[Cricket] Asia Cup 2023

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Have to credit India here. They were pretty solid this tournament and encouraging signs to see things clicking.

I still don't think India are favs for this WC but this performance should engourage them.
Come on . India are by far the favourites

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
England by far. Best team in the world. We (India) play ODI cricket like it's still 2011
That’s not true at all. Over the last 2-3 years India led by Rohit have played much more aggressively in Odi’s specially on flat wickets. Add to that the home factor plus the bowling doing so well I think it’s pretty clear

NM

That’s not true at all. Over the last 2-3 years India led by Rohit have played much more aggressively in Odi’s specially on flat wickets. Add to that the home factor plus the bowling doing so well I think it’s pretty clear
Don't think it will be flat wickets + having the likes of Kohli, Rahul and Iyer in the first team means we aren't playing modern cricket.

dpansheth

I think time to start a World Cup thread. so many injuries across countries.
BTW, well done SA.

MDFC Manager

Don't think it will be flat wickets + having the likes of Kohli, Rahul and Iyer in the first team means we aren't playing modern cricket.
I actually think it will be very flat wickets, but don't see that suiting India. England with their firepower would be favourites for me too.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
I think India and England are the favourites. I'd have South Africa down as dark horses - not sure who followed the SA vs Aus series, but they were 2-0 down and won 3-2 but have some genuine explosive middle order batsmen.

You can never write the Aussies off, and NZ will be there or thereabouts as they always are.

I don't particularly rate Pakistan, SL's, Bangladesh, or Afghanistan's chances. Pakistan have a world class bowling attack but have a woeful middle order.

zing

Zingle balls
Come on . India are by far the favourites
Don’t know about being outright favourites but that was a very good tournament from india which brings the team into the top 3 mix. Pakistan’s reputation goes down a bit. As good a tournament as india could’ve hoped to have.