g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });
Cristiano Ronaldo image 7

Cristiano Ronaldo Portugal flag

2021-22 Performances

View full 2021-22 profile

5.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

the_cliff

I said he played bad this game as well. No shying away from it.

My point still stands though.
It doesn't actually.

Ronaldo is not Elanga. He's Ronaldo and has the expectations of Ronaldo, he's expected to finish those chances because he's Ronaldo. It's all good and well a youth product playing as badly as Ronaldo because he's probably on 40k-50k a week but Ronaldo was brought to finish chances and is paid 500k a week to do so.

So yes we're shit without Ronaldo.
and for 500k a week extra and plenty of annoying fanboys extra we're still shit with him.

Bobski

Unfortunately that’s what happens when the top top players get old. His body can’t keep up with what his brain wants him to do.
He goes at the ball hard, always has, earlier in his career he could make the little micro adjustments needed for a good touch, now he is just much more stiff robotic. Giggs still had a great touch and ability to run with the ball into his 40's, different type of athlete though.

AndySmith1990

Oh wow well will you look at that, Ronaldo didn’t start and United are still shite. It’s almost like the problem isn’t the player but much deeper then that as his previously been stated.

United won’t ever get out of this situation when the fans don’t even know what the problem is and Blame players (not just Ronaldo) when it’s much more then that.

Ronaldo on an actually functioning team scored you 30 a season with his eyes closed.
I'm not posting this to take the piss, I'm just genuinely interested to know the answer.

Are you aware that you're obsession with Ronaldo is unhealthy? Or does it feel normal to you?

Ladron de redcafe

How can you doubt it when last season in Juve (who were not that great) he scored over 30.

Now at United he is struggling more is it the player or is it the club? Like I said…30+ goals last season.

But sure “because of my club their is bias” and not the fact that I am giving you facts.
Who cares? There's a reason Juventus wanted him out. The entire team played to feed him his goals and the team struggled as a result and resided in fifth place before benching him in the last match of the season and getting top 4.

He's regressed even further because he's a year older, and in a better league. Even if he did score more than he's been scoring, that has nothing to do with his overall performances which have been diabolocally bad.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
It doesn't actually.

Ronaldo is not Elanga. He's Ronaldo and has the expectations of Ronaldo, he's expected to finish those chances because he's Ronaldo. It's all good and well a youth product playing as badly as Ronaldo because he's probably on 40k-50k a week but Ronaldo was brought to finish chances and is paid 500k a week to do so.

So yes we're shit without Ronaldo.
and for 500k a week extra and plenty of annoying fanboys extra we're still shit with him.
The point is especially at his age he needed to join a functioning team because of course his legs have miles.

In a club like city or Bayern or PSG he scores for fun. Just last season he showed that. In Italy.

Ladron de redcafe

The point is especially at his age he needed to join a functioning team because of course his legs have miles.

In a club like city or Bayern or PSG he scores for fun. Just last season he showed that. In Italy.
What would PSG or City do with him? He'd be warming their benches because he isn't good enough to start for either.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I don’t blame him because he wasn’t on for too long, but he didn’t really make a positive impact when he did come on.
I couldn’t believe it when I read he hasn’t scored since we last played Burnley at the end of last year.

the_cliff

Well, let's hope he one of those clubs will want him in the summer then.

He must surely have plenty of suitors if what you're saying is true.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
His touch is now slowly failing him. Ronaldo isnt our best player and if he doesn’t score, he offers absolutely nothing. This game wasn’t on him but everyone can see that he no longer is impactful that he was. I wouldn’t shed tears when he eventually leave at the end of the season when we dont make top 4.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Not particularly gonna fault him today but nor do I think starting him would have improved the side at all.

wr8_utd

:'(

He'll probably blame PSG, Munich and City too if he signs for them and is crap once again.

SportingCP96

Supports
I'm not posting this to take the piss, I'm just genuinely interested to know the answer.

Are you aware that you're obsession with Ronaldo is unhealthy? Or does it feel normal to you?
My only obsession is Sporting and it is sickeningly unhealthy I must admit.

Just some of the things read on here are ridiculous and I know the feeling because it happened at Sporting in the dark times.

Also I hate to say this but reading the Cafe now is reminiscent to how RAWK used to be. The club is rotten top to bottom and people are blaming players.

Put whoever you want in this team and they would still tie 1-1 to Burnley that’s the state the club is in.

SportingCP96

Supports
What would PSG or City do with him? He'd be warming their benches because he isn't good enough to start for either.
Messi who has had a worse season starts for PSG so please come again.

Once again ridiculous statements like these is why I even comment on here.

El Jefe

If finishes out of the top four guarantees his exit then I hope we don't make it. We didn't drop points because of him but he's almost dead weight in this team. We were shite without him but with him in the team we're shite and he's holding us back.

the_cliff

He'll probably blame PSG, Munich and City too if he signs for them and is crap once again.
Ronaldo's next club will either be in Portugal or in the US. No serious team that cares more about trophies than social media will take him.

SportingCP96

Supports

Age plays a factor. It’s a hypothetical and since PSG just got Messi it won’t happens and Bayern has Lewa.

but sure.

Ladron de redcafe

Messi who has had a worse season starts for PSG so please come again.

Once again ridiculous statements like these is why I even comment on here.
What does the goat have to do with this thread? This is a Ronaldo discussion thread. PSG opted to go for Messi rather than Ronaldo for a reason, but that's for another thread.

Citing ad-lapidums while making one delusional fanboy post after another just makes you look more ridiculous.

Bobski

Who cares? There's a reason Juventus wanted him out. The entire team played to feed him his goals and the team struggled as a result and resided in fifth place before benching him in the last match of the season and getting top 4.

He's regressed even further because he's a year older, and in a better league. Even if he did score more than he's been scoring, that has nothing to do with his overall performances which have been diabolocally bad.
People, especially when it comes to big names, massively overrate goal totals, which don't really matter if they are not making the team as a whole better.

SportingCP96

Supports
What does the goat have to do with this thread? This is a Ronaldo discussion thread. PSG opted to go for Messi rather than Ronaldo for a reason, but that's for another thread.

Citing ad-lapidums while making one delusional fanboy post after another just makes you look more ridiculous.
The goat plays in Manchester.

the_cliff

Let's not make this a Messi Vs Ronaldo thread. Nobody gives a shit.

All we care about are his performances for United. Which have over the last 10-15 games have been nothing short of shocking.

Ladron de redcafe

People, especially when it comes to big names, massively overrate goal totals, which don't really matter if they are not making the team as a whole better.
It isn't even rocket science. The fact that people who watch a sport don't understand something so simple is puzzling. Repeating hammering home cumulative goal totals as if they're what constitutes a great performance is just silly.

Wolf1992

Supports
No team in particular.

Why would Bayern disrupt their harmony signing Ronaldo?

Can't see any Bayern board member excited about signing 37 yo Ronaldo.

Joel Miller

Oh wow well will you look at that, Ronaldo didn’t start and United are still shite. It’s almost like the problem isn’t the player but much deeper then that as his previously been stated.

United won’t ever get out of this situation when the fans don’t even know what the problem is and Blame players (not just Ronaldo) when it’s much more then that.

Ronaldo on an actually functioning team scored you 30 a season with his eyes closed.
But why are you even here? Do you not find it strange for a Sporting fan to hang around here not even to discuss football in general, but purely to blow smoke up Ronaldo’s arse and make ridiculous claims about his form? It’s really weird mate honestly. You were probably praying for a Burnley win when you realised your boy had been benched because of his poor form.

MUFC OK

Better than Cavani who inexcusably started after choosing t stay home in Uruguay for an extra 2 days.

KeanoMagicHat

Did you watch any of this game? At all? United should have been 3-0 up after 30 mins and got some awful decisions against. So United weren't shite in this game and looked better without Ronaldo on the pitch. Ronaldo came on at 60 minutes and was terrible again.

el3mel

He's only getting worse from here.

Sell the feck out of him in summer and invest in a long term, more mobile striker.

SportingCP96

Supports
Not a narrative, when none of them went for him when they had a chance. And wouldn't go for him if he decides to leave this summer.
Because City was after one and Neymar is best buds with Messi and Bayern would not get neither when they have Lewa. Think a little.

But sure mr. 2 goals in ligue1 would be the answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.