5.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ladron de redcafe

Because City was after one and Neymar is best buds with Messi and Bayern would not get neither when they have Lewa. Think a little.

But sure mr. 2 goals in ligue1 would be the answer.
Sounds like excuses to explain why neither City nor Bayern want him. Understandable.

Gordon S

I see 500k per week mentioned a lot, that is obvously exaggerated right? Right?

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
But they do have Lewandowski, who's a much better player. Ergo, they don't want Ronaldo. Which was the point.
Yes….they have Lewa…..hence they don’t need Ronaldo or messi…nothing to do with quality but to do with the move not making sense. You just repeated what I said.

Skyhightrees

People are going to be quite shocked when he joins PSG later on. Like Cristiano Ronaldo wouldn’t be accepted there?

The bias is too strong

Ed9

Plays in Paris with his 7 balón d'ors and 6 golden boots, but as I said, you're derailing the thread.

This is a Ronaldo performance thread. Stick to discussing the 5 time balon dor and 4 time golden boot.
TBF you're more over the top fanboy than the other fella.

Ladron de redcafe

Yes….they have Lewa…..hence they don’t need Ronaldo or messi…nothing to do with quality but to do with the move not making sense. You just repeated what I said.
Buddy, the reason they wouldn't replace Lewandowski with Ronaldo is precisely because Lewandowski has much more quality :lol:

SportingCP96

Supports
TBF you're more over the top fanboy than the other fella.
No no it’s ok based on his responses he has a very hard time understanding things. When they are explained.

Luke1995

Is it just my impression, or did his ability to head a ball got worse over time ? He missed one chance today that a couple years ago he'd score.

Bobski

It isn't even rocket science. The fact that people who watch a sport don't understand something so simple is puzzling. Repeating hammering home cumulative goal totals as if they're what constitutes a great performance is just silly.
It is how fandom has developed, the obsession with individuals over teams, which is a model US sports leagues like the NBA have had so much success with. Massive appeal in our narcissistic age.

MichaelRed

Is it just my impression, or did his ability to head a ball got worse over time ? He missed one chance today that a couple years ago he'd score.
Just your impression I imagine. You likely didn't watch every Juve game so probably only saw the headers that went in and not the ones that went over the bar. At United you'll see them all.

Ladron de redcafe

Ok so you just proved my point. No further discussions needed I got my answers already.
Sure thing. Its more useful than repeatedly making a claim that the reason none of the top teams want Ronaldo has nothing to do with quality. We've established that this discussion is a waste of time.

Ed9

No no it’s ok based on his responses he has a very hard time understanding things. When they are explained.
It's clear you're a Ronaldo fan but at least you post actual arguments unlike his fanboy sweet 16 rage.

the_cliff

Ok so you just proved my point. No further discussions needed I got my answers already.
Mate. This thread is full of United fans that watch every minute of every United game this season. 95% of this thread thinks he's done.

You think we all have a Ronaldo agenda ?

He's done at the top level. The sooner you admit that this is the last time you'll see your hero at a top European club the less the heartbreak you'll have when he ends up in the MLS next season.

And this is coming from someone that would prefer Ronaldo in his prime to prime Messi.

People age shit changes it is what it is.

Swoobs

Supports
Florentina
Just your impression I imagine. You likely didn't watch every Juve game so probably only say the headers that went in and not the ones that went over the bar. At United you'll see them all.
Forget about headers, United fans are now seeing his first touchs and ball controls as well

Ladron de redcafe

It is how fandom has developed, the obsession with individuals over teams, which is a model US sports leagues like the NBA have had so much success with. Massive appeal in our narcissistic age.
The NBA's popularity took off, using this approach, which might justify marketing stars and valuing individual stats over impact. The top box score fillers are generally the top rating draws, are they not?

KeanoMagicHat

Put whoever you want in this team and they would still tie 1-1 to Burnley that’s the state the club is in.
Put in a better referee and we win about 3 or 4 nil. It feels like you had a pre-loaded agenda ready to go that just doesn't fit this match at all.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
If finishes out of the top four guarantees his exit then I hope we don't make it. We didn't drop points because of him but he's almost dead weight in this team. We were shite without him but with him in the team we're shite and he's holding us back.
What a weird post to say. You are so desperate for him to leave that you would be happy for us not to get top 4 so he goes? Great fan of the club you are

Rojow

He will brake so many hearts in that Netflix series he is recording. He loves SAF. United, he gives a feck. At least he could recognize he's playing badly and salute the fans.

Kopral Jono

Having started the season so well for us, I wonder what has gone wrong along the way. Age has caught up with him, sure, he isn't the player he was even a couple of years ago, but I refuse to accept that someone of his calibre could drop off just like that. Something is going on behind the scenes.

the_cliff

Having started the season so well for us, I wonder what has gone wrong along the way. Age has caught up with him, sure, he isn't the player he was even a couple of years ago, but I refuse to accept that someone of his calibre could drop off just like that. Something is going on behind the scenes.
I don't see Ronaldo being effected by anything 'behind the scenes'. He's always been unaffected by noise throughout his career. I just think the physicality of the Prem is too much for him at such an age. He's still doing well in the UCL but he just seems a tad slow in the English game, everything seems to run away from him and he seems affected by the pace.

Bobski

The NBA's popularity took off, using this approach, which might justify marketing stars and valuing individual stats over impact. The top box score fillers are generally the top rating draws, are they not?
Yes, basketball has, more than any other team sport, the inbuilt opportunity to allow an individual to dominate and be the key difference between winning and losing, you can put the ball in the best players hands and let them be the star. There has also been, watching from the outside, unhealthy officiating around big names, the refs know that stats builds hype, good for the league as a whole so star names get an easier whistle, plenty of free throws, the benefit of the doubt on calls.

Been weird to watch the US narratives around sport drift over into the football world. Ronaldo and Messi and all the GOAT shite has been so much like the tedious Lebron/Jordan arguments done to death on basketball forums.

SportingCP96

Supports
Mate. This thread is full of United fans that watch every minute of every United game this season. 95% of this thread thinks he's done.

You think we all have a Ronaldo agenda ?

He's done at the top level. The sooner you admit that this is the last time you'll see your hero at a top European club the less the heartbreak you'll have when he ends up in the MLS next season.

And this is coming from someone that would prefer Ronaldo in his prime to prime Messi.

People age shit changes it is what it is.
People do age. My point is you don’t score that many goals like he did last season and then “fall off the cliff the next”.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
He's not very good anymore, is he?

Not that tonight was his fault, to be fair. But definitely worth considering.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
People do age. My point is you don’t score that many goals like he did last season and then “fall off the cliff the next”.
You absolutely do. He is 37 now. Your body can age much quickly in football terms at that age. One year makes a huge difference

Red00012

2 headers that he would have finished not so long ago. Starting to worry about the fact we’ve feck all options up top

SonyaCross493

Ronaldo has mentally checked out and leaving in the summer anyway so I think talking about Ronaldo as a Manchester United player is now irrelevant.. And I blame Rangnick for not starting him it de-motivated him not making him feel wanted and coming on cold with zero confidence was bound to miss chances he's a terrible impact substitute at the best of times and especially when he's low on confidence and motivation because of not starting. That's on Rangnick. It's Rangnick job to keep his best players motivated. Like how Fergie told the rest of the players to pass to Van Persie. Rangnick doesn't do that with Ronaldo.

under Ole and Carricky he was scoring loads of goals. Since Rangnick came his goal output has gone off the cliff.. that can't be a coincidence and must be down to Rangnick and his tactics not getting the best out of Ronny.

Rangnick and his tactics don't suit CR7. So it's best if Ronaldo leaves in the summer.

Shame it never worked out for whatever reason (poor teammates, coaching, board etc) after all the promise and hope of that Newcastle game.. but often returns never do work. They say never go back.

will always be a club legend for what he's done for the club and his legacy remains intact. Like Ole's was.

thanks for all the good memories and bye

enjoy your retirement GOAT

Last edited:

Kopral Jono

I don't see Ronaldo being effected by anything 'behind the scenes'. He's always been unaffected by noise throughout his career. I just think the physicality of the Prem is too much for him at such an age. He's still doing well in the UCL but he just seems a tad slow in the English game, everything seems to run away from him and he seems affected by the pace.
As I said a few days ago in this thread, that extra half yard of pace is so important in the English game that losing it makes a great player average, but I think what we're seeing is a lot more than that. Ronaldo as of late seems to have lost his first touch, timing, decision making, heading ability, passing ability, basically the whole lot. I can't help but wonder if it's more than just age catching up with him.

Kopral Jono

He's mentally checked out and leaving in the summer anyway. And I blame Rangnick for not starting him it de-motivated him and coming on cold with zero confidence was bound to miss chances. That's on Rangnick. It's Rangnick job to keep his best players motivated. Like how Fergie told the rest of the players to pass to Van Persie. Rangnick doesn't do that with Ronaldo.

under Ole and Carricky he was scoring loads of goals. Since Rangnick came his goal output has gone off the cliff.. that can't be a coincidence and must be down to Rangnick and his tactics not getting the best out of Ronny.

Rangnick and his tactics don't suit him. So it's best if Ronaldo leaves in the summer.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but hasn't he started the vast majority of games under Rangnick, too?

Luke1995

Just your impression I imagine. You likely didn't watch every Juve game so probably only saw the headers that went in and not the ones that went over the bar. At United you'll see them all.
In fact I didn't watch every Juve game... but from what I saw, he wasn't as wasteful with his headers as he is being currently.

Giggs' right foot

He's mentally checked out and leaving in the summer anyway. And I blame Rangnick for not starting him it de-motivated him and coming on cold with zero confidence was bound to miss chances. That's on Rangnick. It's Rangnick job to keep his best players motivated. Like how Fergie told the rest of the players to pass to Van Persie. Rangnick doesn't do that with Ronaldo.

under Ole and Carricky he was scoring loads of goals. Since Rangnick came his goal output has gone off the cliff.. that can't be a coincidence.

Rangnick and his tactics don't suit him. So it's best if Ronaldo leaves in the summer.
You blame Rangnick for one of our senior players on the biggest wages has - your words - checked out? That's insane to me. And btw. Carrick sidelined Ronaldo against Chelsea. Ole did it against Everton. He's not some God anymore - of course he should be benched when he's this poor.

Also: there's such a huge difference between a 29-year-old van Persie, and this 37 year old Ronaldo. Of fecking course SAF told them to pass to Persie, because he could actually finish his meals and singlehandedly win us games. Ronaldo - this Ronaldo - can't do that. Hell, he can barely do a back heel pass without putting the ball out for a goalkick and nearly running into the fecking stands.

Status
Not open for further replies.