Cricket

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Pakistan in early trouble again.

This series is the first time I’ve seen Kyle Jamieson bowl. Looks a very impressive bowler who compliments Boult & Southee very well.

AshRK

Pakistan in early trouble again.

This series is the first time I’ve seen Kyle Jamieson bowl. Looks a very impressive bowler who compliments Boult & Southee very well.
He was pretty good against India early last year. Great find for NZ.

ha_rooney

That's a screamer from Haris Sohail
That was Pakistan cricket in a nutshell - feck up the simple part then do something magical to get the result.

This is the key partnership for NZ that may well decide the match. Hopefully we don’t let them settle.

ha_rooney

Kane Williamson again with a great knock. Thought we would make a game of it but looks like another loss.

paulscholes18

South Africa had a bit of a collapse then from 218/1- 302 all out. But have a huge 145 run lead

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Williamson is something else man.

Re: Pakistan, they need to stop this obsession with finding the next wonderkid and have polished bowlers in their lineup. It's harsh for Naseem Shah, who's clearly talented but unpolished to be thrusted so soon into test cricket.

ha_rooney

Shan Masood has scored a grand total of 33 runs in his last 8 innings... utterly pathetic!

Williamson is something else man.

Re: Pakistan, they need to stop this obsession with finding the next wonderkid and have polished bowlers in their lineup. It's harsh for Naseem Shah, who's clearly talented but unpolished to be thrusted so soon into test cricket.
I agree. He needs to be taken out of the Test side for a bit. As talented as he is, his pace has come down considerably from the England series & he needs time to develop his game playing first-class cricket.

I am missing Mickey Arthur as coach... under Misbah I’m not seeing anything to suggest he can improve the team, seems to pick his favourites regardless of form & the fielding has reverted to normal once again.

ha_rooney

Playing for New Zealand is going to hamper him as going down as one of the greats of the game.

I’m assuming there’s been some cancelled series because of Covid?!

Just looking at Williamson’s stats, he last played a Test series in England in 2015, India 2016 & South Africa 2016!!

TheGame

Comfortable win for NZ. Williamson is a beast. Anyone seen Kyle Jamieson's stats so far in test cricket - 36 wickets at 13.27! Presumably played a lot of them at home but still amazing figures.

ha_rooney

Comfortable win for NZ. Williamson is a beast. Anyone seen Kyle Jamieson's stats so far in test cricket - 36 wickets at 13.27! Presumably played a lot of them at home but still amazing figures.
He looks a really talented bowler & the bounce he gets compliments Boult & Southee really well. Reminds me a little of Harmison with the awkward bounce he gets from the length he bowls.

I think this win takes NZ top of the Test rankings, but as mentioned above they play a lot of games at home!

zing

Zingle balls
So Saini to debut. The right choice, I think. Regardless of the debate between Saini and the other two, I think Saini is an upgrade on Umesh Yadav in any case.

Can't remember a past away series where we've had so many debut.

Tottenhamguy

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Pakistan need to get Shan Masood and Fawad Alam out the team. Time after time they get given the chance and they don't perform. Missing Babar massively. They should give Imam-ul-Haq another chance opening with Ali.

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
Pucovski looks like another emerging batsman who comes well across his stumps.

Skills

Snitch
Pucovski looks like another emerging batsman who comes well across his stumps.
It actually makes a lot of sense why they do it tbh. You basically remove one mode of dismissal (bowled), your line of sight is along your off-stump and even with LBWs the risk isn't that much higher because a lot of batsmen get out leg before reaching for the ball. If the ball is coming straight onto your pads, most will fancy whipping it away to the boundary - so you're only really screwed if you misjudge the length of the ball or get a low bounce.

ArmchairCritic

It actually makes a lot of sense why they do it tbh. You basically remove one mode of dismissal (bowled), your line of sight is along your off-stump and even with LBWs the risk isn't that much higher because a lot of batsmen get out leg before reaching for the ball. If the ball is coming straight onto your pads, most will fancy whipping it away to the boundary - so you're only really screwed if you misjudge the length of the ball or get a low bounce.
Yep. It just seems to have really become en vogue over the last few years (or maybe I pay more attention to it).

NinjaFletch

I'm not sure it's necessarily the best way to play the moving ball mind, Pucovski's bat has come through pretty straight but there'd definitely be the temptation to work something into the legside that should be met with a straight bat.

SinNombre

I’m assuming there’s been some cancelled series because of Covid?!

Just looking at Williamson’s stats, he last played a Test series in England in 2015, India 2016 & South Africa 2016!!
They are also kinda terrible away to the other big teams, especially Aus and Ind. Not even competitive.

At least, those two teams are competitive everywhere.

YAMS49

This technique works fine when you are in form but as soon as you are out of form you will start playing balls that should go through mid off/on to mid wicket, then you are in real trouble as your head is too far over. As with most new international batsman there will be a period of grace whilst he is 'figured out' so to speak, then the real test begins.

zing

Zingle balls
Rishabh Pant is a dreadful keeper. I had not noticed this previously because the spinners didnt bowl well on the away tours where he played.

On the basis of his keeping, I cannot see him being in the side unless he improves.

Tottenhamguy

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
100 runs partnership for these two, Labuschagne in the nervous nineties(91).

Tottenhamguy

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Next ball out 91 caught in slip to Jadeja, Played well shame he could not get a ton.

mav_9me

Good comeback by India today getting them all out for 338. Brilliant run out by Jadeja. One of my fav sights in cricket, outfielder steaming in, picking up and throwing the ball for a direct hit from far, aiming at 1 stump.

Dudu

Class knock from Smith.

Gill looks quality, like his patient but positive mindset.

NM

Good day for us but having only Vihari and Pant after these guys doesn't bode well. I can see us collapsing tomorrow. Gill's wicket was a big one

zing

Zingle balls
Good day for us but having only Vihari and Pant after these guys doesn't bode well. I can see us collapsing tomorrow. Gill's wicket was a big one
Pulled back enormously from yesterday but rueful that with some luck and application we could’ve ended the day decently ahead. Not much in the pitch for the bowlers.

SinNombre

Jadeja needs to be given respect as a batsman now.

He is averaging 49 as a batsman over his last 25 tests since start of 2017.

The guy doesn’t get his due given his genuine qualities in all 3 facets of the game now.

ArmchairCritic

Jadeja needs to be given respect as a batsman now.

He is averaging 49 as a batsman over his last 25 tests since start of 2017.

The guy doesn’t get his due given his genuine qualities in all 3 facets of the game now.
I was thinking about this. England would give up their left bollock to have Jadeja in all of their teams.