Cricket

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
I guess I'm just pissed at how poor the batting has been bar Kohli. Some of them are top quality batsmen but are woefully out of form and making terrible decisions on the pitch.

Also, no, I can't think of a better alternative than Dhawan, shit as he is right now. We have no choice but to take him to England where he'll dutifully stick his bat out for edges from the first over itself and get Kohli in by the third over.
Yup. Dhawan to be fair to him has an incredible record in the big tournaments so maybe he'll improve. Our world cup prospects don't look good.

KM

I'd even take Rahane or Manish Pandey.
I suspect they'll go with Shankar at number four. Rayudu shouldn't even be in the squad. Pandey is similar. Rahane can be an option.

KM

I think Dhawan till the WC and then hope that Shaw can takeover. Rahul I feel is also very talented but just hasn't done anything in ODI.

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
Rohit
Dhawan
Kohli (c)
?
Dhoni (wk)
Jadeja
Pandya
?
Bhuvi
Shami
Bumrah

We're still looking for our number 4, and the last slot can be decided depending on the pitch and the situation. Kuldeep, Shankar, maybe another batsman - Pandya and Jadeja being all rounders gives us the flexibility to choose that slot on a game by game basis.

KM

Dhawan
Rohit
Kohli
Shankar
Dhoni
Jadhav
Pandya
Kuldeep
Bhuvi/Chahal/Jadeja(depends on the pitch)
Shami
Bumrah

Would be my eleven.

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
Dhawan
Rohit
Kohli
Shankar
Dhoni
Jadhav
Pandya
Kuldeep
Bhuvi/Chahal/Jadeja(depends on the pitch)
Shami
Bumrah

Would be my eleven.
Shankar needs to do more for me, and Jadhav may get the Finch treatment on some pitches. Rather go with Jadeja who usually saves us a few runs on the field and can run through the overs when necessary. Apart from that, I agree.

One of those low balls is going to creep through under the bat of Dhoni. The pitch is changing.

KM

Shankar needs to do more for me, and Jadhav may get the Finch treatment on some pitches. Rather go with Jadeja who usually saves us a few runs on the field and can run through the overs when necessary. Apart from that, I agree.

One of those low balls is going to creep through under the bat of Dhoni. The pitch is changing.
Jadeja has been very poor as a bat. At number six you'd want a better batsman than Jadeja. Jadhav gets in as a pure batsman rather than on his bowling.

KM

I see what you're doing. Kohli is beyond jinxes and anti-jinxes.

He got this.
260 runs in 34 overs. If he wins this then it's one of his greatest innings.

Skills

Snitch
A few too many to equal/beat during the world cup? Though you never know with Kohli :lol::drool:
Good change he'll beat it by the end of the year. During the world cup is too much - I think they'll play 11 matches if they get to the final?

KM

If only he had decent supporting cast around him.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Kohli's consistency is incredible. What a player!

Dudu

Kohli's overall ODI average is back to 60 now, while his average as captain is.. fecking 83. :eek:

Damn.

madRedDevil07

Pitches are fake these days.
Today was not a flat pitch in 2nd innings. Nagpur wicket was tough to bat on as well. Pitches have become easy to bat on now a days but his batting is on another level to others in world cricket. He is THE best of this era in ODI cricket.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Today was not a flat pitch in 2nd innings. Nagpur wicket was tough to bat on as well. Pitches have become easy to bat on now a days but his batting is on another level to others in world cricket. He is THE best of this era in ODI cricket.
Yeah no doubt. The best I've ever seen play limited overs. Always hard to compare with other eras.

Cloud7

Kohli is on another planet, but what's happened to the rest of the batting lineup? It's almost as if they've regressed as Kohli has progressed.
It’s criminal what they’re doing to him to be honest. He is so good and literally carrying the batting of the team these days. They don’t even need to do anything outstanding, they literally just need to support him and play around him, and they don’t even seem capable of that.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
Pitches are fake these days.
I think more than pitches, it's the quality of bowling, bat size (which Sachin himself benefited from), and shorter boundaries.
There's probably a fairer way to compare (player score vs team score or total runs in each match should normalise for that).

NinjaFletch

What odds would you have gotten when England were 32-4 that they'd win by over 100 runs?