Cricket:India's tour of England 2011

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Munaf with an awkward fall, typical of India's tour losing another player to an injury.

Edit: Sanjay Manjrekar: Munaf & Praveen will be in my 'Dream Team Injured XI' :lol:

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Injuries or not, we've been awful. Absolutely awful. Great stuff by England.

ha_rooney

Brilliant from England, another comfortable victory. Bairstow looks a very good player, some huge shots from him on his debut.

India were atrocious all tour, injuries did not help but to not win a single game in the series is pathetic for a team with so many good players.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
You've got to hand it to us, though. We were extremely consistent throughout the tour.

Spoony

The People's President
India win big on awards night
So India didn't win anything at the ICC Awards? Think again

Quite sensibly, India's beleaguered cricket team didn't bother to attend the ICC Awards, thus continuing their almost unblemished record of not turning up on their tour of England. The reason? They were conducting their own private awards ceremony behind closed doors. And the winners are…

Portliest Player
One of the blue-riband categories, and a hotly contested one. Was scooped by Virender Sehwag, who won a sausage roll (later stolen by RP Singh).

Busiest Backroom Figure
Joint award to the physiotherapy and catering units.

Most Depressed Backroom Figure
Fielding maestro, Trevor Penney.

Pace Ace of the Year
Awarded to Vinay Kumar for a speed gun-shattering delivery at the Rose Bowl that touched 75 mph.

Coach of the Year
MS Dhoni, for appointing Duncan Fletcher.

Future Prospect Award
Promising youngster Rahul Dravid was told he "could become a key part of this team" - if he is prepared to knuckle down.

"Still Got It" Award
Presented to Harbhajan Singh for his rolling-back-the-years efforts in the first two Tests against England, where he scythed through the English batting with 2 for 287. Sadly Harbhajan was injured during his heroics and played no further part on the tour.

Fielder of the Year
One of the least hotly contested categories. After much discussion, the trophy was eventually handed to Sreesanth, who dropped it and stormed out in a huff.

Bravest Player Award
Amit Mishra, for batting on despite being hit really hard on the pad at The Oval.

Sachin Tendulkar Award
For being Sachin Tendulkar. Winner: Sachin Tendulkar. Highly commended: Sachin Tendulkar.

Spirit of Cricket Award
The Indian team, for graciously allowing themselves to be beaten by England and thus ensuring future interest in the sport of cricket.

he he he.

MikeUpNorth

Wobbles like a massive pair of tits
Is test cricket going to survive long-term Spoony? There's pretty much only England, Australia and South Africa left now. Depressing.

Spoony

The People's President
I think we'll see a breakaway...Indians, Zimbos, Ireland et al on one side...the side that favours one day cricket - a different sport, leaving England, South Africa and Australia to ensure the future of test cricket in some form or another. That said, India's not particularly good at the one day stuff either....the world cup was a fluke, much like Greece and the Euros(heh) - ask yourself, where the hell are Greece now? and don't mention their economy.

ha_rooney

Will be interesting if the day/night Test matches have any impact. Personally I think Test Match cricket will be left behind as the majority of nations concentrate on ODI/T20. I hope I'm wrong but with the money available from the IPL and the lack of interest in Test cricket in most countries suggests that Test matches may not survive much longer.