Coventry City vs Manchester United | FA Cup SF Build-up Thread

Hughie77

Every game for Utd is a tough one, there so unpredictable you don't know what your getting. It wouldn't surprise me at all if Coventry won the game at all.. Utd are at times worse than a Championship side.. Chelsea will huff and puff v City but lose. Shows how predictable football is Man City will probably win the FA cup again ..
The oldest competition in the world and now the most predictable, its realy boring for other teams to try and realy just go through the motions for a Corrupt organisation to just keep winning.. Well done FA

redmanx

This tie should have been a God send to the players, the manager and the Club, meaning no disrespect to Coventry, but even in the euphoria of the Liverpool win there was something in my head telling me that this could be another banana skin, and after the debacle at Brentford I dont expect anything other than defeat.

the real Sky blues

Supports
Coventry City
If you seen us play Cardiff yesterday you would be very confident, we were absolute garbage.

Betson

With our chances of top 4/5 done and dusted this game means everything now , could not care less what happens in the rest of the premier league games.

The only way now to save this horrible season is to win this game and then somehow sneak a win in the final

Red Royal

If somehow Chelsea win vs City then this becomes a huge game, if City win it feels like walking towards an execution. Either way I want us to win of course.

the real Sky blues

Supports
Coventry City
No worries. Just raise your game like cnuts on Saturday. Key is to focus on attacking Maguiro. Also don't bother defending against Antony if he plays. He'll just spin around and stuff.
I think we had better wait til Sunday to become game raising kunts but thanks for the tips.
Got to say since we beat wolves it's like the player's minds have been on this game, we haven't been good by any stretch. Having said that we can be really outstanding without having to raise our game too much.
If your going have a good day out , you really should enjoy being a Man Utd fan, this slump (that we would dream of) won't last forever.

The Brown Bull

It's Coming Home.
Just loving the positivity on here! Do any of you ever go to a game? It's seems unlikely.I doubt some you ever leave the bedroom!

Maticmaker

It would seem as though both Coventry and United have been suffering 'just waiting for the semi to come around' mood; both seem to have dropped their form and both will hope to pick it up on the day.
Whichever one comes nearest will take the day.

As far as the other semi is concerned, Chelsea are showing signs of 'hitting their stride' and if Man City have any 'hangovers' from their encounter with Real Madrid during the week, then there may be a surprise there??

Marcus

It almost made Schmeichel throw up. I can't watch it to this day.
I was there. My first United game. Delayed game for 15 minutes. Yes, Schmeichel covered his eyes and ran to the halfway line. After that he threw a bucket of water to clear the blood from the penalty box. I could see red water splashing up from the ground from 50 metres away.

the real Sky blues

Supports
Coventry City
Having palmer out through suspension is a big loss for us in centre midfield he's a big powerful player we can't replace like for like, but we have Callum O' hare who is a good nippy player with great close control who draws players in and will win a lot of free kicks.
I just personally hope we turn up and let you know you've been in a game and don't just let you run all over us.

the real Sky blues

Supports
Coventry City
Did you see us against Bournemouth? What are your thoughts on Simms? He looks very good.
If you saw Simms at the start of the season you wouldn't have said that. We would have gladly got rid of him if we could have. Now he seems to have settled. He's a strong quick lad , who prefers to play in the box ,but is also willing to chase down defenders and clearances . His first touch can be disappointing and often let's the ball escape him. But good at running at defenders.
Wright looks lazy but is very quick and will score given half a chance.

Reactions: jojojo

Wilt

Who knows with this lot…. Utd win 4-0 or lose 1-0

thisisnottaken1

I was there. My first United game. Delayed game for 15 minutes. Yes, Schmeichel covered his eyes and ran to the halfway line. After that he threw a bucket of water to clear the blood from the penalty box. I could see red water splashing up from the ground from 50 metres away.
It happened before I was even born. The guy nearly lost his leg because he got an MRSA infection in hospital.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
Just loving the positivity on here! Do any of you ever go to a game? It's seems unlikely.I doubt some you ever leave the bedroom!
Not sure what that has to do with anything? Are you suggesting match going fans are generally more optimistic than those who don’t attend games?

erikcred

Not sure what that has to do with anything? Are you suggesting match going fans are generally more optimistic than those who don’t attend games?
Only match going fans are allowed to be negative, for some reason. And maybe there are some rules on how negative even they are allowed to be, depending on where their seats are.

Red Regista

I should really feel up for this, but I actually don't care much tbh.

If we beat them then there is no chance we beat City in a final. If we lose then we've made fools of ourselves.

If someone beatable for this United team were waiting in the final, I'd be really pumped about this semi and also the potential final, but with last year's final still fresh in my memory and City's recent form we've got no hope of beating them.

Cantonagotmehere

Do we have any clue on the health of our defenders?

Looking forward to this, as others have said the Prem is over, does not really matter. Sneaking into a FA Cup final is all I can hope for.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Coventry lost 4-3 to Wrexham last year. They will look to improve on that result against us

The Brown Bull

It's Coming Home.
I'm not a regular match goer anymore unfortunately as I'm retired and living in Dublin but when I did go to matches I found the vast majority of fans I met pretty upbeat.
We are playing Coventry for God's sake. Sure they must be respected but we should be beating them. The table notwithstanding we do have a lot of quality in the side.

the real Sky blues

Supports
Coventry City
It's a free hit for us win we are giant killing heros, lose and mehhh what did you expect.

Maticmaker

It's a free hit for us win we are giant killing heros, lose and mehhh what did you expect.
Very true, United on a 'hiding to nothing', likely to miss out on Europe next season, the managers getting sacked in the morning, lots of United players are going to be shipped out left right and centre in the next transfer window. It seems the new Football orientated owner is more interested in building a 'Wembley of the North' as United's New Old Trafford, using public money... which also actually built the Eithad (Manchester Community Stadium... as was).

Coventry can't lose, United nothing to play for... except pride!!!

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Looking forward to this. Sun out, piss up in London. Utd scoring a few.

Sorry all.

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

I'm not a regular match goer anymore unfortunately as I'm retired and living in Dublin but when I did go to matches I found the vast majority of fans I met pretty upbeat.
We are playing Coventry for God's sake. Sure they must be respected but we should be beating them. The table notwithstanding we do have a lot of quality in the side.
Agreed. Wembley is usually a good day out. Everyone is in good spirits pre-match, regardless of where we are in the table. Couldn't imagine being stuck next to a negative United fan for the duration of the train journey down there.