money. People fail to understand United make their own revenue. All the Saudis would do is invest it back into the club rather than take dividends. Our fans like to turn their nose up at people who would improve the club, same fans who only moan about glazers when we are losing. Prawn sandwich eating snobs.

Coops73

Just out of curiosity, does anyone remember how the story of the Glazer takeover broke and how long it took for it to finally happen? I can’t really remember how it came about and it’d be interesting to see if there are any similarities to what’s happening now with these rumours etc.

Rednotdead

Of course doesn’t everyone go and first ask where the crude oil that was used to produce the fuel you are about purchase was sourced from, before deciding whether or not to buy?

Because obviously if you don’t it means you are not allowed to have an opinion on any country that sells oil.
No, it demonstrates that the "morality" argument can be selective.

Kapardin

so sky saying Bin Selman's offer of 3 bn will be rejected and the Glazers wont discuss any price below 4 bn. Then it is a matter of time I guess.
4 billion is peanuts if he offered 3 already. Unfortunately, he has his eyes set on us.

City fans gonna have a ball on Twitter if this happens.

El Zoido

4 billion is peanuts if he offered 3 already. Unfortunately, he has his eyes set on us.

City fans gonna have a ball on Twitter if this happens.
They’re not much better. They probably don’t really want this to happen as it’ll make us much more competitive.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Is there a chance that Brexit and how it affects rates of exchange etc, interest, transfers might be making the Glazers have itchy feet?

Infra-red

Just out of curiosity, does anyone remember how the story of the Glazer takeover broke and how long it took for it to finally happen? I can’t really remember how it came about and it’d be interesting to see if there are any similarities to what’s happening now with these rumours etc.
They purchased their first shares on March 3rd 2003. It took until June 28th 2005 for them to take full ownership of the club.

Coops73

They purchased their first shares on March 3rd 2003. It took until June 28th 2005 for them to take full ownership of the club.
I’m guessing that if this Saudi mob want to buy United they’ll just rock up with a shit load of cash, so to speak, and it’d be a pretty quick affair?

SAFMUTD

It would be great if the Glazers sell the team, clearly they manage this club as a business and we are not going in the right direction sportwise. They have managed to potition ManUtd brand as the biggest, or at least one of the top 3 sports brands in the world. We are the most powerful club in the world when it comes to revenew but we have not even being a world top 10 club from the last 6 years. They have made clear that the goal is to make money and in order to do that all the team needs is to qualify to the champions league.

A very mediocre goal for a team as big as United. They are not going to invest or act to compete with City, simply because like Woodward said "success or failure on the field has almost no impact on the club's financial" so we may very well get used to have seasons like the last 6, were success if now reached if we reach the top 4.

United being sold to the Arabs will mean that they will invest on the team and bring the best in the market, we will compete with the biggest teams again. Arabs don´t care about the money, they do not run the clubs as bussiness, they use them for exposure and for that they need their team always winning. I know there is the thing about morality and where the money comes from but, purely from the sports point of view, the club being owned by arabs would be great.

I don´t know about you but I´m tired of seeing the same lame performances from my team. So yeah, I would very much support this.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
I would not mind if we were being sold to a private business family from anywhere. But the club being owned by a regime, especially one that is one of the most oppressive regimes in the world with massive human rights violations just cannot be even a consideration. I for one would find it hard to support United if this happened.
We’d all have to engage Trump mode

Fake news!

Good people!

Jose would have to be careful not to lose his head

Infra-red

Not sure how I'd feel. Unfortunately it's the way things are going.

I can see how Paris can be attractive to build a club there. The future might be more capitals who before don't have the history and those who accept to be bought. If we don't accept then someone else will and how long can you compete for?

Also what United needs down the line is an imposing 80-90k stadium with much better views from the high up seats. Could be a good way to get investment into this part of the city and even build a stadium for the women's team.
Relying on a country that is 100 years behind the civilised world when it comes to women's rights to build a stadium for our women's team? Not sure that's the best plan.

Infra-red

I’m guessing that if this Saudi mob want to buy United they’ll just rock up with a shit load of cash, so to speak, and it’d be a pretty quick affair?
Yes, I'd assume so. The ownership situation is also simpler than it was in 2003.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
I agree If they can afford to 3bn - then 4bn is neither here nor there.
MBS spent £452 million on a yacht not too long ago. If he wants United, that’s that.

Coops73

MBS spent £452 million on a yacht not too long ago. If he wants United, that’s that.

Well if this is true and it actually happens, I’ll wager Pogba suddenly decides that the Spanish sun really can’t compare to the Manchester rain and Lukaku is probably on the phone right now to that fat cnut of an agent and telling him to put out a misquote story.

Infra-red

Trizy

Moral high ground or unlimited success? Tough decision.

99.9% of City fans couldn't give a single feck about their slave-driven owners.

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
These are the kind of people that would buy up all world class players, change our chevy shirt logo to Lamborghini, and build us an even bigger stadium with toilets that would clean your assholes for you. feck yeah I’d welcome this intiative to buy is out. United are the real kings of England so we should start acting that way. feck City.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
These are the kind of people that would buy up all world class players, change our chevy shirt logo to Lamborghini, and build us an even bigger stadium with toilets that would clean your assholes for you. feck yeah I’d welcome this intiative to buy is out. United are the real kings of England so we should start acting that way. feck City.
From a pure footballing perspective it'd benefit the club, don't think we'd ever scoff at backing a manager if we had a sugar daddy and we'd be throwing our money at the Mbappe's/Dembele's of the world. It's just not that one-sided though, there's more to this than football really.

stevoc

No, it demonstrates that the "morality" argument can be selective.
It doesn't mate, it shows very little at all really. People need to get to work, school, hospital etc. they have no easy way of knowing where their diesel/petrol is from. For what it's worth if you are in the UK like me, then the majority of the Fuel in the UK comes shock horror the UK's own operations in the north sea. Of the Oil that the UK does import most of it is from Norway and then Russia , Nigeria and other african countries. Very little of the UK's oil comes from the middle east.

As has been said earlier in this thread you don't have to take a stand against everything to make a stand against something.

Fazer

If this buyout were to happen, would United not be affected by FFP regulations with regards transfers? Meaning would we be late to the party?

SirAF

Ageist
From a pure footballing perspective it'd benefit the club, don't think we'd ever scoff at backing a manager if we had a sugar daddy and we'd be throwing our money at the Mbappe's/Dembele's of the world. It's just not that one-sided though, there's more to this than football really.
The owners wouldn’t even have to invest - just let the club spend what it generates.

AltiUn

If this buyout were to happen, would United not be affected by FFP regulations with regards transfers? Meaning would we be late to the party?
Due to our revenue I think we'd be okay, City consistently outspend us and have a lower revenue stream and haven't faced any recent FFP sanctions.

Coops73

Surely we make enough through our commercial shenanigans for that to not really affect us? Could be wrong though.

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
I wish we could do all things the “right” way believe me, but football is an over commercialized money pit and we’re just another club in the circus. I’ve accepted this long ago. At least we can say we have history and that we’ve earned our success to this point.

Infra-red

I think Raiola is still his agent and the Roc Nation deal is with relation to everything commercial.
I think, and I'm not 100% sure, he's still with Raiola but signed on with Jay-Z for other branding purposes, I'm not 100% on that but I remember a lot of discussion about it at the time.
Ah I see. Fair enough. I consider myself corrected.

J_XO

Wouldn’t this happen quite quickly if they were genuinely interested? They wouldn’t need to negotiate/penny pinch so I imagine if they are serious about it they’ll do it

AltiUn

I wish we could do all things the “right” way believe me, but football is an over commercialized money pit and we’re just another club in the circus. I’ve accepted this long ago. At least we can say we have history and that we’ve earned our success to this point.
True enough, I'll just consider this to be reaping the rewards even if they're pretty evil, I won't pretend I'll be shedding a tear if major investment leads to major honours in the future.

Neo_Mufc

The money in football is growing at a silly rate. The club is a fat cash cow which is giving what the owners saw.

I very much doubt we will be sold and the Daily Mail is the worst source out there.

reddaz71

This Saudi Prince clearly wants to play real life FM on cheat mode, happily for us he wants to play as Man United :)