Craig Burley: OGS is a serial loser and out of his depth

Status
Not open for further replies.

RAVred

Hes a wanker but hes right. The club keeping OGS for the last couple of years only shows the lack of ambition.

OGS is a pretty face that satisfies supporters because of his history with the club so we aren't as harsh with him. Realistically, when if ever will he be expected to win a trophy? If he gets investment this summer I feel like the league or going very deep in the UCL should be the expectation considering the investment and number of years his 'project' has had? Most ambitious teams will sack the manager next year if they don't win the league. And to be honest right now we are looking no where close and the difference in points between us and city flatters us

passing-wind

Solskjaer doesn't have the characteristics of being a winner which is needed in management. It's a different level between being a player and a manager. 2nd place finish is all well and good but another season with nothing to show for. Tuchel has proved that if the right manager is brought in a difference can be made so change shouldn't be feared if necessary.

If Solskjaer is unable to win a major honour next season after further squad investment he should be sacked.

United Hobbit

I haven't time to watch the clip, but he is right Ole is out of his depth

It's not a knee jerk reaction to tonight I've said for a while he's taken us as far as he can

There have been other events eg the Liverpool game where they were there for the taking with injuries and he plays for a draw. Not taking Fred off in the PSG game when we all knew what was going to happen (and did)

He's laid some decent foundations, but it's time to move on to the next stage. We won't though. The other question is who do we get?

Fully Fledged

Craig Burley is a knob why we are quoting him on here is beyond me.
if you want to get somebody slagging off Ole you can come up with better than him.

Skills

Snitch
Sounds harsh when put so bluntly, but the egidnece so far says he's right

always_hoping

Let me guess Craig gave United the kiss of death by tipping them to win the Europa league and then had his pre planned rant mostly about Solskjaer ready and waiting once United lost that sudden death penalty shootout loss.

United Hobbit

He's also just a bit too nice. I know all the players say how good a man manager he is, but unfortunate to win the big prizes that's not enough, you need it in addition to that ruthless mentality.

Sir Alex, Klopp possibly Pep they are all good man managers, look at all the things said about Sir Alex and adapting his approach for each players circumstances at the time.

But they all have that "nasty" ruthless streak in them which makes them winners, even Jose had it, but lacked with the man management skills, but he won multiple trophies throughout his career. Not taking off DDG for penalties is an example of this

For those who watch the F1, Ole reminds me a bit of Bottas. Safe bet, bit wet, will get you a podium finish but too safe and lacking that cutting edge to win the title.

We need a manager the equivalent of Hamilton now, Ole's stabilised the team but now its time to kick on and challenge to win trophies, or it could end up destabilising us with the likes of Bruno wanting to leave so they can win things. We should be the ones they are winning things with

dove

He is obviously a cnut but seriously it's hard to argue with anything he said. It's what most of us has been saying for months.
You have a man who should not be managing Manchester United, he's a serial loser. He's now lost a final, he's been popped out of 4 semifinals at least, they were all out of all the domestic competitions, they were in a good place in the Champions League group stages and they blew that as well. His team selection was awful, Rashford didn't look right, then he kept him on and took off Greenwood off. He's out of this depth. Tonight is absolute truth, if that's needed, that Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is only managing this club because he's a former player.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Facts. I’m always confused by people who have no critical thinking and accept/reject what someone says based on if they like them or not.

He’s an idiot, but in this instance, he’s spot on.
I have nothing more to add. Forget the messenger. Listen to what he said.

Will Singh

Hate to cnut but hard not to agree, Ole is completely out of he’s depth. With the players he’s got he ain’t done nothing any other manager would have. Look at the starting 11 Mourinho won the Europa League with for prospective abs ask yourself if Mourinho had this team what could have been achieved?

ps.Not a Mourinho fan but facts are facts!

Handré1990

Our second place finish is a smoke screen. That is the biggest truth that a lot of fans don't understand. Our point tally this season would have gotten us 3rd or below in the past few seasons. Ole really hasn't made any progress this season because Liverpool and Chelsea imploded. In reality we are just going sideways with heavy reliance on penalties and Bruno. Ole is a great con artist, But I have seen through it since the night at Paris and the aftermath of it.
Another Amadaeus moment.

Nero

How on earth does Craig Burley's opinion get it's own thread.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Our second place finish is a smoke screen. That is the biggest truth that a lot of fans don't understand. Our point tally this season would have gotten us 3rd or below in the past few seasons. Ole really hasn't made any progress this season because Liverpool and Chelsea imploded. In reality we are just going sideways with heavy reliance on penalties and Bruno. Ole is a great con artist, But I have seen through it since the night at Paris and the aftermath of it.
The 2nd place this season is like the 2nd place under Mourinho (less worse because City were that much better then). We're so far from the top in terms of points that you cannot even enjoy this

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Craig Burley!

A guy most well known for doing a ludicrous donkey kick back pass in a big FA Cup tie and gifting us the game!

DoomSlayer

On the contrary, it's pretty easy to disagree with much of it because it's Craig fecking Burley saying it.

Does Ole deserve criticism for the final? Absolutely. Does that poor final negate all the progress that has been made this year? Absolutely not.

Anyone saying otherwise is just being knee jerk, and reactionary.
Progress? What progress are you talking about.

We started and finished the season awfully, the final was always the real test to show actual progress.

We won't buy any proper additions to the squad and I fully expect this loss to demoralise the team. My feeling is next season will be similar to Mourinho's last one.

sugar_kane

For anyone wondering why Craig Burley is such a little ABU shitbag, as he gifts us the winner in an FA Cup Semi Final with an extraordinary piece of incompetence:

Not sure what is exact beef with Ole is, but the fact we have a thread based on a quote from this dick tells you everything you need to know about Red Cafe in 2021.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
:lol: Craig Burley, never won a thing in his lfe
Which means that he has experience in not winning and potentially spotting felow losers. He is pretty much like most of us and I'm pretty sure that we can spot things that we aren't.

GenericUtdfan

Why are we as United fans always attacking people who make good points regarding the club or management of the club? I swear we have so many fans who are ignorant or worse, content with mediocrity.

Burley is completely correct.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
The 2nd place this season is like the 2nd place under Mourinho (less worse because City were that much better then). We're so far from the top in terms of points that you cannot even enjoy this
No way. Mourinho had 81 points and did this with a team that is so much worse than ole. Heck even sky sports is now poking fun at it with this flash back.

ole has not come close to emulating 81 points or winning three cup in a single season even with the quality players he has at his disposal. Could you imagine ole with Smalling, Darmien, Valencia, Mhkitaryan, Rojo, Romero, Fellaini and so on? We would not be near an European place.

Mourinho at least had ambitions and knew that even with three trophies that is still a bad season considered where United should be. If Ole had such a season, he would have a statue built For him.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
Not true. They just aren't blinded by the legend that was Ole the Manchester United footballer. As a manager he is completely out of his depth and has done well to stay in his job this long. One Bruno less and he'd have been out of a job by March last year.
Completely out of his depth. More hyberbolic bullshit. So out of his depth he’s led us to back to back top 4 finishes for the first time since SAF. And oh yes the Bruno argument - most managers get praised when they make fantastic signings - Ole gets condemned for it.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
No way. Mourinho had 81 points and did this with a team that is so much worse than ole. Heck even sky sports is now poking fun at it with this flash back.

ole has not come close to emulating 81 points or winning three cup in a single season even with the quality players he has at his disposal. Could you imagine ole with Smalling, Darmien, Valencia, Mhkitaryan, Rojo, Romero, Fellaini and so on? We would not be near an European place.

Mourinho at least had ambitions and knew that even with three trophies that is still a bad season considered where United should be. If Ole had such a season, he would have a statue built For him.
You focus on the points total when it doesn't matter in relation to the top. When the gap is huge with the team winning league, I personally don't care how many points we have

tomaldinho1

I don't know why people keep going on about the team selection. It was fine. It was the best we could put out today.

The rest of the game management though, was a train wreck.
Starting Rashford was criminal. Strikes me that the players will essentially tell Ole they’re fine and he just accepts it/doesn’t ever question it or make a tough decision to drop them. Same with Bruno.

Status
Not open for further replies.