Cristiano Ronaldo’s next club? | Al Nassr

Status
Not open for further replies.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
And, crucially, it’s his only offer.
The problem here is that it’s most likely not his only offer however it is the only offer that appeals to him.

As has been noted by others he is reluctant to lower his wages and wants to still be paid what he feel he is worth. Thus the only ones that can afford him are the oil saudi clubs or China clubs.

If he chose to lower his wages significantly he would have many options to choose from but he won’t do that (Personally I don’t know why) however after seeing this reported contract he is about to sign I don’t blame him.

Still, it is sad to see him end his reign in Europe.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
What do people with loads of money want? More money
100%. This was never about footballing reasons. It’s all anyone wants, really.

Honestly I reckon the thing that pissed him off most was the 25% salary reduction clause we had in his contract after we didn’t make the CL

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
This might be his final career contract. I think he finally realized his cycle is closing sooner that he thought. Going to a "middle-class" team could be a bad move because there's always the risk of becoming a bench player.

In Al Nassr he is guaranteed money and if he's still thirsty for records he might want to become the player with more goals scored on Asian Champions League, which is harder than it looks because his team mates are not exactly bright football players.

Shai-Hulud

Couldn't he have done this during the summer? Would have saved us all a bunch of trouble. And we would have gotten a transfer fee.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
It makes sense if he does have a good WC, as there's nothing much to add in his achievement list.

And his motivation for the move, apart from getting huge paid out, is being top of the Forbes list every year as top earning athletes, over the next 2 years.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
"The thing about clubs not wanting me is not true. Many clubs want me"

Moves to Saudi Arabia.

kps88

I think he's afraid of moving to any half decent club in Europe as there's a good chance he'll end up getting benched again.

Gavinb33

Ronaldo is too old to play at the highest level. Thus he kicked out a proper fuss that contributed in him being released from a situation were everyone would see the plaster going off while concurrently making loads of money. This should have been handled better. United should have allowed him to go on free and Ronaldo should have left the club gracefully. Its yet another mess of the Murtoughy-Ole administration who gave a 36+ a silly contract to start with
He was available for free near the end of the window every reputable source said there were no takers or none that he liked at that time, just like he is available for free now and there is only 1 option he can take so he has no choice

Nero

Wonder if his fanboys on here and around the world will be tuning in to Saudi Arabian league football?

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
He was available for free near the end of the window every reputable source said there were no takers or none that he liked at that time, just like he is available for free now and there is only 1 option he can take so he has no choice
He wasn't available for free. We wanted money for him

nainaisson

Couldn't he have done this during the summer? Would have saved us all a bunch of trouble. And we would have gotten a transfer fee.
It's the club's fault for offering a two year contract to a 36-year-old striker who was obviously going to unsettle the dressing room if he was no longer good enough to start. Hard to think of any other club that would make such an idiotic decision.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
It's the club's fault for offering a two year contract to a 36-year-old striker who was obviously going to unsettle the dressing room if he was no longer good enough to start. Hard to think of any other club that would make such an idiotic decision.
Except the Saudi’s tried in the summer and Ronaldo rejected it

Shai-Hulud

Yeah, I agree. Very naive. He should never have come back here.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Funny to see he'd rather take the cash and effectively retire rather than turn into a squad player somewhere like in Portugal.

nainaisson

Except the Saudi’s tried in the summer and Ronaldo rejected it
Yeah, but if we offered Ronaldo a one year contract with the option of a second, like the Cavani deal, we wouldn't have been stuck with him after he rejected Saudi's offer.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Wonder if his fanboys on here and around the world will be tuning in to Saudi Arabian league football?
Considering he’s the most famous athlete on earth that is probably going to happen yes.

UpWithRivers

Well it all makes sense. He wanted to play Champions League and wanted out but no one would pay the cash for him so he stayed. He delayed the Saudi deal because he knew he could take it later. Decided one more year of top flight football which also helps with the world cup. You never know if he would have been picked if he was in Saudi. He has had a sht year but got into the world cup so decided to get out by all means possible. Get me the biggest cnt you know for an interview! And his work is done

Apokalips

Manchester United only care about commercial interests, not football performance says the individual who spends all of his time advertising random products and moves to Saudi for 200m a year? Surely not.

Ironically, if United cared only about commercial aspects and not about performance then we'd have bent over for this diva and made sure he played 90 minutes every match.

Korwas

Wonder if Ronaldos PR team will add Asian CL goals to his CL record.

Bwuk

Going from 500k a week here to 3.3m in Saudi. SIUUUUU.

MegadrivePerson

I'm sure they will be claiming that the Premier League is a farmers league and that Saudi Arabia is now the highest level in no time!

joedirt87

yes, but that would mean Ronaldo actually helped the club instead of doing something only for himself.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Unreal paycheck, lame ending to an amazing career. If only Ronaldo could accept his decline and be willing to play the second fiddle.

Status
Not open for further replies.