Cricket

Adzzz

Astrophysical Genius - Hard for Grinner
Staff
If England wrap this up today, which is possible, the ground won't be very happy, lots of lost revenue considering how quick these games are passing us by. Nor will Sky Sports be happy, even if it does make for exciting watching.

Neutral

BTV
101-6.

Swann with another, lovely stumping by Prior too.

It is finishing tonight without doubt. Maybe pakistan will be kind enough to finish just in time for the football!

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Pak surviving until tea. WK and Aamer have shown a lot of fight, I wish some of the batters could show the same determination. Been watching the football so not seen the cricket, but just switching it over at HT and bumble was saying there was some 'ugly incident' and 'Strauss should've sorted it'. Anybody know what he's on about?

Neutral

BTV
Once again pakistani rear guard showing the top order what pride is all about. It really is disgusting how this top order has been 6 down for less than 100 in 3 separate innings this tour series!

England to wrap this match up easily in the end, but a better showing by the Pakistani top order, might have made this more of a match.

ha_rooney

Pak lose Ajmal soon after making his 50. Played brilliantly for his knock alongside the wicket-keeper. Pak lead by 89, England will win but the lower-order deserves all the credit for keeping this test match alive for another day.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
I think if they get another 60 runs, than Pakistan will England a fight. Good Batting by those two though.

ha_rooney

Haider out for 88, disappointing shot to get out with but he played brilliantly for his innings. Pakistan's top score of this series, the next top score was made by Umar Gul - that stat says everything about Pak's batting.

ha_rooney

Pakistan survive the day, lead by 112. Spirited effort by the lower order, Haider played very well. England will win this, but somewhat of a psychological victory for Pakistan.

I wish they'd bring Younis back, atleast then we could put up a proper fight in Test matches. The bowling is excellent, the lower order have shown they can offer some resistance with the bat, but the top-order and the fielding is terrible at the moment. Hopefully the PCB see sense, but I doubt it.

Aboutreika18

Pakistan survive the day, lead by 112. Spirited effort by the lower order, Haider played very well. England will win this, but somewhat of a psychological victory for Pakistan.

I wish they'd bring Younis back, atleast then we could put up a proper fight in Test matches. The bowling is excellent, the lower order have shown they can offer some resistance with the bat, but the top-order and the fielding is terrible at the moment. Hopefully the PCB see sense, but I doubt it.
:lol: That'll be the day, mate. :(

zing

Zingle balls
Caught the last 15 overs. Nasser Hussein mentioned in commentary that India's touring England this time next year.. awesome.

Some really good cricket heading India's way after this tri-series. Australia in India, NZ in India, India in South Africa, the World Cup, India in England..

Neutral

BTV
^ one last hurrah for Sachin/Dravid/Laxman in a big away test series I think, well that or a series at home/away against australia.

zing

Zingle balls
We host West Indies next year followed by England. It'll be either of the two. For Sachin and Dravid. feck, that's going to be horrible. They won't retire in an away series, though..

I expect Laxman will play on for another year or more, depending on form. He's a couple of years younger than the other 2.

zing

Zingle balls
On a different note.. Prasanna Jayawardene is the most over-rated player in cricket. There's someone or the other constantly lauding him as being the best keeper in the world, but there's barely any evidence of it. Whenever I see him play, he makes quite a few errors and doesn't do anything exceptional.

Their selectors have bought into the hype and a batting slot is being wasted because of him. They should try out Chandimaal, he looks a player.

KM

Stuart Broad is possibly the biggest cnut playing cricket today in terms of his on pitch behavior, gets a letoff only because his father is a match referee.

Rams

aspiring to be like Ryan Giggs
Good to see Pakistan giving England a game at last, although I suspect it will be too litlle too late. But at least they are showing that they do have a lot of talent with bat & ball.

oleonenumber20

Broad was fined half his match fees wasn't he?

I don't mind him trying to be a aggresive bowler, some of the best bowlers ever were aggresive. But what he did was just childish, someone needs to take him down a peg or 2.

Anyway back to the cricket. It looks like Cooks time is running out. I think he would be better at 3 anyway but he needs a bit of time out of the team, vice captain or not. If Bell was fit I reckon Cook wouldn't be in the next team. I suppose they could bring in Bopara or Bresnan as an allrounder but I can see Cook getting another game.

KM

He pleaded guilty and was fined, how is that let off?
I think he's an idiot though.
Higher match fines have been given for lesser violations, and I'm surprised that it was his first match fine. Sunil Gavaskar has got it spot on here IMO

Stuart Broad gets away with petulance and dissent when playing for England because umpires and referees do not want to upset his father, according to Sunil Gavaskar.

The former India captain has complained in a newspaper column that match officals are reluctant to charge the 23-year-old England all-rounder because Chris Broad, his father, is a fellow ICC referee.

“Remember the umpires and match referees are used to hanging out together in the evenings,” Gavaskar wrote. “[They] forge a good relationship and obviously the umpires are not looking to spoil that by citing the young Broad for a violation of the code of conduct.”

Gavaskar referred to an instance in the first Test of the present series against South Africa in Centurion when Broad argued with the umpires after being given out leg-before after a delayed television review. “He knows he can get away with it and indeed he has,” Gavaskar wrote. “Stuart didn’t think he had done anything wrong in questioning the umpires’ decision to refer the appeal to the third umpire. And therein he has confirmed again that he thinks he is a special case and not on par with the rest.

Swearing and abusing the opposition when things are not going your way is not tough cricket. That is cowardly cricket, for the practitioners of this approach would not have the courage to use the same language off the field to their opponents.”

Northstand

^^LOL...while I agree with Sunil, something not right about HIM coming out with that statement....pot kettle black and all that.

Great find, Zain, and you're right about Gavaskar there. Similarly Chris Broad standing in judgment of players after the way he behaved on occasions reeks of the same hypocrisy.

England have wrapped up the match then, but once again a couple of dropped catches prevented the possibility of Pakistan making it interesting.

KM

Looks like we've decided to give Pakistan some competition in scoring low scores.

Neutral

BTV
India 88 all out in 30 overs.

An absolutely thumping.

Taylor with 95 and Styris with 89 set this up for NZ, and India were never really in the hunt.

zing

Zingle balls
Haider's finger is fractured, courtesy of Broad.. what a twat that guy is. Could possibly cost Haider his career. Not the actual injury, but Kamran will come back in and Haider will be forgotten in a month.

wr8_utd

:'(
Bloody Srilanks :mad:

Sehwag was on 99 and India needed a run to win. Sehwag hits a six but it's a No ball and the one run is given and the six is not given. What the hell?! He ended up being stuck on 99*

wr8_utd

:'(
Randiv to Sehwag, 1 no ball, match is over, but Sehwag has been denied the century. And this is a big no-ball, must I point out? His back foot was close to over-steeping, forget about the front foot. Anyway Sehwag smashed it for six over long-off, but they don't count because the game finishes at no-ball. He raises his arms, but then realises the century is not completed. Doesn't matter to him. He says: "It often happens. When a batsman is on 99 and the scores are level, bowlers try to bowl no-balls and wides. It happens in cricket. Fair enough." What a man

KM

Flat track bully indeed :rolleyes:

What an innings by him, tremendous. Scoring run a ball 99 on a pitch where every other batsman struggled.