Craig Pawson

padr81

Supports
Man City
That's how he fooled you. He probably could have accidentally banged your wife and as long as he took a fall as you arrived you'd be fine with it.
That makes sense.. another logical argument. We'll see what refs say when asked to explain it.

cyberman

He falls onto his arms tries to get up and run but can't so goes onto his arms again, Its happened many times to most people who trip while running and try to keep going.

I mean you guys aren't going to see it from my point of view nor me from yours but I think most ref's will use the same explanation I'm trying to (badly explained by me maybe) when asked why it wasn't given.
Trying to get up isn’t falling. He has already fell! He is on the ground trying to keep up with Sancho, he is in full control of what he’s attempting to do

padr81

Supports
Man City
Trying to get up isn’t falling. He has already fell! He is on the ground trying to keep up with Sancho, he is in full control of what he’s attempting to do
I don't think he is though, thats kinda my point, I don't think he has control when his arm goes down and stops the ball. I do think had it been given VAR wouldn't overturn it I just don't see the peno here and when it happened I knew why its wouldn't be given. Should it be a pen if common sense is applied is a more apt discussion? Because we all know how stupid the handball rule is, common sense its very likely a pen but under current rules its not.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
He falls onto his arms tries to get up and run but can't so goes onto his arms again, Its happened many times to most people who trip while running and try to keep going.

I mean you guys aren't going to see it from my point of view nor me from yours but I think most ref's will use the same explanation I'm trying to (badly explained by me maybe) when asked why it wasn't given.
You’re right, we disagree but my issue is var not even referring it. Let the ref make the decision

cyberman

I don't think he is though, thats kinda my point, I don't think he has control when his arm goes down and stops the ball. I do think had it been given VAR wouldn't overturn it I just don't see the peno here and when it happened I knew why its wouldn't be given. Should it be a pen if common sense is applied is a more apt discussion? Because we all know how stupid the handball rule is.
But he’s galloping along the ground! He hasn’t fallen and lost control, he has fallen and is trying to get back at Sancho. He is making a choice with what he’s doing. Not being able to do it shouldn’t matter, that’s just his poor decision making.

Loon

:lol:
I thought “Homer” was such an outdated concept in this world of VAR and professional refs.

Bollocks.

padr81

Supports
Man City
You’re right, we disagree but my issue is var not even referring it. Let the ref make the decision
This is a problem with the handball rules for me and the "clear and obvious" var thing. Its was likely var "Did you think that was deliberate ref" ref "Nope" var "we can't disprove that".
Im being pedantic here because thats kinda how football is reffed nowadays.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
That makes sense.. another logical argument. We'll see what refs say when asked to explain it.
That he fooled you? It does, kinda. Unless of course you know he didn't, in which case...

Since they protect refs he wont have to explain shit. You are not the ref, so hopefully I wont need to hear it again.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
This is a problem with the handball rules for me and the "clear and obvious" var thing. Its was likely var "Did you think that was deliberate ref" ref "Nope" var "we can't disprove that".
Im being pedantic here because thats kinda how football is reffed nowadays.
But the other challenges (given, not given) they decided to refer/not refer. No one can say something is 100% deliberate, var is there to give refs a chance to reconsider something that a couple of angles might help with.

padr81

Supports
Man City
But the other challenges (given, not given) they decided to refer/not refer. No one can say something is 100% deliberate, var is there to give refs a chance to reconsider something that a couple of angles might help with.
VAR only sends the ref if they deem the decision a "clear and obvious error" honestly its stupid. Thats kinda my point, the VAR will never send the ref to the monitor for that because they can't deem it clear and obvious when its subjective (as this thread has proven). VAR has to be pretty much 100% (you're wrong here ref or you've missed this here ref). Its applied incredibly stupidly and incredibly inconsistently but its the rules that need changing before we argue the decisions if that makes sense.

If I was ref using common sense I'd say "ball was running in the box under Sancho's control, ball was stopped by Cedrics arm that wasn't at his body. Penalty" but having to ref under all these stupid little restrictions, criteria and little details to consider change that completely.

Last edited:

Zoo

Said it last week easily the worst ref in the PL. an absolute coward.

Giggsyking

He's using his hands to stop himself face planting. You guys aren't going to remove the United tinted glasses but it will be interesting to see ref's views on this.
He already fell on his hand, he does not need to continue running on his hands to defend with his hands. I cant believe that needs explaining?

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Just watched it and my opinion hasn't changed, he tries to keep his feet but still falls. I don't see how you see a pen there and if one was given against United for that, this place would explode.
Wtf are you on about :lol: He’s took three steps on his hands and then swipes the ball. Literally if one of our players did that I’d fully expect a penalty. It’s the most blatant penalty I can imagine. It’s ridiculous.

allen7

This match is the biggest robbery in PL , surely there should be an investigation on ref and var decisions. But nobody will care

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
So to recap:

- Possible pen on Elanga not given - no review needed
- Stonewall pen on Sancho - not given and no review needed
- Soft pen given to arsenal despite not actually being the thing VAR was looking at - on field review needed
- Foul on Elanga right on edge not given or checked
- Arsenal’s 3rd goal stood despite being offside - no check or on field review

Hard not to feel a bit hard done by.

90 + 5min

So to recap:

- Possible pen on Elanga not given - no review needed
- Stonewall pen on Sancho - not given and no review needed
- Soft pen given to arsenal despite not actually being the thing VAR was looking at - on field review needed
- Foul on Elanga right on edge not given or checked
- Arsenal’s 3rd goal stood despite being offside - no check or on field review

Hard not to feel a bit hard done by.
Not just that. They reviewed Fernandes "stamp" but not Arsenal player moments before.

And people say that it is fair game? We need transparency. We need mics on. We need to hear what has been said in the room and between referees. Right know they invite people to guess and wonder what the problem is.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
These premier league referees need seriously upgrading next season! There awful. I don’t like the fact when they go to the monitor aswell that automatically means there giving the decision. They never stick by there on field decision… when they get asked to check the monitor it means they made a mistake with the on field decision… I thought it could only get over ruled if it was clear and obvious? The handball today that the ref missed would of been a pen had he give it… so how come when he doesn’t give it or see it then it’s not over ruled?

The Purley King

Pawson is a gutless twat.
Got so much wrong today in arsenals favour it was unbelievable. Turned a 3-1 win for utd into a 3-1 win for arsenal.
fecking homer

Abraxas

Generally I don't like going in for refs as I think it's such a hard job, and a thankless one, but this guy stands out as incompetent. Not a name you want to see associated with one of our matches.

Golden Nugget

I can’t see anything in the media on about this.
Imagine if this was Howard Webb in our favour, he’d be crucified

arthurka

Absolute tool. He was so bad VAR had to ref the game. We know how bad they are but he was worse.

Silverman

Sick of the English referees having absolutely no repurcussions for woeful performances.
They should be made to explain the contentious decision afterward.

cyberman

He’s a ref who never gives us the benefit of the doubt. You look at his decisions and you can see why he gives them it’s just that he always gives them

Idxomer

There's no way City or Liverpool players would get yellow cards for these fouls.

BerryBerryShrew

Surprised at the criticism. He's done us a big favour by overlooking the obvious Martinez handball and the Dalot yellow was a blatant one. Malacia arguably could have gotten away with just a foul against but at the same time he shouldn't have been getting done by Justin so easily. Eriksen could also have gotten yellow for kicking the ball away pointlessly but he let him off.