5.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
Nah, he's already managed them to one Euro win so nothing to prove there
You seem quite bothered by this Euro win of his. Weird to see how far out of your way you go to discredit it when his won teammates credit Ronaldo. They'd never never be in the final without him. The euro is about 1000's of minutes of football played. Ronnie missed a few of that and was essential throughout the rest.

shamans

Personally, I am going to be very disappointed and concerned if Ronaldo starts tonight. His form has been downright rotten for a couple of months now, not just the lack of goals, but his all-round game has massively deteriorated.

I'd look at starting Bruno as a false 9, with Rashford, Sancho and Elanga buzzing about in-behind/ahead
Form aside, it is stupid to play a 37 year old for 120 minutes but it would be even more stupid to start him. I'm pretty sure that wont happen

Irwin99

Hoping he'll score a few tonight and get back on track with the goals. People are seriously underestimating how much an in form Ronaldo will do for our top 4 chances(even if he's just goal poaching), especially since we've lost one striker and have another Cavani who is injured/out of form. The guy dragged us to the champions knockout stages and we need him now.

Glorio

He had 10 shots against Boro, missed a penalty and couldn't score, he has the second most shots in the league after Salah, it's a myth we don't have any chances.
You're being too logical for this thread my friend! The eye test backs it up, the data backs it up, and the only reason folks are desperate to defend these performances is the name on the back of his shirt.

Any other player with these sorts of performances would be utterly crucified. Rashford gets a lot of flack here, but even he is more of a danger to the opposition defence as he keeps making runs and pulling them all over the place, making space for others. I just don't see what it is that Ronaldo brings to the party right now.

I hold nothing against him and I'd be over the moon if his form picked up (goalscoring and general performance) but calling it as I see it. We are dealing with a really poorly performing CF that appears undroppable.

shamans

Hoping he'll score a few tonight and get back on track with the goals. People are seriously underestimating how much an in form Ronaldo will do for our top 4 chances(even if he's just goal poaching), especially since we've lost one striker and have another Cavani who is injured/out of form. The guy dragged us to the champions knockout stages and we need him now.
I want the same but rather we rest him up and use him for the champions league

Josh 76

I’m not sure if anyone has pointed this out, but his form seems to have declined rapidly since the early games. Maybe the PL intensity has escalated this. His body just seems to have run out of gas.

How many more times do we still have to keep hearing “he dragged us into the CL knockout stages.” That was a few months ago. He can’t live on those last minute goals all season!

Irwin99

I’m not sure if anyone has pointed this out, but his form seems to have declined rapidly since the early games. Maybe the PL intensity has escalated this. His body just seems to have run out of gas.

How many more times do we still have to keep hearing “he dragged us into the CL knockout stages.” That was a few months ago. He can’t live on those last minute goals all season!
That's a fair criticism and i'd be lying if I said I wasn't a bit concerned/doubtful but that's why i'm hoping a goal or two will turn things around.

Regarding his age, i've seen Giggs and Ibra go through horrible periods in their later careers where they did look finished (Giggs in 07-08 got heaps of stick) and they both came back into some form eventually. Again, just hoping the same with Ronnie. I honestly think we need him.

captaincantona

Sick of that narrative. His last minute goals got us through a piss poor group. His performances were average in all those games.go watch back the videos. If his performances had of been of a better quality all round or if we had of approached the games with a different a different frontline and used him differently- we could and should have gotten out of that group much more comfortably.

To say a player “drags” a team somewhere...I think of Keano in Turin, what Messi had been doing with Barca since xavi and ineasta left, Ronny with us in his 40+ goal season...

scoring a few last minute goals against poor opposition and performing fairly underwhelmingly during the original 90 minutes is not dragging anyone anywhere.

KeanoMagicHat

Yeah he has 8 in 18 in the league, but considering it was 3 in 2 at the start. That's 5 in 16 since then, all the while being in the team pretty much entirely for his goalscoring.

Irwin99

Sick of that narrative. His last minute goals got us through a piss poor group.
Which we would have exited from from had he not scored them. That's the point. It's a massive criticism of the state of the club that we even had to rely on them but it is what it is and six champions league goals were vital for our progress.

His performances as of late merit criticism and maybe his time here will end up going really badly in the end but it's pretty much a fact that we wouldn't be in the champions league knockouts without his goals. That doesn't justify his time back at the club though and he needs to start doing more.

Gavinb33

Which we would have exited from from had he not scored them. That's the point. It's a massive criticism of the state of the club that we even had to rely on them but it is what it is and six champions league goals were vital for our progress.

His performances as of late merit criticism and maybe his time here will end up going really badly in the end but it's pretty much a fact that we wouldn't be in the champions league knockouts without his goals. That doesn't justify his time back at the club though and he needs to start doing more.
You can't know that for sure, he helped us when he played but to say we wouldn't have won without him is unknown as the game plays out differently

Rojow

Ronaldo isn't even among the best players playing in the EPL according to Sofascore.
Can we change the header picture to the current Ronaldo please. Might aswell be different people at this point.
I support this. It's a 2009 picture. As some of his supporters are.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
This is all a problem of our own making.

Who at the club decided a 36 year old, on a 2 year contract with massive wages (no matter how good a player he was) was a wise move? Where's the forward planning at this club?

It wouldn't surprise me if the club tried to pull off a Tom Brady move with his success at Tampa Bay.
Zlatan worked out pretty well last time.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
What on earth happened to his first touch? He blew that situation at the end by drunken Rooney esque touch, and it just needed a simple touch to turn it into a great situation.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Oh wow well will you look at that, Ronaldo didn’t start and United are still shite. It’s almost like the problem isn’t the player but much deeper then that as his previously been stated.

United won’t ever get out of this situation when the fans don’t even know what the problem is and Blame players (not just Ronaldo) when it’s much more then that.

Ronaldo on an actually functioning team scored you 30 a season with his eyes closed.

Wolf1992

Supports
No team in particular.
He was terrible the few minutes he played, as bad as his match against Serbia in the last match of the qualifiers, completely bullied by the serbian CBs.

His body looks great, but still his physically strength isn't there

Gottabekiddingme

He looks likes Ibrahimović after his ACL surgery
He looks like a doesn't want to be here. Half assed his warm up, got dressed for 4 (!) minutes on the bench when Rangnick called, and jogged on the pitch for 2p minutes. Get him out honestly. It's over.

Idxomer

Oh wow well will you look at that, Ronaldo didn’t start and United are still shite. It’s almost like the problem isn’t the player but much deeper then that as his previously been stated.

United won’t ever get out of this situation when the fans don’t even know what the problem is and Blame players (not just Ronaldo) when it’s much more then that.

Ronaldo on an actually functioning team scored you 30 a season with his eyes closed.
Troll alert!!

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He’s like 99% done. If Mr CL has stinkers against Atletico then you know he’s 100% done

SportingCP96

Supports
And yes Ronaldo was poor when he came on.

the_cliff

Posting this after this game is a very bad example. Especially when he came on missed 2 very good chances and lost the ball in every other touch. :lol: :lol:

You should've waited for a game when he comes off the bench and actually scores the winner. Only a matter of time till that happens.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
straight down the tunnel again. didn’t even say thanks to the united fans.

anybody who thinks he’s here because he loves the club needs their heads wobbling

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Forget the expected physical decline, his touch in and around the pen has gone to shit. The number of chances he wastes because he cannot keep the ball in optimal position happens too many times

That_Bloke

Supports
Leicester City

I highly doubt that. He's certainly not United's main problem but his level clearly fell off a cliff.

Edit: checking the club you support explains your massive bias.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I can't fault him too much. His touch is really shit though for a potential GOAT.

Woodenlung

He's utterly finished. The headers weren't the easiest of chances, but a player who professes to be world class should at least get one of the two on target.

And the chance in injury time where he couldn't adequately control the ball in the box? That's just horrendous. He did the exact same against Middlesbrough too.

Skyhightrees

Guy played 30 minutes and had like 10 touches yet fools are parroting he is done here… players can’t mis headers? He didn’t get enough height in relation to the ball both times.

The hate is astounding. Cavani had as bad of a game and has nowhere the same amount of vitriol, it’s not the number 9s fault in this team.

How many chances do they get with the ball at their feet? First time shots on a cutback? Last game I agree but today? Nah, the bias is too strong.

Rockets Redglare

I can't fault him too much. His touch is really shit though for a potential GOAT.
Unfortunately that’s what happens when the top top players get old. His body can’t keep up with what his brain wants him to do.

SportingCP96

Supports
Posting this after this game is a very bad example. Especially when he came on missed 2 very good chances and lost the ball in every other touch. :lol: :lol:

You should've waited for a game when he comes off the bench and actually scores the winner. Only a matter of time till that happens.
I said he played bad this game as well. No shying away from it.

My point still stands though.

Thiagoal

Bobby Charlton’s probably isn’t great now either but I wouldn’t let that cloud my opinion of his career

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
I think it might be best for all parties if he goes at the end of the season.

I don't think signing him was the wrong decision because we need a striker and its hardly genius intellect to say we should have signed Haaland.

Even as a finisher I just can't see it with him, hoping for a late flourish but he looks quite average at the top level.

SportingCP96

Supports
I highly doubt that. He's certainly not United's main problem but his level clearly fell off a cliff.

Edit: checking the club you support explains your massive bias.
How can you doubt it when last season in Juve (who were not that great) he scored over 30.

Now at United he is struggling more is it the player or is it the club? Like I said…30+ goals last season.

But sure “because of my club their is bias” and not the fact that I am giving you facts.

Devil81

Had the ball played into his feet in the last few minutes and couldn't adjust his feet quick enough to even get a snap shot in.

He's finished, such a shame watching him break down this season but the pace of the Premier league has destroyed him. Maybe we've overplayed him to be fair but given he demands to play it's a difficult situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.