[Cricket] Asia Cup 2023

dpansheth

absolute class Kohli, 77th international century. going to be a good chase.
edit: if rain does not disrupt.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
He'll break Sachin's 100 Centuries record hopefully. But yea, he's class. I hope Babar can eventually displace him though.

dpansheth

India bowling really well. Tough chase for Pakistan from here onwards.

The Corinthian

Supports
A Free Palestine
We needed Babar to get a big innings to have a realistic chance.

SmallCaine

200+ run defeat, pak are going to be praying for no rains from now on or they are done here.

The Corinthian

Supports
A Free Palestine
The rain has ruined the super 4s. Pretty dumb decision to let SL and Pak co-host but let SL get all the super 4 games when Pak has dry weather!

The Corinthian

Supports
A Free Palestine
Babar’s captaincy leaves a lot to be desired. Why he has everyone on the boundary for the last delivery I’ll never know.

prateik

Jay Shah crying right now.. Not getting a India Pak final.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Great game.

Pakistan shafted by the captaincy and DLS. It's a mathematical model but not a practical one.

dpansheth

in my honest opinion (& many will not agree), #1,#2,#3 & #4, are Aus, Eng, India & NZ (these are not in order, just top 4 like EPL)
SL & PK are fairly close.
Edit: SL, PK & SA are fairly close.

AshRK

in my honest opinion (& many will not agree), #1,#2,#3 & #4, are Aus, Eng, India & NZ (these are not in order, just top 4 like EPL)
I can see Pak instead of NZ. SL for me will be the team to watch out.

sport2793

On paper, I agree with your top 4. Location matters also though. I don't think NZ and ENG will necessarily be effective on the subcontinent (why, because I don't think they bat well on spinning tracks), while SL and fully healthy Pak could be more effective. Aus is a dark horse as they have players with a lot of experience in subcontinent conditions and may be able to make things work.

If this was held in Aus or Eng, obviously those teams would be favored along with NZ, with teams like SA maybe coming into play (Pak fast bowling could make them more effective there too). India is probably the only team (maybe Aus also) that should be considered a legitimate threat regardless of conditions as they have all the ingredients required.

dpansheth

I can see Pak instead of NZ. SL for me will be the team to watch out.
Yeah its fairly close outside top 3. but NZ in a knock-out tournament usually shows up. with their usual grit.
SL got a few youngsters to form a good squad. so agree with you on that too.

dpansheth

On paper, I agree with your top 4. Location matters also though. I don't think NZ and ENG will necessarily be effective on the subcontinent (why, because I don't think they bat well on spinning tracks), while SL and fully healthy Pak could be more effective. Aus is a dark horse as they have players with a lot of experience in subcontinent conditions and may be able to make things work.

If this was held in Aus or Eng, obviously those teams would be favored along with NZ, with teams like SA maybe coming into play (Pak fast bowling could make them more effective there too). India is probably the only team (maybe Aus also) that should be considered a legitimate threat regardless of conditions as they have all the ingredients required.
In subcontinent usually pitches are flat and grounds are smaller, especially in India, I expect Eng with their aggressive batting line-up to be the fav. not many teams have won back to back world cups, in fact only 2 (WI & AUS - 3 times). so will be a challenge. but I fully expect AUS + ENG to be there or thereabouts.

I think Pak's form over the last 2 years have been exaggerated, they have not done well consistently against top sides. something that I saw in this tournament as well. Fielding is scratchy and batting too.
SA + SL are dark horses in my opinion , combining with top 4.

sport2793

In subcontinent usually pitches are flat and grounds are smaller, especially in India, I expect Eng with their aggressive batting line-up to be the fav. not many teams have won back to back world cups, in fact only 2 (WI & AUS - 3 times). so will be a challenge. but I fully expect AUS + ENG to be there or thereabouts.

I think Pak's form over the last 2 years have been exaggerated, they have not done well consistently against top sides. something that I saw in this tournament as well. Fielding is scratchy and batting too.
SA + SL are dark horses in my opinion , combining with top 4.
Ya I definitely don't expect Indian curators to prepare too many flat pitches for England, especially in any matches involving India. There was a directive from the ICC to prepare "60-40" batting friendly pitches but it didn't specify which matches to deploy these for. Plus, the BCCI doesn't kowtow to the ICC if we are being truthfully cynical so they will deploy pitches that are real turners at some point in this tournament.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
South Africa (Heinrich Klaasen in particular) absolutely pummeling the Aussies. Klaasen finally out off the last ball of the innings for 174. Zampa went for 113 of his 10 overs. SA put up 416 off their 50.

The Corinthian

Supports
A Free Palestine
South Africa (Heinrich Klaasen in particular) absolutely pummeling the Aussies. Klaasen finally out off the last ball of the innings for 174. Zampa went for 113 of his 10 overs. SA put up 416 off their 50.
:eek:

Old Ma Crow

Siraj, the first Indian with 4 wickets in an over and a 5 fer in 15 deliveries!

Skills

Snitch
This is bullshit. This is why the lower ranked team should never be allowed to bat first. Get rid of the toss.

AshRK

Have to credit India here. They were pretty solid this tournament and encouraging signs to see things clicking.

I still don't think India are favs for this WC but this performance should engourage them.