Couple who killed Arthur Labinjo-Hughes jailed

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
They need feeding to a pack of hungry fecking dogs.

United Hobbit

Hope they are made to burn in hell and get what's coming to them in jail.

Poor child never stood a chance, his mother was a murderer as well.

Sounds like there were failings on so many levels I hope a serious case review takes place

I saw a cracking suggestion on another forum, that there should be more safeguarding awareness for the general public eg the signs to look for in ad breaks/ who to contact etc. Unless you're in a role where you work with children you don't get any safety training/ what to look for. Maybe, just maybe, if greater awareness of "it could happen here" had been highlighted to the general public, he could have been saved. Surely these people had neighbours etc?

Is there not a life sentence in England?
Life sentences usually have a minimum term, before they can apply for parole anything low end might be 13-15 years minimum and highest 40 years anything above that would just be a whole life never get out but very rare.
29 years is actually a lot relative to what they would have got 15-20 years ago. There are sex murders with 2 victims from the 70, 80s etc who have been released. It’s only in the past few years that sentences have started to look half proper. I think first started with minimum 30 years for firearms murder during the 00s, that then made them look at sentencing for types of murders to keep things proportionate

Tarrou

Denis79

Life sentences usually have a minimum term, before they can apply for parole anything low end might be 13-15 years minimum and highest 40 years anything above that would just be a whole life never get out but very rare.
29 years is actually a lot relative to what they would have got 15-20 years ago. There are sex murders with 2 victims from the 70, 80s etc who have been released. It’s only in the past few years that sentences have started to look half proper. I think first started with minimum 30 years for firearms murder during the 00s, that then made them look at sentencing for types of murders to keep things proportionate
Thanks for the in-depth explanation.

TheLiverBird

I find this case very hard to dip into, I’m skimmed it enough to get the most but that’s all I can bare.

As a father of a 2 year old, I just couldn’t imagine any harm coming to him in such an awful manor, the thought of what this poor beautiful boy had to go through literally snaps me in 2 and makes me so incredibly angry these cowards breath the same air as me and all of us.

To think there a people like Robert Maudsley who is in prison for life (whole life tariff) and almost permanently in a glass box 23 hours a day underneath the prison he resides in for killing Child abusers…..makes me think these individuals that brutally treated and killed this young boy have got it very light in comparison!

Not in anyway condoning Robert Maudsley, he of course deserves to be in prison, regardless to who he supposedly killed (child abusers), his sentence is exactly what these scum require

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
You know when both sets of grandparents are reporting them to child services it must be bad.

No doubt they put on a smile and pretended they were outstanding people when the inspectors turned up.

How can you have so much hatred inside you that you want to do such cruel things?

Reading that the girl used in court a defence of "it's his fault for constantly whinging".... jesus christ.

oates

No one is a match for his two masters degrees
Scout
Supports
Arsenal
Reading that the girl used in court a defence of "it's his fault for constantly whinging".... jesus christ.
Oddly not without cause - constantly thirsty from being made to eat salt, feeling unwell from eating salt, being made to stand rigidly to attention in the hallway for 14+ hours a day, hurting from dozens and dozens of bruises, being made to sleep on the floor, being threatened with murder by his father and step-mother, seeing the other children in the house given love and affection.

To talk about the sentences the killers received, Life Sentences were altered because it was considered cruel that the prisoner had no hope of ever being released, a minimum before being considered for parole was made the norm. They don't have to give her parole, she can rot in prison but I wouldn't want her to top herself because she had no hope whatsoever.

I'm really hopeful the Attorney General or whomever decides, to appeal the father's sentence and give him a similar one to the woman's. To my mind he should be punished at the same rate because he was the boy's father, his duty was to protect his son, not encourage and plan his murder, not threaten his son with taking his jaw off, filling him in or burying him. He should suffer every day for the rest of his life. Just as his son did.

Oldyella

You know when both sets of grandparents are reporting them to child services it must be bad.

No doubt they put on a smile and pretended they were outstanding people when the inspectors turned up.

How can you have so much hatred inside you that you want to do such cruel things?

That this happened and the case ended up how it did... awful awful case, not one for wishing violence on people but I hope some prisoner or another gets their hands on them.

Gazautd18

Heartbreaking this is.
Hope they find no peace ever.
Should never be released.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Oddly not without cause - constantly thirsty from being made to eat salt, feeling unwell from eating salt, being made to stand rigidly to attention in the hallway for 14+ hours a day, hurting from dozens and dozens of bruises, being made to sleep on the floor, being threatened with murder by his father and step-mother, seeing the other children in the house given love and affection.

To talk about the sentences the killers received, Life Sentences were altered because it was considered cruel that the prisoner had no hope of ever being released, a minimum before being considered for parole was made the norm. They don't have to give her parole, she can rot in prison but I wouldn't want her to top herself because she had no hope whatsoever.

I'm really hopeful the Attorney General or whomever decides, to appeal the father's sentence and give him a similar one to the woman's. To my mind he should be punished at the same rate because he was the boy's father, his duty was to protect his son, not encourage and plan his murder, not threaten his son with taking his jaw off, filling him in or burying him. He should suffer every day for the rest of his life. Just as his son did.
Reading it all just sounds horrendeous doesn't it. I wish I didn't hear the voice clips of him as it makes it all the more real.

That this happened and the case ended up how it did... awful awful case, not one for wishing violence on people but I hope some prisoner or another gets their hands on them.
Saying nobody loves me or nobody is going to feed me just knocked me for 6. You can only imagine how scared and lost the poor boy must have felt.

These 'people' are beyond human kindness IMO. I hope they both get beaten to a pulp every single day, and are felt to feel as scared and worthless as they made that little boy. It would only be fair justice.

oates

No one is a match for his two masters degrees
Scout
Supports
Arsenal
Reading it all just sounds horrendeous doesn't it. I wish I didn't hear the voice clips of him as it makes it all the more real.
It's been days and I can't stop hearing it.

Bit dramatic maybe but I'd thought my capacity to be upset by something like this had somehow hardened.

Peter van der Gea

Likes Pineapple on well done Steak
Social services in this country is fecked.

I am a childhood abuse survivor. 14 years of shit like poor Arthur had. Obviously, I have complex PTSD. Problem with that is I get triggered and I get flashbacks, so if I get triggered during an argument, I go from 0 to 60 quicker than a formula one car. Its something I have to be wary of every minute of my life.

About 8 years ago things got bad between me and my wife, no violence, but loads of arguments. A neighbour called social services. Nothing other than normal disagreements have happened since, but social services have been on our case for 8 years. Both of my daughters present extremely well, both to social services and school, but they won't drop it. Because I was abused, I'm a risk, apparently.

This prick was reported multiple times, he still was ignored by social services.

The difference between me and him? He's white, I'm not.

Tarrou

Hard to imagine how the system could allow this to happen

They should never be released, I just can’t imagine how people this fecked up could ever be rehabilitated

Denis79

I find this case very hard to dip into, I’m skimmed it enough to get the most but that’s all I can bare.

As a father of a 2 year old, I just couldn’t imagine any harm coming to him in such an awful manor, the thought of what this poor beautiful boy had to go through literally snaps me in 2 and makes me so incredibly angry these cowards breath the same air as me and all of us.

To think there a people like Robert Maudsley who is in prison for life (whole life tariff) and almost permanently in a glass box 23 hours a day underneath the prison he resides in for killing Child abusers…..makes me think these individuals that brutally treated and killed this young boy have got it very light in comparison!

Not in anyway condoning Robert Maudsley, he of course deserves to be in prison, regardless to who he supposedly killed (child abusers), his sentence is exactly what these scum require
As a father myself it's beyond me how these people can even be considered for releasement in society again.

Garethw

I hope the screws turn a blind eye and let the inmates rip them both to pieces.

Peter van der Gea

Another victim to not make it to being a survivor.

It doesn't fecking stop.

I made it to being a survivor and I have my own kids, and by fluke I am.

My mum was probably post natal, and she had 3 under 5, so it was tough for her. But I was the middle child, and I was a boy, unlike my two sisters. Ergo, the depression was laid out on me. What I found out later was there was generational abuse going on. Not just physical.

My mum continued to batter me, from before I can remember, until I left the house to go to uni. Her favourites were the pipe of the Henry hoover, pans, the handle of the feather duster, that kind of stuff. Locking me in cupboards and rooms and boxes were also her penchant, especially as I got older. My first ever stitches were after she'd locked me in the kitchen before school and I accidentally broke the glass asking her to let me out. I also did most of the work around the house and garden. My dad was the arbitrate of static punishment. That's why this Arthur thing is triggering like feck. That nose against the wall for hours. fecking hell. But, he'd also boot me in the kidneys when I was on the floor and break my nose on my 21st birthday. So he wasn't averse to a little violence.

When I was 11, the generational abuse really came to front, my cousin, who from what I can gather was probably raped by his father, raped me. His father had repeatedly raped his younger brother and sisters. My mum was the eldest. I don't know how many times it happened, that whole summer was a blur.

It was probably that that stopped me just taking it, starting to fight back. Not cos of me, but because I have my little sister and other younger cousins from the same family. And I've been fighting since. Not always in a good way. I've been diagnosed with a mixed personality disorder, which is caused by complex PTSD. I have been horrible to everyone I love.

People like this need to be caught much earlier, you get checkups regularly in the first year, but it's only for the kids, no one is asking about the parents. To use a phrase "a stitch in time saves nine"

Garethw

It doesn't fecking stop.

My mum was probably post natal, and she had 3 under 5, so it was tough for her. But I was the middle child, and I was a boy, unlike my two sisters. Ergo, the depression was laid out on me. What I found out later was there was generational abuse going on. Not just physical.

My mum continued to batter me, from before I can remember, until I left the house to go to uni. Her favourites were the pipe of the Henry hoover, pans, the handle of the feather duster, that kind of stuff. Locking me in cupboards and rooms and boxes were also her penchant, especially as I got older. My first ever stitches were after she'd locked me in the kitchen before school and I accidentally broke the glass asking her to let me out. I also did most of the work around the house and garden. My dad was the arbitrate of static punishment. That's why this Arthur thing is triggering like feck. That nose against the wall for hours. fecking hell. But, he'd also boot me in the kidneys when I was on the floor and break my nose on my 21st birthday. So he wasn't averse to a little violence.

When I was 11, the generational abuse really came to front, my cousin, who from what I can gather was probably raped by his father, raped me. His father had repeatedly raped his younger brother and sisters. My mum was the eldest. I don't know how many times it happened, that whole summer was a blur.

It was probably that that stopped me just taking it, starting to fight back. Not cos of me, but because I have my little sister and other younger cousins from the same family. And I've been fighting since. Not always in a good way. I've been diagnosed with a mixed personality disorder, which is caused by complex PTSD. I have been horrible to everyone I love.

People like this need to be caught much earlier, you get checkups regularly in the first year, but it's only for the kids, no one is asking about the parents. To use a phrase "a stitch in time saves nine"
I’m so sorry to read this mate. Bless your heart.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member

It doesn't fecking stop.

No words, brother.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006

It doesn't fecking stop.

Its heartbreaking to know anyone had to go through a tenth of this.

And to go on, survive, rise above it, and not let it repeat in your life.

I cant even imagine what it must have been like, but you survived it and that's the best "feck you" ever to the sick fecks who were responsible for inflicting it on you.

One thing I know about the Caf is that you'll get nothing but respect for sharing that, and I hope that helps you even the tiniest bit.

Garethw

Thanks guys. To be honest I was debating with my wife why I was posting this and your responses are literally it.
You’ll find zero judgement on here mate. There’s an incredible network of individuals that pull together and support each other.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Maybe being simplistic (and I know it’s not always good to generalise) but I’ve never understood the “full life sentences deny a murderer a chance of parole and can limit a chance of rehabilitation” rationale… you murder someone, you spend life in prison and lose the chance of rehabilitation. Seems ok to me…. the Bulger case and release/change of identity still annoys me to this day.

When it’s a child, just feels multiple times worse (its the helplessness and innocence I think) … as someone said above, I hope they get the shit kicked out of them day after day after day after day in prison, and the rest of their lives are a constant world of pain.

@Peter van der Gea … I’ve got no idea what you went through/still go through but thanks for sharing, all the best (and as I type that, it sounds so lame)

Denis79

It doesn't fecking stop.

Reading this was like a punch in the gut.. Takes strength and courage to speak about something like this and I thank you for sharing. Stay strong.

Peter van der Gea

Its heartbreaking to know anyone had to go through a tenth of this.

And to go on, survive, rise above it, and not let it repeat in your life.

I cant even imagine what it must have been like, but you survived it and that's the best "feck you" ever to the sick fecks who were responsible for inflicting it on you.

One thing I know about the Caf is that you'll get nothing but respect for sharing that, and I hope that helps you even the tiniest bit.
You’ll find zero judgement on here mate. There’s an incredible network of individuals that pull together and support each other.
Reading this was like a punch in the gut.. Takes strength and courage to speak about something like this and I thank you for sharing. Stay strong.

Thank you. And I decided that you guys are like this, that's why I posted this. But my story is done. So is Arthur's. Differently, but done.

I have no idea how to stop this happening again. I stopped it in my family, but that's just a few out of thousands, millions. Its so much.

@BeforeKeanetherewasRobson , the Jamie Bulger case was one of the first time I understood that there are bad people. I think it was Venables who was the same age as me. And this was back then when the whole family watched the 8 or 9 o'clock news.

And dude, it's not lame, it's much appreciated

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout

It doesn't fecking stop.

It takes the greatest amount of courage to even put your ordeals into words, let alone air them on a public forum; anyone who would use such a post against you would be banned, succinctly.

It may be a form of catharsis for you, but on a forum of this size, there's no doubt your words have the potential to aid others who have been through the same thing and give them a sense that they are not alone, and can reach out to people like yourself it they wish to.

Kudos to you.

Peter van der Gea

It takes the greatest amount of courage to even put your ordeals into words, let alone air them on a public forum; anyone who would use such a post against you would be banned, succinctly.

It may be a form of catharsis for you, but on a forum of this size, there's no doubt your words have the potential to aid others who have been through the same thing and give them a sense that they are not alone, and can reach out to people like yourself it they wish to.

Kudos to you.
Thanks man, and the size of this forum was a massive part of my decision to post this, not about the catharsis, which I didn't even expect.