Court finds Marlon King guilty of both assault and sexual assault in London nightclub

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
Take into account his entire criminal past and the fact that it was thought necesaary to put him onto the sex offenders register and i would beg to differ.

As i said before, the jury were not in a position to know but we are.
We being in a position to know changes nothing. Once he has done his time. There is little else one can do to stop him playing again. Apart from clubs just deciding not to sign him ever again out of their own free will.

CircusMonkey

His criminal record should have been enough to have stopped clubs from wanting him to represent them. The clubs he played for either didnt care or didnt do any background work on Kings personality.

And if YOU had a criminal record that included theft,fraud, and numerous accounts of assault against women/police officers. YOU would have trouble finding any type of employment. So why should Mr King be treated any different?

even tho hes been sacked by Wigan he will still earn 228k from them while in prison.
strange society we live in.

Kinky Melinky

You have to laugh at the fact that he (hopefully) throws away a career in football over this. Serves the bastard right.
Yeah. A career as a footballer is a dream job. It cannot be denied. What a fecking idiot, and over something so stupid

Merman

She's a disgrace!!thinking he is innocent of 13 crimes-please!
Are you trying to say she should leave him because he's a criminal? There are people who don't consider divorce an option at all.

SecondFig

Well he's back out and looking for a new club. Was linked with QPR, but Warnock (QPR manager) has just been on R5 and said that it's rubbish and he's not interested.

His agent is on R5 now, and still going for the sympathy, complaining about how difficult prison was - no mention of apologising, regret etc.

Sadly he will get a club, but I really wish that he wouldn't

MacMUFC

Why didnt Gerrard get this sentence too, the sneaky bastard. They did the same thing! Oh wait, Stevie's was in 'self-defence' :rolleyes:

Mickey

Stop paying attention to this a while ago
tbh, none of us was there so none of us can ever trully know what actually happened.

Regardless of wether he done the crime or not, he served his time and deserves another chance at society and football. We are not perfect human beings, we all make mistakes, so who are we to judge?

Eto'odinho

Retard magnet
His off the field antics and indiscretions aside, he is actually a decent forward who could do a job for at least a third of the teams in the Premiership alone.

oleonenumber20

hard to see what clubs will come in for him. The only way I see him turning his career around is if he plays for free and gives all his wages to charity.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Hopefully he serves all his time, not sure of the sentence he got. But once he serves his time, he can not be denied employment by the FA, he paid his debt to society. I assume most clubs will reject him on principle.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
hard to see what clubs will come in for him. The only way I see him turning his career around is if he plays for free and gives all his wages to charity.
So if he gives nothing to charity then...?

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
He can't be denied, but it'd be refreshing if no-one wanted to touch him with a barge pole

There's a Barry Bonds precedent in Baseball football could look at
It would be refreshing, in the real world, people with criminal backgrounds are disqualified from most jobs that require a measure of personal responsibility

what i see happening, is a club needing reinforcements, buying him on the cheap. Life's a bitch eh?