Cricket

freeurmind

weak willed
United, Chelsea-Spurs, el Classico and now this game all on a week night. What did we do to deserve all this?

Cloud7

United, Chelsea-Spurs, el Classico and now this game all on a week night. What did we do to deserve all this?
It’s a crazy day mate. I only have two eyes, there’s only so much things I can watch at the same time :(

freeurmind

weak willed
It’s a crazy day mate. I only have two eyes, there’s only so much things I can watch at the same time :(
I've got main TV for Palace-United. Second TV with the cricket. Then doing a split screen on the laptop, Classico one side, Chelsea-Spurs on the other. I'm also periodically checking in on the Cohen testimony. Great hitting by Gayle btw. I missed the Maxwell masterclass earlier. How does he not get into the Oz Test side with his quality?

Cloud7

I've got main TV for Palace-United. Second TV with the cricket. Then doing a split screen on the laptop, Classico one side, Chelsea-Spurs on the other. I'm also periodically checking in on the Cohen testimony. Great hitting by Gayle btw. I missed the Maxwell masterclass earlier. How does he not get into the Oz Test side with his quality?
What a guy ;) Maxwell is my favorite player in all of Australian cricket. From what I read online, the long and short of why he isn’t in the test side is that Steve Smith doesn’t like him. I’m welcome to be corrected by someone more in the know.

freeurmind

weak willed
What a guy ;) Maxwell is my favorite player in all of Australian cricket. From what I read online, the long and short of why he isn’t in the test side is that Steve Smith doesn’t like him. I’m welcome to be corrected by someone more in the know.
Wow, if that's true, it's pretty idiotic given their batting struggles against any decent attack though they did better against SL recently. Hitting in this game is ridiculous.

NinjaFletch

Morgan really is an excellent captain these days. Won that game with his decision to keep Rashid on.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Bloody hell that was a game and a half, thought the Windies had it at numerous points.

Cloud7

Proud of the team. Chasing a 400+ score, that was a good effort. If Hope or Hetmeyer had contributed a bit more, you never know.

I appreciate Hetmeyer’s style, and he is an explosive player, but he needs to use his brain more often. For every performance like the last ODI we get one or two like today.

NinjaFletch

There was an interesting line from Buttler there about his position in the batting line up and about how he came in when he did because Morgan is a left hander and they wanted a right/left combo. Is there any situation though where Stokes coming in before Buttler actually makes sense? I know Buttler is the better finisher, too, but had Morgan got out and Stokes come in when Hales did we probably would have lost this game. Surely you'd always want Buttler in knocking it round at a run a ball and getting set than Stokes who, destructive in his own right though he is, can't do that.

prateik

Turned on India-Aus. Gavaskar has to be the worst commentator of all time.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
The good thing about England's lineup is that they bat deep. No. 10 has 10 first class centuries.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Of course they had to bat like that just a day after I called them WC favorites.

zing

Zingle balls
The good thing about England's lineup is that they bat deep. No. 10 has 10 first class centuries.
Batting deep in odi cricket doesn't matter beyond 6 or 7. Game is lost if youre at that point in 95 percent of that cases.

Dudu

Gayle 50 (19)

Fastest ODI fifty by a Windies player.

He's probably wondering what all the fuss is about this surface :lol:

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Holy shit what an innings.

What a player.