Cricket

zing

Zingle balls
Yea you are.
I’d be rightfully told to get fecked if at my job I had to take 4 months for this. It’s unfortunate that it happened but there’s also a distribution of how much break people take and I’ve never heard someone take 4 months for this.

NM

Maybe I'm being an insensitive prick but taking 3 months off for that seems excessive
Your the prick here @zing .. His choice if he plays or not, especially after death of a family member.

NM

I’d be rightfully told to get fecked if at my job I had to take 4 months for this. It’s unfortunate that it happened but there’s also a distribution of how much break people take and I’ve never heard someone take 4 months for this.
You aren't in the top 1% of what you do (I'm making this assumption). Professional sportsperson is not just antother job. If so, people would be calling Pant an idiot, would be disgusted by Pandya playing for India etc. But we don't. All rules are different.

Skills

Snitch
I don't think the issue is playing. It's being away from home and his family - that's quite understandable.

If there was an England home series soon, he'd be back to playing sooner knowing he can still be around his family.

And he's missing the IPL - and let's be honest, nearly all of the overseas players only play it for the money. They have no loyalty or drive beyond money to show up for it. So it was probably an easy choice to just leave the cash on the table for one season.

LDUred

Exciting first day between Bangladesh and Sri Lanka.

Sri Lanka all out for 280 with two players making centuries (both out for 102). Pretty sure that's a new record for a side being bowled out.

Previous lowest innings total with two centurions was South Africa making 296 in Kolkata.

LDUred

CC starting up again today.

Sam Northeast approaching a double century for Glamorgan.

Surely deserves a call up if he can sustain a little form. Scoring 410 last season should have woken the selectors up a bit.

paulscholes18

Sam Northeast with 335 NO, though at 34 don’t know how much the selectors will be looking at him.