Cristiano Ronaldo : The Juventus Chapter | Fin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stadjer

Who cares how he celebrated? It was a beautiful goal, his first CL goal for Juventus infront of the Juventus supporters. He can celebrate however he likes. Why does anyone care? And we won in the end so..
He always showed respect for us and SAF in the past and that's not going to change.
He forced his way out of the club and always said that he wanted to play for Madrid (so another club basically wouldnt even bother trying to outbid Madrid). He respects Ferguson but Manchester United as a club was just a tool to become the legend he is now. Doesnt matter though, he was a 'tool' for the club to have success too. It was just a relation which suited both parties involved.

Not a United legend to me, (one of) the best player(s) to have ever played for the club but he is a Real Madrid legend and not a Manchester United legend as far as i am concerned.

Dont mind him celebrating, it was a weird celebration but it was a great goal and nothing makes Ronaldo more happy than to score goals. Most likely because scoring puts the spotlights on him :lol:

cyberman

“I was happy with the goal, but of course I’m a little bit disappointed because we should win the game with three or four goals. Manchester didn’t do much, they had two chances on set pieces. I know English teams are always looking for set pieces.

And you don't, Cristiano?
We're shit on set pieces I'll have you know.

el3mel

It's easy to talk well about a club when you're on the winning side. Today he wasn't on the winning side though and here it's.

Let's just stop drooling over him. The guy has used our name loads of times already to force Madrid give him new contract or solve his tax problems. He's not as ideal when it comes to us as some of our fans think he's.

Darkhorsez

He forced his way out of the club and always said that he wanted to play for Madrid (so another club basically wouldnt even bother trying to outbid Madrid). He respects Ferguson but Manchester United as a club was just a tool to become the legend he is now. Doesnt matter though, he was a 'tool' for the club to have success too. It was just a relation which suited both parties involved.

Not a United legend to me, (one of) the best player(s) to have ever played for the club but he is a Real Madrid legend and not a Manchester United legend as far as i am concerned.

Dont mind him celebrating, it was a weird celebration but it was a great goal and nothing makes Ronaldo more happy than to score goals. Most likely because scoring puts the spotlights on him :lol:
Exactly my thoughts too

Kostov

Feck Ronaldo, he has always been a grade 1 prick. Never showed half the respect and love he receives from the club itself and our fans.

klsv

I just hope our fans stop drooling over him. Like him but that's it.
Exactly. What he did for us we'll not forget but hope we can drop the "United legend" line now. He's only ever able to show respect when he's winning.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema

Agreed. TBF I do think he cares for Sporting as I remember when he scored against them for us, that was genuine I think, but otherwise I don’t think he’s a club guy. It’ll be interesting if he scores against Real though since there seems to have been at least some bad blood there when he left.

Love seeing this post-match comments tonight though, the mask has certainly slipped now he’s lost a game :lol:

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
Agreed. TBF I do think he cares for Sporting as I remember when he scored against them for us, that was genuine I think, but otherwise I don’t think he’s a club guy. It’ll be interesting if he scores against Real though since there seems to have been at least some bad blood there when he left.

Love seeing this post-match comments tonight though, the mask has certainly slipped now he’s lost a game :lol:
Did he slag us off in a post-match interview or something?

deafepl

Will Ronaldo say the same thing about the performance if they meet City with overwhelming attacking and world-class midfield?

Yagami

Good post resistant
A "legend" that saw us as a stepping stone...feck that.
I don't like him, and it's obvious he doesn't care about the club, but he's undoubtedly a United legend. He arguably had the best individual season our clubs ever seen from a player, resulting in one of the clubs greatest ever seasons.

tomaldinho1

Not really

Why are people reacting negatively to this - they should have comfortably won. Khedira missed open goal, Cuadrado the same, Dybala hit the bar, DDG made a great save from deflection.. what did we do, had an excellent freekick (set piece) and also bundled in the winner from a long cross.

MalcolmTucker

Great goal but that celebration is so odd, imagine being 34 years old and showing off your abs?

Anyone who didn't cringe or find it utterly embarrassing is a certified weirdo

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Why are people reacting negatively to this - they should have comfortably won. Khedira missed open goal, Cuadrado the same, Dybala hit the bar, DDG made a great save from deflection.. what did we do, had an excellent freekick (set piece) and also bundled in the winner from a long cross.
Rashford should have also scored what was one of the best chances of the game but ok.

I'd say United deserved to win because winning is not based of principle it is based off key events. Juventus fluffed their chance while United didn't.

saivet

Amazing goal tbf.

Not that bothered about his celebration. Think he may have pointed to the away fans towards the end of his celebration and gave them a gesture either way.

It's been 9 years since he left. Just w/e.
That's certainly what it looked like assuming he wasn't pointing to someone else.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
A "legend" that saw us as a stepping stone...feck that.
He left because Madrid were paying him three times more than what United were paying him, not because Madrid were the better team at the time or he saw United as a stepping stone.

He says nothing but great things about United every time he's asked about it and he apologized everytime he's scored against you. What do people here want him to do? Have Sir Alex portraits all over his house and sleep in United pyjamas like all the other Manchester United legends apparently do?

This 'United legend' argument deserves a poll tbh, would be very interesting to see what most United fans here think.

Zlatattack

Lol. It's nice to stick it to him.

He's a wonderful player and was incredible for us, but he is well arrogant (always has been) and that celebration was an example of arrogance.

Glad we took the 3 points.

Canagel

If he celebrates: 'what a cnut, lack of respect'
If he doesn't celebrate: 'what a cnut, making it all about himself'

The problem for those people isn't that he celebrated, it's that he left.
It's quite funny seeing how people have been offended. I mean this was two weeks ago..

Ludens the Red

:lol: Some of the comments in here. You’d think the average age of the cafe is about 11 if you read the last page of this thread.

MrEleson

He left because Madrid were paying him three times more than what United were paying him, not because Madrid were the better team at the time or he saw United as a stepping stone.
Sorry but I don't agree. Had nothing to with money otherwise United would have tried to entice him with the highest salary possible. Rooney signed a deal close to what Ronaldo was earning at Madrid just 1 year later in 2010 so no reason why he we wouldn't have paid him higher.

MrEleson

Emotions aside, his achievements in England would make him a United legend. He was the focal point and spearhead to one of the most successful periods in the club's history.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
That is ridiculous:lol: Stops and takes a look at his abs like he is surprised. What is he thinking there

el3mel

It's quite funny seeing how people have been offended. I mean this was two weeks ago..

As I said it's easier to do all this whoe you're on the winning side. Today he wasn't.

I like the guy for sure and his last 2 seasons with us were nothing short of magnificent but he's not as ideal as some of our fans seem to think about him when it comes to United. He had no problems previously in using United name to press Madrid for his personal issues. Time to put his relaion with the club at its correct place and stop over drooling over him at every instance. I like and respect him as one our best ex players, but that's it. Let's not stretch it. He admires and respects us for his time and what Fergie did for him, and again that's it.

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
Kinda makes me think of that quote from Crouch's book...

In his new book, former England striker Peter Crouch relayed stories told by Three Lions team-mate Rio Ferdinand about Ronaldo during his time at Old Trafford.

Ferdinand revealed Ronaldo's United team-mates used Lionel Messi to motivate him:

"Rio Ferdinand would tell us stories about how Cristiano Ronaldo would stand in front of the mirror naked, running his hand through his hair, and say, 'Wow. I'm so beautiful!'
"The other United players would try to wind him up [by saying] 'Whatever, Leo Messi is a better player than you.'
"He would shrug his shoulders and smile again. 'Ah yes. But Messi does not look like this.'"

Maybe it's that :smirk::lol:

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
It' easy to talk well about a club when you're on the winning side. Today he wasn't on the winning side though and here it's.

Let's just stop drooling over him. The guy has used our name loads of times already to force Madrid give him new contract or solve his tax problems. He's not as ideal when it comes to us as some of our fans think he's.
Yeap. I hope the Cristiano fans here has realised this.

Kapardin

This post summarizes him perfectly. Funnily enough, it also applies to Jose, who has no major affection to any club other than how it helps him further his own image and rep. Both are passionate about the game as well, 100% dedication to the sport without any distractions.

cyberman

I didn't see the match, but all the reports I've read suggest he aint wrong tbf.
Not really. It was a tight game until they scored, then they dominated for ten minutes and could have scored two more.
We equalised, dominated and scored one more and should have scored another.
The only reason we didn't have the same ten minutes of domination was because of how close to the end we scored.
Its sour grapes.
We showed we had it in us to turn that momentum around. I don't think Juve had it in them to do the same

prateik

Best player I've seen play for us.. Won a Balon D'Or with us. If that isnt enough to be a club legend, I have no idea what is.

I don't understand people trying to downplay how great he was for us..

Status
Not open for further replies.