Coventry City vs Manchester United | FA Cup SF Build-up Thread

CallyRed

That David Busst leg injury, to this day, is the worst one I have ever seen.
For those who have never seen it, warning, its horrific

wolvored

We're in the final. Get in.
I have Wanderers fans in my wifes family and they said the same thing yesterday about going to Wembley for the semis. I watched the game and Coventry were the better side. This isnt a taken for granted win, especially how erratic we play from one game to the next.

CallyRed

It almost made Schmeichel throw up. I can't watch it to this day.
Yeah I remember seeing him on the side of the pitch, retching. Poor guy's career was over after that but thankfully they saved his leg.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Could this be the first FAC semi ever where a team shows up without a positive goal difference?

edit: Watford, Wigan. Been a few.

Josh 76

Banana skin. We need to beat them first and if we do then I’d like to meet City in the final.
City have struggled against Chelsea this season. Their semi final against Chelsea is a few days after their CL game against Real Madrid. Chelsea have nothing to play for in the league. It wouldn't surprise me if it's Manutd V Chelsea final.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
What's Michael Mifsud up to these days?

That David Busst leg injury, to this day, is the worst one I have ever seen.
For those who have never seen it, warning, its horrific
That was a classic case of nominative determinism

Mike Smalling

Every chance to make it three out of four possible domestic cup finals for ETH.

Let's be real, the draws have been really kind to us in this FA Cup run, but who cares. It's another shot at a trophy!

Irrational.

Michael Mifsud, Darren Huckerby, Mustapha Hadji, your boys are going to take one hell of a beating.
Will never forget that pest Mifsud. Fecked off into obscurity after the game of his life against us :mad:

Great chance to reach the final. Hope it’s not against Baldiola, NGY and protractor head.

EC689908

So an FA cup semi-final against a team managed by a man who scored a famous goal in an FA Cup run 33 years ago that led to the start of the Fergie dynasty,

just to put it out there. The FA Cup final takes place on 25th May 2024. The next day? The 25th anniversary of the 1999 Champions League Final where we scored twice in injury time. We do owe City one on that front….

C'est Moi Cantona

That diving header when Coventry beat Spurs in 87 is one of my abiding memories of the FA Cup.

Best draw of course, but not to be underestimated, they were decent against Wolves.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist

Let's be real, the draws have been really kind to us in this FA Cup run, but who cares. It's another shot at a trophy!
Hardly. We just played Liverpool in the quarter final, had an away game vs a premier league side in the previous round, and will have City or Chelsea in the final if we make it.. some lower league games are to be expected. It's been pretty normal. Having to play against possibly both Liverpool and City on the way to win it would be horrible luck

foolsgold

We're going to need to be really up for this, they're not a bad team, remember we're only a penalty away from being in the premier league this season. Showed real character too to win at Wolves. No reason why we don't get it over the line though, really hope we don't have a repeat of last years semi final, couldn't stand another 120 minutes of that.

Speako

Looking forward to this. I was at OT in ‘87 when they knocked us out the cup 0-1, and a 12 year old me has never forgiven them :lol:

romufc

A bit weird to say this. Last season we had Reading and then all other PL clubs in West Ham, Brighton, both PL teams who had really good seasons.

This season, we have Liverpool in the quarter finals. Not that easy.

Mike Smalling

A bit weird to say this. Last season we had Reading and then all other PL clubs in West Ham, Brighton, both PL teams who had really good seasons.

This season, we have Liverpool in the quarter finals. Not that easy.
First a League 1 side, then a League 2 side, then a PL relegation candidate, then a tough one against Liverpool (but at home), and a semi-final against a Championship side. Last year we had four games against Premier League opposition, and one against a Championship side to make it to the final.

Anyway who cares, it's just great that the team gets another Wembley game, and a great shot at a final.

djembatheking

Come on Chelsea!
You never know, City have got the second leg against Real Madrid on the 17th April then play Chelsea on the 20th at Wembley. Hopefully Madrid give them a tough battle and extra time, it might just show in their legs for the Chelsea game.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
We’re the famous Man United and we’re going to Wembley!! (Twice may I add)

DJ_21

You never know, City have got the second leg against Real Madrid on the 17th April then play Chelsea on the 20th at Wembley. Hopefully Madrid give them a tough battle and extra time, it might just show in their legs for the Chelsea game.
This is very interesting to know. So they may have to choose which one to prioritise. However they could already be through after the 1st leg and can chill out on the 2nd leg.

djembatheking

This is very interesting to know. So they may have to choose which one to prioritise. However they could already be through after the 1st leg and can chill out on the 2nd leg.
Possibly, though it is hard to imagine they will have put the tie to bed in The Bernabeu in the first leg.

DJ_21

Possibly, though it is hard to imagine they will have put the tie to bed in The Bernabeu in the first leg.
True. An ideal scenario for us would be Madrid to be leading in the first leg. Then city have to push for it in the second.

Seven Seas Sardines

Came here looking for lineups and all I see are boomers reminiscing over the 80s and 90s..

Onana
Dalot Varane Licha AWB
Mainoo Eriksen
Antony Amad Mount
Rashford

Give rest to Garnacho, Bruno and Höjlund and throw them on in the second half if we're not coasting.

Mike Smalling

Came here looking for lineups and all I see are boomers reminiscing over the 80s and 90s..

Onana
Dalot Varane Licha AWB
Mainoo Eriksen
Antony Amad Mount
Rashford

Give rest to Garnacho, Bruno and Höjlund and throw them on in the second half if we're not coasting.
First of all, it's crazy to post a line-up for a game that's a month away :lol: who knows who will be available, who is in form, etc. Second, we can't underestimate them - they've made it to the semi-final for a reason, and we're not exactly known for being great with key players missing.

Cal?

CR7 fan
There’s no choosing. Everyone prioritizing the CL ahead of the FA Cup.