Cricket:India's tour of England 2011

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
That's what I was wondering too. Surely when there's just an over to go they can extend whatever deadline they have.
It's ridiculous, if it's stopped raining they should let the groundstaff clear the water and bowl the final over. Terrible for a game to end in this manner.

Adzzz

Astrophysical Genius - Hard for Grinner
Staff
The real version of the game takes 5 days, several thousand calories and several gallons of real ale. That's cricket.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
If the English win the WC next time, then it'll probably be heralded as the greatest sporting prize in the universe.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
People from South Africa, Zimbabwe, WI, Asian Countries don't give a feck about the Ashes actually. Just because England play that and have won it recently, it's now the biggest prize in world cricket apparently.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
People from South Africa, Zimbabwe, WI, Asian Countries don't give a feck about the Ashes actually. Just because England play that and have won it recently, it's now the biggest prize in world cricket apparently.
It's the biggest prize for England and to beat them at home is as good as it gets.

tbh though, we were looking forward to a stern examination by the No1 Test team in the world to really see how far we have progressed as a cricketing nation...we didn't get it.

Winning the WC is a trophy you carry with you, but staying No1 Test team is something you have to work for & protect series by series in the noblest form of the game. Surely this is the bigger prize?

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
It's the biggest prize for England and to beat them at home is as good as it gets.
That's the thing. You're just talking about England. For England, that might as well be the case but it doesn't change how the world thinks about it.

The magic of a one off tournament to decide the best in the business is different and special, and it will always be the case.

I just read a comment by Dhoni that he's thankful these injuries didn't come during the WC. And believe me, everyone in this country would feel the same way. We could lose 4-0 in Australia in addition to this and people would accept that for a WC if there was a trade-off.

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
Honestly I would pick being no.1 in the test rankings over winning the world cup. I suspect it would be the same for a lot of English fans. I don't think it would be the same for supporters of the subcontinent teams. Basically a difference in cricketing culture.

MikeUpNorth

Wobbles like a massive pair of tits
Honestly I would pick being no.1 in the test rankings over winning the world cup. I suspect it would be the same for a lot of English fans. I don't think it would be the same for supporters of the subcontinent teams. Basically a difference in cricketing culture.
The limited overs cup isn't cricket. Who cares about that shit? It's mickey mouse nonsense. Saying limited overs cricket is important is like saying five-a-side football is important. It's nice for India to win it I guess because they're not good at any other sports, so at least they can imagine what it's like to win something, even if it's not an important prize. Good for them, though I still haven't figured out if you Indians are wumming when you say it's important or whether you're just deluded.

Either way, I haven't watched these one day internationals, because I don't care.

Fiskey

Can't stop thinking about David Nugent's hot naked
He is still bowling 92mph+

One of the fastest around now, easily.
He was always going to be, those saying they doubt it because he hasn't before, he's 22 ffs! Of course he was going to get quicker when he filled out!

wr8_utd

:'(
No more Rahul Dravid :(

Great to see the England players shake his hand wen he got out and the applause he got

ha_rooney

Poor Kohli, brilliant innings. I was wondering why Kieswetter was screaming like a mad-man.

Neutral

BTV
Rahul Dravid with another innings typical of his career...kept things going while others will get the praise, Kohli and Dhoni(not that an excellent century, and some good power hitting down the order don't deserve praise).

His grit and refusal to surrender has won him so many fans(especially casual fans in England)....

ha_rooney

Light rain they go off the pitch, stops raining and they need 15 mins to get back on the pitch. I hope they can finish the game this time, silly they need to go off at the slightest sight of rain.