Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
That tantrum he threw yesterday... He's such a monumental wanker. I just can't help but have utter contempt for him. Doesn't make him any less one of the greatest players ever, but my God, I have children who are less whingy. I needed to vent this. As you were. Siuuuuu etc.

chiz2kul

they love you and then they hate you.
when hasnt he been upset at coming off? which elite player wants to get subbed? this fan/media reaction is completely overblown but such is the state of the club these days

mctrials23

when hasnt he been upset at coming off? which elite player wants to get subbed? this fan/media reaction is completely overblown but such is the state of the club these days
Most people don't behave like a child when something goes against them. Your feeling on a matter don't have to be expressed in a public tantrum for them to exist. If I am pissed off at work about something I don't throw my laptop in the air and huff and puff in front of everyone to make sure they know how immature I am.

captaincantona

Nah...he appears on tv spouting about leadership and saying he believes in the manager...a week later he is publicly behaving like a brat - not a leader - and undermining the manager he he supposedly backs. It’s just irritating. You put up with it if his performances are worth it but they aren’t.

United in sin

Weren't we without him for the last 2 games? In what way did we look better?

Also, was the plan for Ronaldo to play in midfield?
We didnt have a single attempt on target in the first half against Brentford and we looked disjointed in attack. Our first half performance was a shambles. We looked much better without Ronaldo against Villa. We were much more cohesive in attack

goptun

There's no guarantee Ronaldo will score a goal against West Ham at the weekend either just because he was substituted tonight. I don't get Rangnicks logic. and then it's another 2 weeks before we play a match again.. imagine he doesn't score against West Ham at the weekend that's a whole 2 weeks of media/press stories about the media and press criticising Ronaldo not scoring for ages on a goal drought, unhappy, frustrated etc it's a sideshow but it's a sideshow Rangnick has created as he would've scored tonight if he stayed on the pitch. Rangnick will learn very quickly that you can't manage Ronaldo like any other player.

Momentum is massive in football especially for strikers and if he scored against Brentford tonight he would go into the West Ham game full of confidence.. now he will go into the game not happy, frustrated and desperate to score so expect him to try his hardest to score so shoot on site from minute 1.

he needs a goal to relax and calm him down as he hasn't scored a goal for awhile over a month I think. That's what his teammates should be trying to do against West Ham try and help him get his confidence back with a goal as a happy and settled Ronaldo is good for the team. He plays more freely etc and the team needs that to get top 4.

clearly Ronaldo is not happy right now. The smile has gone. He desperately needs a goal to bring that smile back. I hope he gets that goal against West Ham at the weekend.. it'll be nice to see his team-mates help to try to lift his mood and confidence by trying to feed him and playing more unselfish especially the young players as they scored tonight. Ronaldo hasn't scored a goal in over a month a think. He needs it more.
Bang on. It’s Ronaldo, people hate him because of how he looks and what he’s achieved. Whatcha going to do? *shrug*
This thread is fecking classical.

goptun

Nah...he appears on tv spouting about leadership and saying he believes in the manager...a week later he is publicly behaving like a brat - not a leader - and undermining the manager he he supposedly backs. It’s just irritating. You put up with it if his performances are worth it but they aren’t.
Exactly. It's doubly frustrating because, as you said, he literally gave an interview a week ago about trusting the manager and telling the players to act right. Also, he came off for Maguire - it was a tactical decision. I'd sort of understand if he got hooked for Martial or something, but even then it's like... Ronnie, you're 37 pal. Thems the breaks me duck.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Every professional wants to win, this whole ‘mentality’ thing is overblown. He just wants to be the centre of attention, only happy when he scores.
Yep. Of course some want to win more than others, but then let’s bring back Keane and Becks as they were winners too.

Sick of hearing all this, same how no one else goes to gym doing extra work. Maybe just maybe (not that we can actually see it on the pitch, but who knows) other players also work extra hours but they might rather work on improving their passing or crossing which you know would actually benefit the team more.

passing-wind

Every professional wants to win, this whole ‘mentality’ thing is overblown. He just wants to be the centre of attention, only happy when he scores.
I disagree I think the modern time of footballers is that so many are perhaps caught up with the money and celebrity status that they lose the drive to be competitive in their profession.

Strelok

Talk is cheap and action always speak the truth.

Ronaldo's ego

Incorrectly predicted the 2020 US Election
I'm better than Messi (even though I'm not)
:lol: what absolute nonsense. So like of Ronaldo, Djokovic and other sportsmen who are known for having an out of the world mentality -- it's just an overblown thing?
He mopes around when things don’t go right and clearly moaning about being taken off when the team is in a good position and the youngsters are having a good game. Must be doing wonders for the morale of a squad that’s already lacking confidence. A player of his status and experience should lead by example and pull others up around them. We had three academy players score last night but Ronaldo was only interested in the fact that Ronaldo didn’t get to score.
I disagree I think the modern time of footballers is that so many are perhaps caught up with the money and celebrity status that they lose the drive to be competitive in their profession.
The odds of making it to that level are minuscule, you don’t make it that far without the drive and will to win. Some people have it more than others but Ronaldo isn’t some phenomenon because he doesn’t like losing.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
He mopes around when things don’t go right and clearly moaning about being taken off when the team is in a good position and the youngsters are having a good game. Must be doing wonders for the morale of a squad that’s already lacking confidence. A player of his status and experience should lead by example and pull others up around them. We had three academy players score last night but Ronaldo was only interested in the fact that Ronaldo didn’t get to score.

The odds of making it to that level are minuscule, you don’t make it that far without the drive and will to win. Some people have it more than others but Ronaldo isn’t some phenomenon because he doesn’t like losing.
Your username is correct. Ronaldo's interview about mentality and then his meltdown after being subbed after a subpar game points back to Ronaldos obsession about making it all about him.

Smores

Yeah the players on the pitch were really impacted by Ronaldo grumbling to himself in the dugout. What utter tripe.

It's baffling that some of you would rather players showed no standards or dedication and just happily sit on the bench and collect their wages.

There's no doubt our players look to Ronaldo's drive to succeed with envy.

SATA

I don’t believe for one second that he genuinely cares about this club. Affection for Fergie and some good memories of the club yes but it was never this far between him and the club. Also did he walked to the away end to applaud the travelling support yesterday or did he as usual disappeared into the tunnel once the whistle was blown? Any fan who went to the game can tell us?

Ronaldo's ego

Incorrectly predicted the 2020 US Election
I'm better than Messi (even though I'm not)
Yeah the players on the pitch were really impacted by Ronaldo grumbling to himself in the dugout. What utter tripe.

It's baffling that some of you would rather players showed no standards or dedication and just happily sit on the bench and collect their wages.

There's no doubt our players look to Ronaldo's drive to succeed with envy.
I’m sure they do look up to him, which makes it even more silly when young players are having a good game and instead of being content with being in a good position to win the game Ronaldo wants to absolutely make sure everyone sees he’s not happy about being subbed.

I’m not sure what players sitting on the bench collecting wages has got to do with it, I’m talking about Ronaldo’s attitude. Moping around and whinging when things don’t go your way isn’t how you raise standards of people around you.

USREDEVIL

He's a GOAT but nobody's bigger than the club. I think we need to rotate him a bit and he needs to accept it. For UCL though, he's our man.

chiz2kul

Most people don't behave like a child when something goes against them. Your feeling on a matter don't have to be expressed in a public tantrum for them to exist. If I am pissed off at work about something I don't throw my laptop in the air and huff and puff in front of everyone to make sure they know how immature I am.
I just dont think its that big of a deal. Yes he was a bit expressive when subbed off. it happens. doesnt mean that he doesnt believe in the manager or is undermining the manager. those two things are not mutually exclusive. arent these guys supposed to have feelings and have the occasional outburst when they can't "control" their emotions? cut him some slack, he's human after all.
i just dont think its that big of a deal. if there's some sort of incident in training, or argument on the field, everyone (fans/media) make it seem a much bigger deal that it is. it really isnt.

Jericho

Atleast you’d be showing that you care or something like that

mctrials23

I just dont think its that big of a deal. Yes he was a bit expressive when subbed off. it happens. doesnt mean that he doesnt believe in the manager or is undermining the manager. those two things are not mutually exclusive. arent these guys supposed to have feelings and have the occasional outburst when they can't "control" their emotions? cut him some slack, he's human after all.
i just dont think its that big of a deal. if there's some sort of incident in training, or argument on the field, everyone (fans/media) make it seem a much bigger deal that it is. it really isnt.
You're treating this as an isolated incident. A one off. He does this on the pitch and off the pitch when he is not happy and its indicative of a player with a massive ego who thinks that he is more important than the team. One off outbursts can be accepted but this isn't a one off is it. Context is everything.

Atleast you’d be showing that you care or something like that
Exactly eh, pashun. When the boss wants to fire me I'm sure that my manager will defend me and talk about how I just care so damn much and they wish that everyone in the office threw their laptops in the air more often.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
I'd love to see some sort of poll tracking how people feel about Ronaldo (be it whether he should be nailed starter, whether he should be a squad player, whether he fits the team, whether they'd be bothered if he left in the summer, whether he was a bad signing, or whatever) and whether sentiment changes as the season goes on but I also don't want to wish the arguments that would bring onto the forum.

Redlyn

There is always one person who finds it completely acceptable behaviour.

Smores

I’m sure they do look up to him, which makes it even more silly when young players are having a good game and instead of being content with being in a good position to win the game Ronaldo wants to absolutely make sure everyone sees he’s not happy about being subbed.

I’m not sure what players sitting on the bench collecting wages has got to do with it, I’m talking about Ronaldo’s attitude. Moping around and whinging when things don’t go your way isn’t how you raise standards of people around you.
Yeah real breaking news is a striker upset at coming off having not scored. I mean when does that ever happen eh.

He went and sat down whilst grumbling you think he slapped the manager the way some of you are in hysterics.

It's bad enough some of you were lying in the match thread about him not celebrating. In fact was that you?

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
I'd love to see some sort of poll tracking how people feel about Ronaldo (be it whether he should be nailed starter, whether he should be a squad player, whether he fits the team, whether they'd be bothered if he left in the summer, whether he was a bad signing, or whatever) and whether sentiment changes as the season goes on but I also don't want to wish the arguments that would bring onto the forum.
If people could stick to discussing the questions you mention above, that would greatly improve the Ronaldo related threads on here.

They won't, though - of course not - so I know what you mean.

SirAF

Ageist
Exactly eh, pashun. When the boss wants to fire me I'm sure that my manager will defend me and talk about how I just care so damn much and they wish that everyone in the office threw their laptops in the air more often.
You’re not the best of all time in your field. Don’t throw your laptop around.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
I bet you're one of those who look at Ronaldo after a goal to see how he's not celebrating. Give it a break.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
He was subbed off against brentford while leading 2-0. He wasnt taken off in a cl final.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Reminiscence of old past it RvP in van Gaal's last season.

Really poor at holding the ball, very rigid, doesn't move a lot, playing for himself to show the world he is not done, poor partnership with partner behind him(Bruno and Rooney), occasional nice goal or a move to mask poor performance.

His start of the season was good and I really thought it could potentially be a good season from him, but 6 non penalty goals after 15ish apps in the league is something that we would easily spread between Greenwood, Bruno, Cavani, Rashford and Martial if we didn't sign him. It's true that where he goes the forwards around him score less, but teams generally score around the same(we probably scored even less than last season at this stage tbf). In hindsight it would be lovely if he went to City.

Eddy_JukeZ

That game against West Ham, I thought he very looked spry bar 1 moment.

He looked good vs Nuno's Spurs too(not saying much).

Since then, he has very much looked and played like a 36 year old in the Prem.

His physical decline is even more evident this season than before.

jeff_goldblum

Chest pass aside he was poor against Brentford. He was a logical sub to make both in terms of what he had offered offensively up to that point and in terms of what he would have been capable of offering workrate-wise going into the last period of the game.

His reaction to be subbed shows he needs a bit of a reality check. Ronaldo is in the team to provide goal threat first and foremost, not for his ability to press or for his all-round game (understandably at his age). When he's not offering the former or when we need the latter more, there's little footballing reason to justify him being on the pitch over others, and both were the case when he was subbed last night. Rangnick doesn't seem to be in the habit of picking teams based on name recognition, how much they cost or how much they earn, nor should he be.

Dante

Average bang
It wouldn't surprise me if that tantrum was deliberately planned beforehand with Rangnick... a way to broadcast to the world (and the rest of the squad) what it's supposed to mean to have a Manchester United mentality.

This is the sort of attitude I want to see from all of our dressing room leaders. Like the coolest kid in your class, he's the one who sets the tone. Pogba was the last big presence who ruled over our squad. But you never would have seen this kind of single minded passion from him. And more's the pity.

The cultural reset we need is exactly what Ronaldo showed on Saturday. We lost it under LvG when he sold the likes of Rafael, Evra, Vidic, Rio, RvP etc. and bought the likes of AdM, Falcao, Schweinsteiger, Martial etc. Jose began to claw it back, but fecked up the squad's age profile in the process. Ole brought in a better blend of ages, but lost the players' trust before he could see it through. Hopefully Rangnick can pick up the baton now and run with it.

It's not always about building a squad of talented players. You also need the right personalities. Ronaldo has that in spades. It's the manager's job now to set that as the standard.

the_cliff

You are either really salty Ronaldo moved to Madrid or clueless, or possibly even both.

He wouldn't be in the 10 legends in United history? One of the best players ever to grace the pitch? Surely not :lol::lol:

The man is just 18 goals beind RVN who is our 11th top goal scorer and 23 goals behind knocking Scholes out of the top 10.

Your hate and agenda is clear to see after that idiotic comment. Whether you like it or not he is a United legend and one of the best to ever play here.
Nah he wouldn't be in my top 10 United Legends in history. Sorry mate.

I can't put a player in that played the majority of his prime at another club as a top 10 United legend. Guess we have different standards.

BorisManUtd

He'll be 37 in 2 weeks. Should accept rotation so we have him fully fit and ready, especially for 2nd part of the season with some crucial games coming up.

MrEleson

Nah he wouldn't be in my top 10 United Legends in history. Sorry mate.

I can't put a player in that played the majority of his prime at another club as a top 10 United legend. Guess we have different standards.
For what he achieved with United, he’s definitely a United legend. If you consider the likes of Kaka a Milan legend, Hazard a chelsea legend then Ronaldo (who did more than the aforementioned did for their respective clubs) is unquestionably a United legend.

GOAT 777

Supports
Portugal, Sporting
Doesn't matter anymore does it.. Ronaldo will be gone in the summer anyway and people in this thread who are relentlessly going over the top criticising him and his whole season based on 1 game will get what they want and everyone can move on.. Same for the British Media like Sky, Talksport, The Sun etc they will kill the Golden Goose and lose loads of viewers and they only have themselves to blame for scapegoating.

yes you can say someone has had a bad game and move on but when you are relentlessly posting constantly bringing up stats etc to criticise a players whole season it screams agenda and going over the top.. That some people have the energy to search for these negative things about their own player to criticise them says more about them. If only football was based on stats eh? Here's a stat and fact; We wouldn't be in the Champions League if it wasn't for Ronaldo..

Like the great Brian Clough said football is a simple game and all these stats and VAR etc are actually killing the game.. I hate modern football and the new generation of football fans it's so soul-less and tribal constantly using stats etc to settle arguements that use to be settled down the pub with actual debates now they are settled and argued behind a computer keyboard using stats on Twitter drinking green tea instead of pints of beer down the pub .. and modern football is all about creating dramas and talking points with TV Pundits, Sky and Clickbaits etc

one thing I admire about Liverpool fans is the way they treat their club legends and look after them. I wish I could say the same for United fans.

that's all.

have a nice day.
Completely agree.

Rangnick is a Rafa Benítez doppelganger, who wanted to teach Ronaldo how to score penalty kicks.

I really don't know what else to add, some collective belief that Ronaldo is hurting the team is starting to form and I see no going back. The whole club management is in a total mess from top to bottom and many fans need a plot to deny the fact that changing Solskjær for Rangnick made it even worse. Ronaldo is the natural scapegoat.

Only a few great minds, like Rio, can see what's going on but I don't think their insights will suffice.

The die has been cast. Let's hope for the best.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
When Bruno did it last year it was passion. When Ronaldo does it, it's a tantrum?

Status
Not open for further replies.