Could Utd be sold soon?

rotherham_red

Is there a single recorded instance of anyone not passing the fit and proper person test? Shimawatra passed it, didn't he?
Yeah, but with all due respect they haven't exactly ordered the killing of a journalist and aren't in the 24/7 news cycle the way MBS has been. Not even the spineless PL could find a way to accept him when that is so fresh in everyone's minds...

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Goes without saying that money would be no issue. However, I have massive reservations even away from the moral aspect.

Firstly we don't need anybody's money. We make enough.

Secondly, I feel this would pull the club even further away from the fans. I know it's a complete pipe dream but some day in the next century or whatever it would be good if the fans could get control over the club like other clubs have. The Saudis will never need money or will never bow to pressure because they're not in it for the money and they're gangsters at the other side of the world.

I also worry about us moving further away from our traditions of bringing through young players and we'll end up with some sort of Harlem Globetrotters team. Which some may like.

red thru&thru

People probably see some kind of moral difference between the Glazer and al-Saud families. Can't think why.
So all of a sudden these people have more of a conciuos about the wrong doings of the Saudis when they're linked with us? I wish they had such a concions about the shit goings of a team they supposedly support.

Oh wait, they don't support United now because the Saudis are taking over. Oh wait, they haven't taken over het we'll still support them until they do!

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
So all of a sudden these people have more of a conciuos about the wrong doings of the Saudis when they're linked with us? I wish they had such a concions about the shit goings of a team they supposedly support.

Oh wait, they don't support United now because the Saudis are taking over. Oh wait, they haven't taken over het we'll still support them until they do!
ok

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello

The feck are you on about?

cyberman

Yeah, but with all due respect they haven't exactly ordered the killing of a journalist and aren't in the 24/7 news cycle the way MBS has been. Not even the spineless PL could find a way to accept him when that is so fresh in everyone's minds...
They'll filter it through some dummy corporation.
Aren't the Royal family that owns City not their official owners?
Something like that.

MoBeats

Conspiracy Buff

The feck you talking about? Behave yourself ffs

red thru&thru

Reading what can only very loosely be described as English is one thing. Making sense of it is another thing entirely.
You understood enough to reply originally. Say something constructive about my post or just leave clogging up the post count on the thread!

stevoc

Guys come on, this is a complete nonstarter. Even if, by some freak occurrence, MBS bought the club, how in everything that is holy, will he pass the fit and proper persons test after everything he's done in Yemen and the Khashoggi affair last week? It's never going to happen.
Shinawatra, Abramovich and City's owners passed that test. It basically only checks if you are rich enough to buy a club. The Premier League don't give a feck what you've done.

Is there a single recorded instance of anyone not passing the fit and proper person test? Shimawatra passed it, didn't he?
Louis from One Direction failed it, he didn't have enough funds apparently.

Eckers99

You understood enough to reply originally. Say something constructive about my post or just leave clogging up the post count on the thread!
By asking 'what the feck are you on about?'

That's the exact opposite of understanding. It was a plea for you to make some sense.

stevoc

One thing I don't get is, how are people so disgusted about the SA take over and would walk away from the club, howwever, they're not disgusted with the regime of the current owners and how they're affecting the club?

I'm sure most of these people haven't done jack about protesting against the current regieme!!!
Do the Glazers secretly run a state somewhere where they publicly behead people and dismember journalist's in embassies?

red thru&thru

By asking 'what the feck are you on about?'

That's the exact opposite of understanding. It was a plea for you to make some sense.
You clearly understood or you wouldn't have used such blaspheme when asking the question?! Like I say, reply to the post that got you so upset in the first place or pipe down!

MoBeats

Conspiracy Buff
Something constructive.
One is a regime that routinely cuts heads off people, has waged war on a pretty much defenceless country leaving 13 million people starving and on the brink of extermination and just in this last week has cut a journalist into pieces because it can.
The others made some money off of United.
What you said is to be ridiculed, not debated with "something constructive".

red thru&thru

Something constructive.
One is a regime that routinely cuts heads off people, has waged war on a pretty much defenceless country leaving 13 million people starving and on the brink of extermination and just in this last week has cut a journalist into pieces because it can.
The others made some money off of United.
What you said is to be ridiculed, not debated with "something constructive".
So you're happy that a club you support so much and love is ridiculed?

But you don't mind when the club receives all the Saudi money in sponsorships, do you?

MoBeats

Conspiracy Buff
So you're happy that a club you support so much and love is ridiculed?

But you don't mind when the club receives all the Saudi money in sponsorships, do you?
The club I love and support is ridiculed because of the way we play and the behaviour of our manager.
What Saudi money do we get currently?

stevoc

How about how the Glazers so poorly run the club you supposdly support and love?
The Glazers are running the club poorly? Well thats very subjective since we are the most profitable football team on the planet. But even if they were running it into the ground through sheer incompetence. That still wouldn't make them bad people or nearly as bad as a family who regularly have people killed and tortured would it?

red thru&thru

The club I love and support is ridiculed because of the way we play and the behaviour of our manager.
What Saudi money do we get currently?
So you blame everything on the manger? Not the board for not backing him in the summer? Not the board for the under investment on the football side of things? You don't blame the board for paying of their leveraged debt and taking out £1bn worth of investment in the whole club ranging from improvements to the stadium, facilities etc.

Is that all Jose's fault?

Trizy

Been saying it for years that the next big take over is gonna be from Saudi Arabia.

I was honestly hoping they'd take over A.C. Milan and bring them back to the top. Can't say I'd mind them here. We wouldn't even need their money itd just be great spending all our earned money on players as opposed to Glazers taking millions a year.

red thru&thru

The Glazers are running the club poorly? Well thats very subjective since we are the most profitable football team on the planet. But even if they were running it into the ground through sheer incompetence. That still wouldn't make them bad people or nearly as bad as a family who regularly have people killed and tortured would it?
I was never talking about the integrity of our owners or potential owners, I was talking about the state of our club. So you believe we're a well run club who has not competed for the real top honours for the past 5 years? You're an absolute dream fan for the Glazers.

stubie

Just out of interest why was Man City’s takeover done in a matter of hours? If any bid did come could it all be tied up as quick or something that would drag on for months?

99withaflake

I'm trying to understand what you're saying.

People grow a moral compass when the Saudis are linked to United?
Nope. Fairy sure a lot of people disagreed with much of what happens in Saudi Arabia before last week.

I wish they had a conscious about the way the team is being managed, or the way the club is being run?
Most of the fan base has an opinion about the way things are being managed at the moment.

Some fans don't support United now because the Saudis are taking over?
Not seen many people say that. Being concerned is different to stop supporting your club.

They haven't taken over yet. We'll support them until they do.
Pretty sure most fans aren't going to stop supporting United because of rumours in the media.

No offence, but your post doesn't make much sense, hence why it's being criticised.

Eckers99

You clearly understood or you wouldn't have used such blaspheme when asking the question?! Like I say, reply to the post that got you so upset in the first place or pipe down!
You say that we didn't protest the Glazers' running of the club - you're wrong. There was a campaign to remove them that rumbled on for ages. A lot of United fans don't like the Glazers because they're greedy parasites who've held us back and may have taken part of the club's soul.

But this pales in comparison with the thought of being owned by the kind of regime that has been condemned by Amnesty International for human rights abuses and is currently in the news because it ordered the assassination of a journalist.

The Glazers never personally asked for anyone to be killed, so that gives them a slight moral high ground.

red thru&thru

I'm trying to understand what you're saying.

People grow a moral compass when the Saudis are linked to United?
Nope. Fairy sure a lot of people disagreed with much of what happens in Saudi Arabia before last week.

I wish they had a conscious about the way the team is being managed, or the way the club is being run?
Most of than fan base has an opinion about the way things are being managed at the moment.

Some fans don't support United now because the Saudis are taking over?
Not seen many people say that. Being concerned is different to stop supporting your club.

They haven't taken over yet. We'll support them until they do.
Pretty sure most fans aren't going to stop supporting United because of rumours in the media.

No offence, but your post doesn't make much sense, hence why it's being criticised.
With all due respect, I have repeatedly read people say they would stop supporting the club if the Saudis took over. Go look over the previous 19 previous pages. That is who my post is aimed at!

But thank you for your comments.

red thru&thru

You say that we didn't protest the Glazers' running of the club - you're wrong. There was a campaign to remove them that rumbled on for ages. A lot of United fans don't like the Glazers because they're greedy parasites who've held us back and may have taken part of the club's soul.

But this pales in comparison with the thought of being owned by the kind of regime that has been condemned by Amnesty International for human rights abuses and is currently in the news because it ordered the assassination of a journalist.

The Glazers never personally asked for anyone to be killed, so that gives them a slight moral high ground.
So are people still campaigning against the Glazers? How are they doing this? What would they do differently to what they're doing now, if the Saudis took over?

decorativeed

I'm fairly sure it's the FA who do the tests, isn't it?

jymufc20

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
The most shocking part of this whole palaver is that the daily star seems to have got a scoop on something.

red thru&thru

Imagine how that would go down? England and most of the western civilisation do business with MBS butbhe would then failing a proper persons test?!

But agree, a lot will depend on the recent events of the killing of the journalist?!

Eckers99

So are people still campaigning against the Glazers? How are they doing this? What would they do differently to what they're doing now, if the Saudis took over?
People are sadly resigned to The Glazers - the opposition burnt itself out.

If this regime took over there'd probably be a period of protest followed by the same weary acceptance as the big names arrive. We'd become everthing we throw at city and find a sickly balance between success and self-loathing.

stevoc

I was never talking about the integrity of our owners or potential owners,
Um ok, you did say you don't get why people would be disgusted at the Saudi's taking over but are not disgusted at the Glazers right?

I'm sure most United fans have reservations about the Glazers, but peoples objections to a Saudi takeover will not be about football related matters. Like it is with the Glazers.

I was talking about the state of our club. So you believe we're a well run club who has not competed for the real top honours for the past 5 years? You're an absolute dream fan for the Glazers.
On the financial side of things yes obviously otherwise we wouldn't be making more money than Real and Barca despite not winning the League or Champions League in the last 5 years.

Do i think United are a well run club overall? No, obviously the football side of things has not been going to plan. Mostly due to the club and Woodward hiring useless cnuts like Moyes and crackpots like Van Gaal. But do we really know how much the Glazers have to do with the day to day running of any aspect of the club. No we don't so i'm not going to completely blame them for the clubs struggles post SAF.

Last edited:

sam147

Moral high ground or unlimited success? Tough decision.

99.9% of City fans couldn't give a single feck about their slave-driven owners.
I dont see why United would care. Unlike City we earn our own revenue. All they'd do is put that back into the club rather than leech it. Fingers crossed it happens!