Create your 2017/18 lineup using 5 additions

buckooo1978

the benchmark for me is the 08/09 team....

there are upgrades available all over the team but I would consider 5 priority areas

for me

a strong CB like Bailly.....Rojo has impressed me but we could upgrade here... not sure who with but someone in the 22-28 bracket.... Varane or Marquinhos?

gonna show some faith in Shaw and given his age I'd probably sign a Right Back.... really liked Meunier for PSG but might have to look elsewhere

A passing midfielder would be my first choice.... a Modric/Kroos/Veratti type would be good to replace Carrick.... deffo room for a Kante type also.... a midfield of Kante/Herrera/Pogba would be formidable

our main priority is scoring goals so I'd buy two attacking players - like the idea of Griezeman/M'Bappe/Aubamuyang/Dybala type player but I'd also love a player of the character of Alexis Sanchez.

we say 5 players but with Depay, Bastian, Morgan, reserve players to be followed out the door by Ibra, Rooney, Jones possibly, Januzaj and one or two otbers we could see 6 or 7.

where we find the next Rooney, Ronaldo, Tevez I do not know

prtk0811

First, you didn't tell me how SAF and Anchelloti were applying counter attacks without parking the bus ?

Second, I don't think a team who uses counter attacks will have all his goals from counters only. Counters themselves are not a style of play on their own imo. They're more of a helping tool used during the game when you got space and chance. You can't go full season using counters only to win games, hence I agree the bold part is what's going to happen and it doesn't contradict the idea. If we buy good fast players I can see Jose turning us to a team who can unleash counters whenever possible just like his RM side, but it won't be our only approach and we won't be parking buses.
First Fergie had world class Defenders and midfeilders in his team with vidic's ferdinand's bruce's jaap stam's and keane cantona scholes becks and carrick. So In midfeild he always had players to proactively win the first and second balls and in combination a defensive midfeild player who wins the ball back with superior positioning and ball wining skills at all times , keane was a b2b destroyer and a ballwinning player with high work rate and energy so he always had good midfeild control . secondly his defenses were world class so the final line of defense always had a sniff of a threat and capabilities to win the ball back and defend.

While quick speedy wingers and forwards counter attacked with blistering pace and power who can carry the ball from defense to attack themselves.

United as of now dont have that quality in the team. Except bailly our defenders are not a defensive rock like a terry or ferdinand and vidic , and Pogba off the ball lacks the positioning and control to win the first and second balls maximum number of times in a two man midfeild , while fellani is just Meh.. Herrera is a cm who presses high but lacks the work rate and energy to play b2b for 90 mins like a keane so the midfeild balance is missing to win the ball back. while defense is also not good enough. And we dont have any proper wingers apart from ashley young and a winger turned rb valencia in this team who can carry the ball from defense to attack in an blink of an eye like a giggs ronaldo rooney nani park would do. So its simpley not possible to play that style with these set of players.

More so ever during Fergie era the epl was less competitive than it is today with the top 6 all capable of winning the league with the near equal quality in top 6 sides today , which is highly tactical with pep klopp conte pochetino and wenger as the rival bosses. Fergie had underperformed in europe and he has himself admitted to that and there is all european tactics in top 6 teams now so better to adapt to the new principles LVG installed in the squad which mourinho is taking it further.

We have learnt painful lessons in 2 ucl finals against a posession based pep's barca team and we must learn those lessons going forward and instill it in our style of play atleast till the epl is so competive with all the top managers .

Last edited:

el3mel

First Fergie had world class Defenders and midfeilders in his team with vidic's ferdinand's bruce's jaap stam's and keane cantona scholes becks and carrick. So In midfeild he always had players to proactively win the first and second balls and in combination a defensive midfeild player who wins the ball back with superior positioning and ball wining skills at all times , keane was a b2b destroyer and a ballwinning player with high work rate and energy so he always had good midfeild control . secondly his defenses were world class so the final line of defense always had a sniff of a threat and capabilities to win the ball back and defend.

While quick speedy wingers and forwards counter attacked with blistering pace and power who can carry the ball from defense to attack themselves.

United as of now dont have that quality in the team. Except bailly our defenders are not a defensive rock like a terry or ferdinand and vidic , and Pogba off the ball lacks the positioning and control to win the first and second balls maximum number of times , while fellani is just Meh.. Herrera is a cm who presses high but lacks the work rate and energy to play b2b for 90 mins like a keane so the midfeild balance is missing to win the ball back. while defense is also not good enough. And we dont have any proper wingers apart from ashley young and a winger turned rb valencia in this team who can carry the ball from defense to attack in an blink of an eye like a giggs ronaldo rooney nani park would do. So its simpley not possible to play that style with these set of players.

More so ever during Fergie era the epl was less competitive than it is today with the top 6 all capable of winning the league with the near equal quality in top 6 sides today , which is highly tactical with pep klopp conte pochetino and wenger as the rival bosses. Fergie had underperformed in europe and he has himself admitted to that and there is all european tactics in top 6 teams now so better to adapt to the new principles LVG installed in the squad which mourinho is taking it further.

We have learnt painful lessons in 2 ucl finals against a posession based pep's barca team and we must learn those lessons going forward and instill it in our style of play atleast till the epl is so competive with all the top managers .
I see you're pointing to us not having the player quality for this and I agree currently but if it's all down to this then that's not hard to solve, that's why the market is here. You can bring a defender and a DMF of world class and strengthen your back to intercept the ball and make quick transition to the front. Is this not the point of the thread anyway ?

I'm not saying we would go all out counter attacking. As I mentioned I don't consider counter attacks a style on its own but rather a helping tool. You can have a team that's excellent in countering but that doesn't mean it's its only way of scoring goals. You can build a team that can press the opponent , possess the ball and and play a one-side attacking game and score multiple goals, but the idea here is this team also has the tools to unleash counters at any time possible when the chance and space are found. That's how SAF was using them and how I think Jose will ( and should ) also use next season, just like his RM side were, deadly on counters but it that doesn't mean it's their only way of attacking.

I'm not disagreeing with you much about United not having the quality in defense back to withstand defending the whole game but I disagree with the idea that playing counters=parking the bus. If we build a team that can counter, it won't be a team setting back the 90 minutes waiting for a ball thrown forward in space to score as you're imagining. Jose won't do that here. It'll be like how SAF was using counters.

Jaybomb

De Gea
Valencia Bailly Varane Shaw
Herrera Matuidi Pogba
Griezmann Lukaku Mkhitaryan

That's right. Three French signings. Rotate Matuidi with Mata depending on the system.

Subs: Romero, Rojo, Blind, Mata, Martial, Rashford, Chicharito

Last edited:

Rawls

You'll never find, that microfilm of mine

5 new signings:

RB -Aurier
CB- Gimenez
LB - Mendy
CDM - Weigl
CM - Saul Niguez

• Aurier because he seems likely to leave PSG at a discount, plus Valencia will be 32 in August.
  • Ideally, we would sign a CB who's best attribute would be playing in space. Someone like Bonucci would be excellent, not forgetting his outstanding passing ability. However, I'd say he's unattainable. We seem to show a lot of interest in Gimenez regularly so he seems somewhat possible.
  • Shaw has been better the last few weeks but I still think he lacks the technical ability to be a real threat marauding down the left flank. I haven't seen that much of Mendy to know fully what his strengths and weaknesses are so I'll yield to the wisdom of crowds here.
  • Weigl should become the best regista in the world in the not too distant future. Even if we were to part with £70 million, this would still be a very good buy. Unlikely signing for this summer at least.
  • Saul was linked to us during the 2015/2016 season. I see him as being Ander Herrera-plus. He offers the same energy, defensive work-rate, pressing, direct passing and tackling as Herrera, plus he seems to be more talented on the ball (Herrera isn't bad per se, it's just that Saul is very good). It wouldn't be a case of Herrera not playing either. What the last few weeks have shown is that we badly need depth in midfield; we play best in a midfield three IMO and you can't play midfield threes regularly if you only have 4 available midfielders, not forgetting that one of those midfielders is 36 in July. A midfield rotation of Carrick, Weigl, Saul, Herrera, Pereira and Pogba would be very, very strong.

Edit: For some reason, the formation doesn't show Rashford up top despite it looking like that on the sharemytactics page. Anyway, it is Rashford who is up top, to the right of Martial.

Last edited:

Devil may care

For the 5th signing I'd add another versatile defensive player as I think Darmian and Young and maybe even Blind will go.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
De Gea
Valencia Bailly lindeloff shaw
Fabinho
Pogba Herrera
Griezmann ----------Martial
Rashford

Untied

5 new signings:

RB -Aurier
CB- Gimenez
LB - Mendy
CDM - Weigl
CM - Saul Niguez

• Aurier because he seems likely to leave PSG at a discount, plus Valencia will be 32 in August.
  • Ideally, we would sign a CB who's best attribute would be playing in space. Someone like Bonucci would be excellent, not forgetting his outstanding passing ability. However, I'd say he's unattainable. We seem to show a lot of interest in Gimenez regularly so he seems somewhat possible.
  • Shaw has been better the last few weeks but I still think he lacks the technical ability to be a real threat marauding down the left flank. I haven't seen that much of Mendy to know fully what his strengths and weaknesses are so I'll yield to the wisdom of crowds here.
  • Weigl should become the best regista in the world in the not too distant future. Even if we were to part with £70 million, this would still be a very good buy. Unlikely signing for this summer at least.
  • Saul was linked to us during the 2015/2016 season. I see him as being Ander Herrera-plus. He offers the same energy, defensive work-rate, pressing, direct passing and tackling as Herrera, plus he seems to be more talented on the ball (Herrera isn't bad per se, it's just that Saul is very good). It wouldn't be a case of Herrera not playing either. What the last few weeks have shown is that we badly need depth in midfield; we play best in a midfield three IMO and you can't play midfield threes regularly if you only have 4 available midfielders, not forgetting that one of those midfielders is 36 in July. A midfield rotation of Carrick, Weigl, Saul, Herrera, Pereira and Pogba would be very, very strong.

Edit: For some reason, the formation doesn't show Rashford up top despite it looking like that on the sharemytactics page. Anyway, it is Rashford who is up top, to the right of Martial.
Our defence has been very good and our attack not good enough, so you want us to overhaul our entire defence?

davidmichael

De Gea, Walker, Alderweireld, Smalling (if he gets back to his best), Shaw, Alli, Kroos, Pogba, Mhkitaryan, Rashford, Sanchez would be my choice if we could pick 5 of anyone.

Zebs

Clare Baldings Daughter plays too much Wordscapes
:lol: This thread is great. Some baffling decisions.

Rawls

You'll never find, that microfilm of mine
Our defence has been very good and our attack not good enough, so you want us to overhaul our entire defence?
The attack has had problems scoring chances, not creating them. Moreover, despite Zlatan being our top goalscorer, he missed a plethora of good chances during the season. I feel that our attack can be much more dynamic with Rashford and Martial up front, so I don't really think that there is that much of a need for new signings in the attack.

Our defence has been relatively good. On the whole, there have been no major mishaps as far as I can remember. However, I feel that we haven't maxed out the potential of our defence. To me, it seems that the quality of our defence lies in systematic quality (i.e. the quality of our defensive positioning and structure) as opposed to individual quality. For the team to have an outstanding defence, both individual quality and systematic quality are needed. Individually, I feel we can improve in the long-term at RB, LCB and LB. That's why three of the signings I proposed are in defence.

Mickfoley

Rashford............ Lukaku...............Carassco
..............................Mkhi........
...................... Pogba..... Veratti..............
Sandro............. Bailly...... Godin........ Valencia

RedEM10

Sweaty Foot Monster
Muppets everywhere in here! I love the optimism, I really do :lol:

Have a feeling DDG will be gone in the summer

----------------Romero---------------
Valencia--Bailly----Rojo-----Mendy
--------------Veratti-----------------
---------Herrera--Pogba------------
Mkhitaryan-------------------Martial
---------------Rashford--------------

Think Veratti will leave PSG this summer based on what was said after they got knocked out of the CL. If he was to leave I would hope we would be all over that! I think we will bring in a CB letting Jones or Smalling go, most likely Jones. A striker will come in no doubt but not a notion who would be interested in, usually the bigger stronger type strikers is Mourinhos style, so ill have a guess at Modeste.

prtk0811

Muppets everywhere in here! I love the optimism, I really do :lol:

Have a feeling DDG will be gone in the summer

----------------Romero---------------
Valencia--Bailly----Rojo-----Mendy
--------------Veratti-----------------
---------Herrera--Pogba------------
Mkhitaryan-------------------Martial
---------------Rashford--------------

Think Veratti will leave PSG this summer based on what was said after they got knocked out of the CL. If he was to leave I would hope we would be all over that! I think we will bring in a CB letting Jones or Smalling go, most likely Jones. A striker will come in no doubt but not a notion who would be interested in, usually the bigger stronger type strikers is Mourinhos style, so ill have a guess at Modeste.

Surely Romero will not be our first choice keeper, Jose mourinho would not like a player of the size of veratti in the midfeild who could be bossed physically and aerially and i dont think mendy will be sold inthe summer with fabinho and bakayoko set to leave. While we might also get griezmann as we are not going into the season with rashford or martial as main striker for all games in ucl and epl , with rooney and zlatan gone

We need 5 cb's in the team given our injury record and none of smalling and jones will leave while we buy another cb.

Zebs

Clare Baldings Daughter plays too much Wordscapes
It's always a good way to assess posters I find! ;)
100%. If I bothered to use the ignore feature, I'd have filled my quota twice over from here.

RedEM10

Sweaty Foot Monster
Surely Romero will not be our first choice keeper, Jose mourinho would not like a player of the size of veratti in the midfeild who could be bossed physically and aerially and i dont think mendy will be sold inthe summer with fabinho and bakayoko set to leave. While we might also get griezmann as we are not going into the season with rashford or martial as main striker for all games in ucl and epl , with rooney and zlatan gone

We need 5 cb's in the team given our injury record and none of smalling and jones will leave while we buy another cb.
I beg to differ, Every manager would want Veratti, he is world class. Hes very physical don't be fooled by his size which would hurt him aerially though. Sky and other places have confirmed us city and someone are in for mendy so he will be gone in my opinion far too much money in the premier league and he will leave. He loves Rashford so im pretty confident he will be a starter whether that is on the left or right up the middle.

And in regards to the CB situation, I cant see him holding on to both Jones and Smalling. One is a crock as much as I would love to see him do well, he just cant stay fit so I think Jones will go. He probably will go for a CB but im just saying I see jones going

WoodysWallet

---------------DeGea-----------------Valencia--Bailly--Rojo--Shaw-------Herrera-Bakayoko-Pogba----
Mkhitaryan-Greizmann-Rashford-

Romero
Lindelof
Fellaini
Fosu Mensah
Mata
Martial

I can't see us signing five, I think this will be something like the team we will see next season.

TehRed

Realistic:

-----------Schmeichel
---Semedo
Bailly Keane Shaw
------------Fabinho
---------
Herrera Pogba
Mkhitaryan Griezmann Rashford

Full Muppet:

------------De Gea
--Semedo Bailly Sokratis Shaw
------------Verratti
----------Herrera Pogba
Mkhitaryan Griezmann Mbappe

prtk0811

I beg to differ, Every manager would want Veratti, he is world class. Hes very physical don't be fooled by his size which would hurt him aerially though. Sky and other places have confirmed us city and someone are in for mendy so he will be gone in my opinion far too much money in the premier league and he will leave. He loves Rashford so im pretty confident he will be a starter whether that is on the left or right up the middle.

And in regards to the CB situation, I cant see him holding on to both Jones and Smalling. One is a crock as much as I would love to see him do well, he just cant stay fit so I think Jones will go. He probably will go for a CB but im just saying I see jones going
Not Mourinho, Dont get me wrong veratii is a class player, but he would more be lured to barcelona than england with his style of play , In england as a CDM you need to have physical attributes , or very high work rate like kante to really be successful. Mourinho likes physical players and that's why fellani has stayed on and that is why he bought matic in chelsea. So i cant see him moving here if he is available for transfer , barcelona require a midfeild beind msn and he might be tempted by their project more.

I can see both jones and smalling staying because we need numbers , jones is happy to play a squad role while smalling is a decent cb with aerial qualities vital in this league, With smalling rojo and jones all injury prone we definately need numbers in cb areas and we will buy one more with them staying , because we wont get any decent money for jones.

Rahford is 19 so we cant expect him to bang 30 goals and win us the title , he will play a part but not as a main united striker right now , taht too much a burden on a 19 year old .

Mendy is a tricky one , we all want shaw to succeed and he will eventually but if we buy mendy than shaw is to be sold , i can see man city getting him and us giving more chance to shaw next season, if he is available . A very high price might deter the suitors .

RedEM10

Sweaty Foot Monster
Not Mourinho, Dont get me wrong veratii is a class player, but he would more be lured to barcelona than england with his style of play , In england as a CDM you need to have physical attributes , or very high work rate like kante to really be successful. Mourinho likes physical players and that's why fellani has stayed on and that is why he bought matic in chelsea. So i cant see him moving here if he is available for transfer , barcelona require a midfeild beind msn and he might be tempted by their project more.

I can see both jones and smalling staying because we need numbers , jones is happy to play a squad role while smalling is a decent cb with aerial qualities vital in this league, With smalling rojo and jones all injury prone we definately need numbers in cb areas and we will buy one more with them staying , because we wont get any decent money for jones.

Rahford is 19 so we cant expect him to bang 30 goals and win us the title , he will play a part but not as a main united striker right now , taht too much a burden on a 19 year old .

Mendy is a tricky one , we all want shaw to succeed and he will eventually but if we buy mendy than shaw is to be sold , i can see man city getting him and us giving more chance to shaw next season, if he is available . A very high price might deter the suitors .
I think the thing that would help the likes of Jones, Smalling and Shaw is they are home grown. Perhaps with Shaw been given chances and doing relatively ok since he may have swayed mourinhos opinion. I hope so because you like you said I would love to see him succeed here. I trust Rashford, with the right people around him I think he will score plenty. I particularly liked how he just keeps plugging away even if things might not be going his way for parts of the game.. Brilliant trait to have!

RedTillI'mDead

A Key Tool
:lol::lol:
Wonder how much those five would cost roughly (figures plucked from thin air):

Hazard: £100m
Sanchez: £40m (1 year of contract remaining)
Alderweireld: £30m
Kante: £50m
Eriksen: £50m (it is Spurs we'd be dealing with)

For a mere £270m we could have the best squad in the league.
I like your optimism!

Kante is just 26, has helped two teams win the prem in a row, whilst winning PFA best player. Chelsea paid £30m and are not money hungry. Id be surprised if they picked up the phone for less than the £90m it cost to get Pogba. Selling one of their best players to a rival will cost bucks. I'd be surprised if they would sell for less than £100m as ridiculous as that sounds. We are in the realms of "priceless" in terms if how they would communicate with us.

Sanchez for £40m won't happen, unless wait till Jan and even then someone would likely offer more. I'd say more like £60m

Alderweireld has been one of most impressive defenders. I'd be surprised if we got him for less than £50m

Eriksen is just 25 so again maybe £70m to tempt them.

Hazard, maybe Chelsea would take £120m, but would rather sell to Madrid for £100m.

So I'll adjust your guess to £380m, may as well round to £400m.

Spurs won't get bullied to sell like they used to, they have something good going. Chelsea are too rich to be forced into selling top talent.

Genuinely wouldn't be surprised if we had to spend £500m to get these 5 players. It would have to be stupid money. Imagine the backlash from fans and how uncompetitive it would make those teams be, especially relatively. There is a reason players rarely change hands in the same country, the numbers just don't stack up. The players wouldn't be worth the cost required and also there is a limit to how much you want to fund the competition to go out and buy other players.

Revan

Assumptionman
De Gea

Valencia Bailly Gimenez Shaw

Herrera Weigl Pogba

Mkhitaryan Griezmann Martial​

Romero, Rojo, Bailly, Fabinho, Rashford, Mata, J. Hernandez

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
---------------de Gea
Tony---Bonucci----Rojo---Marcelo
---------------Kante
-----Pogba----------Alli
Mhki--------------------Dybala
----------Rashford

Skipped the no-chance-to-sign super stars, though those 5 are probably all completely unattainable.

Ridds

De Gea
Aurier Van Dijk Bailly Shaw
Dier
Hererra Pogba
Griezmann Mkhitaryan
Martial

Possibly someone like Michael Keane being the 5th signing depending on who is sold

• Valencia has been brilliant this season. I'd still expect him to get plenty games. But I'd expect an additional Right Back to join in the summer
  • I really rate Van Dijk. I think the will be a battle to sign him as probably all of the current top 7 in the PL would be interested in him bar maybe Spurs. I'd like us to sign a massive physical presence at the back & Van Dijk is absolutely that as well as a composed footballer
  • Mourinho loves a Holding Midfielder - Dier is quite frequently linked. He'd be very good if attainable. I have a feeling he doesn't count as 'Home Grown' as his youth career was in Portugal. If we don't sign him - Then I'd expect someone that can play that role such as Fabinho or William Carvalho.
  • Griezmann is one of the best players in the world that we can realistically sign & if we get him that'd be amazing! I'm not sure exactly who would play where in that hypothetical front 3... Mkhitaryan & Griezmann could have easily been on the opposite wings. Rashford instead of Martial. Griezmann up front etc etc. But it's a basis for discussion

Mohammed Javed

Im sure that De Gea will stay on for at least another year if we make the champions league. So no changes to any GK

The defence needs some reinforcements. To many injury prone players. One of Jones or Smalling will be sold along with Blind. So i hope to see a ball playing centre back because that is something we lacking. Our current defenders are more Stoppers than ball players. Would love to see someone like Bonnuci but its unlikey. However Gimenez or Alderwierald could be attainable.

Aurier would be a fantastic buy to compete with Valancia who is doing a great job on the right flank. He will need to be replaced soon and Aurier is the perfect RB to replace him. A real Jose player.

Shaw will not leave and he will make that Left flank his own for the coming year so i cant see Jose going for another leftback.

The midfield needs some work. Someone to take the regins from Carrick. A deep-lying playmaker to help Pogba reach his potential and allow him to play further forward. Weigl or paredes.

Verratti would be a dream signing for the RCM role however it seems highly unlikely.

2 forward players are very important for the squad Douglas Costa and Griezmann.
http://lineupbuilder.com/?sk=t91r

Decomposing In Paris

1. Keep De Gea
Don't know what truth there is in the rumours, but he is one of very few world class performers in the most important position on the pitch imo. Also, I like Dave.
2. Thiago Alcântara
The standout midfielder in Europe for me. People talk about Verratti, but he's been linked with Munich, and I rate this guy even higher. Herrera has grown into a very good deep lying midfielder, and I expect him to be even better next year. Pogba will be awesome next season.
3. Griezmann
A world star, Pogba's mate, and a clinical finisher that can run the lines, press opponents, and create. The kind of man you build a team around. If he's available, you sign him.
4. Van Dijk
A very solid, physical CB who can play on the left, and has great ball distribution. I was quietly relieved that we didn't have to deal with him in the cup final.
5. Ibrahimovic - pay as you play.
Sentimental? Yes. Still, with Griezmann, Rashford, Martial, Lindgard, Miki, Mata, we've got plenty of pace and skill up top... what we don't have much of is a plan B. Zlatan will be back around the turn of the year, and could be the Teddy Sheringham that tips some games in our favour in a tight run-in.

Team for the first game of next season:

--------------De Gea---------------
Valencia--Bailey--Van Dijk--Shaw
--------------Herrera---------------
----------Thiago---Pogba----------
-------------Griezamann-----------
Mikitaryan----------------Rashford

Subs: Romero, Smalling, Fellani, Mata, Martial

De Gea
Valencia Bailly Rojo Shaw
Keita Herrera Pogba
Griezmann Rashford Martial
Subs: Romero, Blind, Darmian, Fosu Mensah,
Fellaini, Mata, Lingard, Mkhitaryan.
I have to make 3 more, so I'll go with a young full back to cover Shaw (Tierney could cover RB & LB).
A CF as alternative option (Belotti is strong and unique character). And midfield depth (Verratti).

Danish Wizard

Just need four for the start XI.

David de Gea
Antonio Valencia - Toby Alderweireld - Eric Bailly - Luke Shaw
Toni Kroos - Paul Pogba
Henrikh Mkhitaryan - Antoine Griezmann - Alexis Sanchez
Marcus Rashford

Bench: Joel Pereira, Timothy Fosu-Mensah, Chris Smalling, Ander Herrera, Ousmane Dembele, Jesse Lingard, Anthony Martial.

RedMilo

1. Navas
2. Valencia
3. Shaw
4. Bailly
5. Vertonghen
6. Pogba
7. Greizmann
8. Kroos
9. Rashford
10. Neymar
11. Martial

On the assumption DDG wont be here..

Member 5225

Just need four for the start XI.

David de Gea
Antonio Valencia - Toby Alderweireld - Eric Bailly - Luke Shaw
Toni Kroos - Paul Pogba
Henrikh Mkhitaryan - Antoine Griezmann - Alexis Sanchez
Marcus Rashford

Bench: Joel Pereira, Timothy Fosu-Mensah, Chris Smalling, Ander Herrera, Ousmane Dembele, Jesse Lingard, Anthony Martial.
oh my!! :drool:

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
---------------De Gea---------------
Valencia--Bailly--New CB--Shaw
---------------Fabinho---------------
-------Herrera-------Pogba-------
Mkhitaryan-Griezmann-Rashford

No idea who the new CB should be as there's a real lack of decent ones out there
Front 3 would be given the freedom to interchange